Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

1. 8 conductive bins for tone /catagory separation rather than only 4,

2. A higher adjustment then 1200 hz would be nice

3. On the etrac when we edit a pattern you can see the discrimination numbers which makes it easier to set up custom screens. It would be nice for ctx 3030 to have this feature.

4. The computer program that comes with the machine needs to be MAC compatible.

Hi All,
Been thinking of this for a while now, when i was on the fresh ploughed soil & its all aerated, my Etrac didn't seem to get much depth,
I Think it would be a good idea to Have a option to switch to a single frequency like the X-Terra 705, instead of the multi frequency,
Id imagine it could be done, as the coil would allow it, as its already pumping out different frequencies, where as the 705 had to change coils.
Would help getting to the Small stuff like cut quarters ect,
I Don't know how that would fair with you guys in the US, But here in the UK, It would be like the icing on the cake.

Cheers Dave.

1) I would like to see a menu item where we could check for software updates for both the Xchange2 software and the detector software.

2) I would also like to see the software incorporate a page to a Minelab server where Search Modes could be uploaded by members to share with other members. And provide an area on that server so we could describe each Search Mode that we upload. And, possibly the ability to rate or discuss modes that have been tried.

3) If the detector is going to continue to wait to implement the updates until AFTER it is unplugged from the USB port, provide a warning not to turn off the detector before unplugging from the computer so it can running it's update.

4) And, my most urgent, figure out a way to make the detector discriminate out ALL aluminum! Pleeeeeeeze!

I would like to see a way for you to be able to add a basic log entry in exchange for example ;when I lake hunt I do not use geo trail or find points. Since the swim area is always the same it would be nice to still log finds with no gps info as an entry. I would like to also be able to at least pull up my saved finds and notes without being signed in to exchange 2 as at work I have no wifi but can use my laptop.

I would also like an option to enable the external speaker without unpluging the head phones or turning off wireless as this would aid in videoing.

Enable a blue-tooth setting where I can talk to people when they call me via the speakers. I would be able to hear them through my wireless headphones. I hate having to stop and take out my phone. How about a camera mounted on the control box that is focused on the ground and can be easily adjusted to the left or right.

At this time, I have only one request. I have vision problems and I can't see the TID numbers and depth indicator on the "Target ID Panel" when in the default mode. When I change to the large size, it covers up the Detect Screen enough that I have difficulty seeing the target trace. If you could add a "Medium" size option for the TID panel it would really help.

There are a lot of excellent requests for changes to the software on this post. I hope some of them can be implemented.

I think the CTX will definitely be a winner with a few minor changes...I'm impressed!

Thanks

"I would like the ability to get the machine to rule out the first X inches of the ground, where X is 2-4 inches, so that deeper targets would be the only ones that sounded"

This would be easy to update via software so I hope they implement it. It would be a simple logic statement like "If depth is < 4 inches, then ignore"

I would like the strength of target trace increased(the visual part) as I barely get any visual indicators at depths of 6 or more inches with target trace. I realize that shallow targets may become giant "blobs" of red, however, if you implement the suggestion above, then this would not be a problem.

I have bought the etrac, and the ctx 3030. My dad has bought the safari and an etrac and thinking on getting a 3030. We are a minelab family and minelab:minelab: will be the only brand of detectors we will buy(I know, shameless).

Please implement these suggestions, they will sell a ton more of 3030s :happy:. Please on both knees!!!

Bey

As suggested on another forum, a simple solution to the headphone problem (if Minelab can't fix it via a software upgrade), would just be to have a setting where we can turn the headphones/Speaker on an off through a menu.

My new Chef Phone's CP3's and my new Gray Ghost Deep Woods, both do not shut off the speak. I have to use the adapter and it sticks out the back quite a bit, an accident waiting to happen.

Albert

I would also like to see in exchange 2 a way to edit geo hunt trails the color etc. and the ability to then overlay them to see what you do when you return to a large are as well if you hunt with a buddy with a ctx you can overlay geo trails and FP's

TARGET TAG, TARGET CONFIRM
When you go over targets like a pull tab and you get a 12:15 you can tag this location so that a Pull Tab Icon dispays with the curser. Then Everytime you go over a pull tab you TARGET CONFIRM that you hit another pulltab at the same 12:15. Then as you build your CONFIRMATIONS when you go over a 12:15 signal it displays a Pull Tab Icon with the percentage of time this signal has been a pull tab for your hunts.

Cheers

Tony Diana

It would be nice if the clock was in a different location.... Most of the time it is being covered up by the drop down CO FE numbers.....

Killmerg said:
It would be nice if the clock was in a different location.... Most of the time it is being covered up by the drop down CO FE numbers.....

lowering the FE/CO target id #'s below the status bar would be another option.

I would like to see the addition of allowing one type of audio (EX. conductive 50 tones) for pattern 1, but having (Ex Combined audio) for pattern 2. It would allow for a wider audio range for me to make decisions by ear. I would also like the option of adding more bins in combined as others have mentioned. Ideally, I would like to be able to choose as many bins as I want but a couple more would be sufficient. Thanks for this thread, i think some very productive ideas will present themselves here. -Marc

I don't do know if this has been posted yet, but I would like to see the pinpoint function lock in the on position when you press the button and go off when you press the button a second time.

I don't want to use the discriminate when in combined mode but I don't like hearing the junk sounds. Give me the ability to set the frequency of any bin to 0 hz or just turn off the sound in any bin I choose.

I also agree that the clock needs to be relocated on the screen.

Some kind of anti-glare material needs to be put on the screen. Maybe a plastic sheet that you can stick on the screen and replace periodically.

The volume needs to be louder. I already have the gain at 30 and the signals aren't loud enough.

Not sure if this has been suggested yet. When noise cancelling, briefly flash the channel the CTX chose at the end like the Etrac. Sometimes the machine will choose the same channel that is an issue.

The ability to have different update packages. For example, one for added bins, one for putting the clock in a different position, one for updated audio options, etc. Not all the updates in one update file. Basically the option to pick and choose which updates you want to install and which you dont.

Here is an example (video) of why I would like to see a separate volume control for the pinpoint function.
The video should open up in Windows Media Player.

Detect/Pinpoint volume

Im really liking the CTX and feel that this would make it that much better.
Ron L

I would also like the pinpoint button to have the option to choose in a menu for it to be an on-off button or a momentary button (I don't know the design of the button so I don't know if this is even possible). It would be nice if I could push it once to turn it on and push it again to turn it off. I could also push it to silence the machine in pinpoint as I sometimes get chatter when I put the machine down while pinpointing in the plug.