Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

Cowboy26a said:
I don't do know if this has been posted yet, but I would like to see the pinpoint function lock in the on position when you press the button and go off when you press the button a second time.

Yes...definately. I have weak fingers due to an injury in the hand I have to use..and holding in that button is very difficult for me. Being able to lock it in pinpoint would make things so much easier for me. It could be optional to select either hold down or push to lock/unlock pinpoint in the menus. Please Minelab. That should be an easy program fix. I hope.

Also, a way to turn the sound off when digging a target so we dont have to listen to the noise the ctx can make.

Pinpoint on top like the etrac please
Works mutch easyer
And if possible a setting that we can detect golden chains

If you were able to lock for pinpoint it would not be able to be used for other functions like a back button. Also I think the target trace would not work as well. I understand what your saying and I'm pretty sure Minelab has thought of this but imo it would not work without implementing an entire new machine design. HH Joe

Please make the menus/selections/options wrap around. ie. if I am on Mode 1 and want to select Mode 10, I should be able to just hit the up arrow once. The same should go for other options also, if I am in Auto sensitivity, either the up or down arrow should select Manual. This would speed up the menu selections and avoid the anoying fault beep when reaching the end of the selection/menu lists.

One of the problems that I can forsee is one of memory availability. I have read alot of great suggestions for changes that can be uploaded, but I have to wonder just how much memory is available for any program changes. I hope that Minelab did put in plenty of memory to handle any future updates. Depending on the programing language used, one change can use up a bunch of memory or maybe use less depending on what is needed but the more modifications to the program, the more memory is likely going to be used. I can only hope that they planned ahead and put in plenty of memory. Since they planned for updates...we can hope.

I do wish they would make available more selections that could be added to the user selection.

1. The ability to use personal button as the pinpoint button (that rubber boot on the pin point is gonna where out quick)
2. The ability to shunt the speaker as a software choice.
3. The ability to only accept targets by depth. -maybe a deep target alert tone- (yeah a lot of people say im crazy but, in an area with a lot of fill it would be great) (hey it is a wish list)
4. Pinpointer that works on the same frequency as the wireless headset ,also if you get to far from the pinpointer it would alert you. This so you would not loose them.
5. the ability to capture and display on a chart all the targets encountered during a hunting session and there coordinates;. Allow this to be opened on your computer. So that if I missed something, I could go back and get this item after review of the data. (this would take memory and lots of it)
6. ability to switch to gray scale contrast on the screen.
7. A feature where as if I put in say 12-08 and I go over that target, that it would play a specal tone of my choice! Call it Tone Targeted Notification!
8. A feature to act as a governor of sorts to ensure proper swing speed

Ok it was a wish list

Jess;)

etracjoe said:
If you were able to lock for pinpoint it would not be able to be used for other functions like a back button. Also I think the target trace would not work as well. I understand what your saying and I'm pretty sure Minelab has thought of this but imo it would not work without implementing an entire new machine design. HH Joe

Ummm....not sure just who you were replying to on this, but being able to lock the pinpoint button would not require much of a modification if it is able to be done via a software update. It would depend though on just how the button circuitry is designed. If a circuit change is needed, then of course it couldnt be done on existing machines without them having to be sent in. It could easily though be done on future builds and for those that wanted it, could be a board swap, prob not free of course, but in my case would be well worth it with the injury problem I have with my hand.

As to it having any affect on target trace....why would it? You have to hold the button in and then with it held in, target trace is either on or off depending on your setup, but holding the button in manually or by being able to select it as on and then off is not going to affect target trace.

Now if you are talking about having pinpoint be on or off via the user button, it wouldnt affect target trace since it would simply be another user setting. I still dont see how that would require a total re-design. Again though, it does depend on just how the pinpoint button circuitry is designed.

It would be nice to have an ability to list and show/hide already saved GPS tracks.
Different colors for the tracks are also very welcome!

Screen - Contrast Control (maybe something to get it more vibrant as well)
Audio - Variability control
Clock - It is usually covered by the VID numbers. Option to move it.

LOL Steve - Your wife made you say that didn't she ;-)

Ralph you hit the nail on the head 8 bins
I would like also like a test mode for swing speed
And lastly a probe that works like Ralph's x1

Today we only have Location Format (D.MS, D.M). Since I`m working with archaeologists in Norway I would like to have possibilities to change location format to the UTM system.
This it what they demand in the report system and it would help me a lot. As it is now I have to use my old Garmin in addition to the CTX3030.

I would like to see a 6.5" x 8.5" search coil added to the available 6", 11", and 13" x 17" coils. That would be a very nice size coil, it would cover more area, quicker than the 6", but would still be able to get into small areas.....

Most of us have to put the detector down while digging.
All the time it will run, and use battery power. And make noise and possibly influence a PinPointer.

To just turn it of is not the best idea, because after you turn it on,
you may need to wait a while until the detector "got the ground" and you may need to do the "noise canceling" 30 seconds also.

Therefore i would like the idea of an "energy saving mode" or "digging mode", it will switch off the detector, yut when turned on again, it makes a quickstartwith the last values of sensitivity and noise-canceling channel.
THis "energy saving feature" would be a good idea for most users.

It could be implemented possibly when pressing a second button and the switch off ... as a suggestion.

Silverstore - Brilliant idea and it will add life to the expensive rechargables. I'm sure it is very doable.

On a separate note, Minelab got back to a user and said an adjustable iron volume IS NOT possible. I have no clue about why not. I guess it is on the PCB, which was the same reason for not adding a software fix for headphones that wouldn't function when plugged in.

I'd also like third screen on the "detection button" (former Quickmask-button with the E-Trac).
On this third screen, i'd like to see a waveform like on the V3i for all 3 frequencies, and numbers which sensitivity they have.
The buttons on the CTX 3030 are few and therefore they are near to be overloaded.
Yet its always possible to
a) configure things via a menu.
b) use one of the buttons to go to a new screen with multiple choives taht are possibly new and do not have a own button
These are the two ways to implement multiple of the above suggestions.

Please, please, please one or two more bins in combine!