Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

Allow editing names of Find / Way points in the machine. Even if only a single (last?) character in the name could be user selected / edited in the field, it would allow to classify finds on the spot.
When starting a geohunt, have an option to continue one of the already stored geohunts instead of being forced to start a new one every time.
Note: Maybe I shouldn't be sticking out my neck since I don't yet have a CTX but, I want it to be perfected by the time I get it! After all, even that everybody here knows more than me about MDing, I know more than an average Joe about GPS.

Another poster alluded to this all the way back on Page 2... but a TID to word converter would be helpful for new users that aren't used to the TID numbers. If I pull 1, 2, or 50 pull tabs it would be great to be able to accurately track the TIDs that hit as a pull tab so that the detector could calculate the probability that a certain TID is a certain object.

For instance; if I've pulled 1,000 pull tabs at a certain TID and the machine finds an object in that TID, then it might display "Pull Tab - 89%" based on my own (or perhaps even other's) hunting experiences. I realize it won't be 100% accurate, but it would be easier for newer users to use the words to help identify what the target might be as opposed to struggling to remember TIDs. This could easily be programmed from the same screen as the "Tone ID Profile" in xchange2.

Jon

He is definitely a heavy hitter when it comes to GPS. He's done product testing for many of the big GPS manufacturers.

G..

I also like the "Pull Tab - 89%" Idea.
I believe that this "List of things" must be really large and will therefore need at least 25 to 100 kb in Memory.
The question will be if the CTX has enough Memory reserves.
Besides that this would REALLY make a difference to other products AND would also increase sales for the CTX.
Because a dealer would have something very easy to present to people.
Besides that we know that the "Pro's" would currently disable it.

To make something like that really work, the CTX would possibly need additional hardware (a built in speed/position/Sweep-sensor like its in a WII Controller) to really analyze Signals and ring them together with an exact coil-position over the target.
That - together with the signals from the three frequencies - would be the only way to get an accurate depth and size information and these all are necessary to really get a high percentage on "whats in the floor".
To do this even a much faster CPU may be necessary. We'll see what next generation will bring.
Besides that, as a marketing help this feature would be interesting.

OK, maybe as an idea for a "Next generation" CTX.
If the CTX will store the "detection results" together with the geo-data, it can create sort of "geological maps" and suggest points where something could be found.
Think of a salesman in the shop "This detector will tell you where to search ...". (Funny?)

Ok, imagine a field which you want to search. You gou round the field and press some buttons on the CTX NG. THis way he knows the field-borders.
Knowing the borders, the machine can calculate the best route to walk through the field and tell you where to go.

Also in a CTX NG we would like to really see the Maps from Google-Maps or Google-Earth on the screen.

While not the most pressing I would think the screen background light should come on when a target is detected. I currently have it set 10 seconds and when I find a target I just pull the PP switch and it works.Also the light should go lower At 0 dark thirty the light being on 24-7 blinds you even at setting one. Like I said doesn't matter too much as I dig all targets on the beach that has a sound don't look at the meter!
BCNJ

I would like to be able to zoom in on a particular portion of the screen. To keep it simple, just being able to have left or right half zoom to full screen would be nice. If hunting high conductors I could just see the high targets half of the screen. Nice for those of us with poor eyesight! Better yet would be ability to draw a box and zoom in on the boxed area.

Two ways to think about it. Could just make existing picture bigger, nothing more than plain old zoom. An alternative would be to actually spread the target resolution out on screen so it would look the same but a 12-12 and a 12-13 would be farther apart on screen. So instead of two big blobs close together you have two normal size blobs farther apart with space for a 12-12.5 in between. I guess that depends on how much internal target resolution exists and how stable you want the display to be.

Could also have option auto discriminate out anything outside the boxed/zoomed region.

Steve Herschbach

I would love to see this functionality. It would be a great asset in parks. This used to be a selling feature on older machines and they called it surface blanking.

Beyonder said:
"I would like the ability to get the machine to rule out the first X inches of the ground, where X is 2-4 inches, so that deeper targets would be the only ones that sounded"

This would be easy to update via software so I hope they implement it. It would be a simple logic statement like "If depth is < 4 inches, then ignore"

I would like the strength of target trace increased(the visual part) as I barely get any visual indicators at depths of 6 or more inches with target trace. I realize that shallow targets may become giant "blobs" of red, however, if you implement the suggestion above, then this would not be a problem.

I have bought the etrac, and the ctx 3030. My dad has bought the safari and an etrac and thinking on getting a 3030. We are a minelab family and minelab:minelab: will be the only brand of detectors we will buy(I know, shameless).

Please implement these suggestions, they will sell a ton more of 3030s :happy:. Please on both knees!!!

Bey

Need to Chang VDI #s and Pin Piont tone,

I have heard XChange 2 can run on Mac with dual boot windows but that requires extra software and expense. A native Mac version would be good for some people out there.

steve herschbach said:
I have heard XChange 2 can run on Mac with dual boot windows but that requires extra software and expense. A native Mac version would be good for some people out there.

I was just trying to download the new software onto my CTX, but I realize that I upgraded my MAC to the new version and the VMWare wWindows software did not work with the new operating system. Now I have to download the new version of VMWare to run the Exchange . What a pain in the ars. Please come out with a Mac based version.

GoldCTX said:
Please Make a MAC Version of XChange2 !!!!

Thank you.

AMEN!!:clapping:

GoldCTX said:
Please Make a MAC Version of XChange2 !!!!

Thank you.

AMEN!!:clapping:

I just spent $49.00 for the new version of VMWare so I can download a free Minelab upgrade.

Good Luck, My 500g hard drive has been partitioned and I have "Oracle Virtual-Box" installed with Windows XP on there for my Quickbooks Pro software. But, after using that setup for a few years...I am still not happy with it. (a have had a lot of issues...) I have found having to cross an existing Mac platform with a third party interface just to run a simple windows program ~ is a major pain just to see or access ports and also external devices = that can be a nightmare !!! All these ports operate in a Mac environment ~ the war between windows and mac recognizing hardware properly still can be a problem. Depending on what application you are using ~ some programs might work fine.... But, others with that need connections and interfaces to outside of the computer as I have found... the Windows/ Mac connection don't always do what you might expect them to do... and in my case started causing weird errors. I speak from experience... So my plan is... after I upgrade to the 2013 Quickbooks Pro tI am changing to the Mac version~ I then will happily remove XP and the Partition and free up some more hard drive space.

Maybe a new version of VMWare will work better for you... It might... But for me... "Oracle Virtual-Box" as nice as it looks and easy as it is to use ~ didn't get the job done for me and caused other issues... and gets a thumbs down.

I think that MineLabs is a large enough company that they have the resources business sense ~ to expand their user base of the CTX to Mac users... And then write a Mac version of the program ~ That is the real answer this issue.

Best of luck with all your projects!!!

Agreed.

I've started using the VMWare software back when I switched over to Mac, because I had all my programs in Microsoft. Now it is all Mac based and I only used VMWare for this silly Xchange2.

n/t

Have the ability for the collections you create in Exchange 2 to be sorted. The position is set when you create them & they cannot be re-arranged.

Also have the Compass work like a real compass & not just point North on top when that is not really the true direction you are facing.