Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

1. Fix the Ferrous Coin falsing where iron shows good targets in the 12:40 range and shows the red diamond in the large ferrous (lower right hand corner). When digging the target you only find Iron in the hold and no good targets. There is a separate thread that confirms this as a current bug.
2. Create a screen to be on par with the Whites V3i color screen which has colors that really have good contrast and brightness. Both the CTX 3030 and E-Trac share the same washed out screen that is difficult to see in bright sunny conditions. Even today's inexpensive smart phones have screens that are much better in terms of brightness and clarity than the $2499 CTX 3030 so Minelab needs to spend more to get a richer display on board the unit.
3. Ship better quality headphones that don't sound muffled. Minelab sells a premium product at a premium price, but the headphones and screen are both poor in comparison to the detecting technology that is used in the machine.

Building on the comments of different screen colors, font sizes, clock positioning, etc. How about the concenpt of various "skins" or themes even if they need to be applied with the software. No matter what PLEASE add a contrast control. For me it is way too soft of a contrast out of the box.

Screen Contrast - Would help in the sun and perhaps make the colors a bit more vibrant in certain situations. Just the backlight control is not enough (usually) but helps.

This is a great machine but earlier minelabs were way smoother on the beach. I have owned sovereigns, excals, and explorers from day one and the CTX needs some tweaking for sure, Help us out Minelab, this is an expensive machine to not run properly on the beach

Jerry

It is not marketed to be a beach or underwater machine. Although it can do in those conditions it is marketed to be more of an "all around" detector. That being said, it will probably not perform as well in the water as an excal or on the beach like the sovereign. But the ability to tid better may help you dig less junk targets. I'm sure it will "see" the same targets as the others but you now have the ability to set the machine to "your" hunting specs/techniques.So far it seems to outperform the Etrac and Explorer series on land. And in the right hands and set properly over time I think the CTX will do quite well in the water. I still do not believe most have enough time on the machine to really say yay or nay. (Most do not even have a set of waterproof headphones yet.) I certainly do not have enough hours and still have the mindset to treat it as an Etrac. I need a few more hours to get a feel for it myself. What I'm saying in a nutshell is play with the settings and I believe you will be less frustrated with chatter. If it means lowering the sensitivity setting, then thats ok because I have read posts stating that it did not lose a target when substantially lowering sensitivity. JMHO HH Joe

Since there is nothing I want to dig at the bottom of the screen, I would like to see the TID and depth moved to the bottom of the screen. The TID info and the Sensitivity info could be displayed next to each other at the bottom.

I would like to have the ability to transfer created or save waypoints into ctx by folders (collection) to enable being able to select individual hunt locations based on collection name on the ctx. For example: When operating in field you could open collection folder :1800's Farm and under that you would have the waypoints created for that location only. This way when wanting to go to waypoint 01 it would be 01 for that particular site. Then if you went to new site to hunt : Collection name : Civil War Camp you would have waypoint 01 for that particular site. If this is possible now please advise as I dont see how.
Thanks
BRIAN JONES

-I would like to see the option to change the GPS screen to "track up" instead of "north up"
-add to the user button the option of going to/from manual to auto sensitivity

Add the ability to use a flash card plugged into the usb port via a tethered plug. That way saved screen shots, geohunts and find points can be saved on the flash card later transfered to a computer.

With so much riding on the ground mineralization how about providing some on-screen feedback as to what the CTX is seeing.

I would like to see a power indicator, same as the battery power indicator, at the top of the screen to let you know when the wireless module is getting low on charge and needs recharging.
Thanks

An app for the IPad that allows you view your Geo Hunts, waypoints and find points.

ptdigger said:
An app for the IPad that allows you view your Geo Hunts, waypoints and find points.

Or a app that you could hook the detector to the iPad would be really cool with the camera connection kit you can hook up a USB cable to a IPad.

Jason

I think a WiStream (wireless) pinpointer would be great accessory to the CTX 3030. Minelab could take the output of the pinpointer to the coil input like SunRay does except it would be wireless so we can hear the pinpointer through the headphones with discrimination. :thumbup:

I read thru the posts and hope I didn't miss any..

1. This one is the one I would like the most.. hard to keep track of all the finds on a full day hunt... In the Gps feature on the machine when you select make a findpoint, have a small screen come up with a few preset Identities or make it is possible where the user can decide which ones to have loaded (like a coin pack for coin shooters ie silver/clad, 1cent, 5cent, 10 cent, or relic pack, Button, rare find, round ball, conical bullet, etc) so there isn't a long list or have set amount like 5 or 10. That way when you do hit the make a find point selection, then dig the target, recover it then select the icon or identity for the target you just dug.. the detector still detects when this screen is up so leaving it open shouldn't be a problem case you have to recheck the hole.

2. Tracking.. instead of always North, have it show the track direction you are going. i carry a small Minelab compass to orient me with what the screen says..

3. a better Battery indicator, more segments? or a percentage?

4. The ability to keep the keep the color of the findpoints on Exchange 2 when transferred over to the CTX.. I just found out how to change them on the Exchange and haven't got back in the field to see if the colors stay on the CTX.. if so disregard..

5. The ability to have more zooms.. like 5-10-20-50(would be nice) 100 and 500..

6. The ability to turn off the search for findpoint once its turned on and a findpoint is selected... may be able to, but haven't figured it out yet...

7. I know this is a biggie but to be able to down load a very small plat of either google earth or a topo type plat into the ctx.. something to give a possible reference

and/or 8. To be able to draw lines/squares to follow or color in a section to head to on the google map in the Exchange 2 and it be transferable to the CTX.. Like boundary lines

9. and the gps id so I can track it if someone steals it. be like an insurance, I have it for my phone, and found it in a pasture. So if they turn it on and use it I'd like to find them before the cops do,, and possibly introduce them to Mr. Samson Relic shovel!! :nopity:

10. user soft button for recenter or to keep the icon in the center all the time.

11. make the track marks smaller. noticed in zoom 10 you can fill up a section but when loaded in the Exchange 2 there are noticeable gaps. This may not be possible but worth a try.

12. a for the CTX to have female voice so my wife will really get jealous cause I spend too much time with it already..:inlove:

As you can tell most of mine have to do with the Gps, I think the possibilities of this feature is boundless!!

It would be nice to have a "Pause" option so that when you put the CTX down and are digging or using a hand-held pin pointer the detector would be silent.

I would like to see Minelab make a full 8" search coil for the CTX 3030 which would be a nice compromise between the 6" and 11" coils for better target separation than the 11" but also better ground coverage than the 6".

Ralph (Sun Ray)