Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

I would like to have the ability to rearrage the COLLECTIONs into the order I want them. Currently as one is created it goes to the bottom of the stack. If they could be dragged and dropped into the place desired it would be great. Currently only 12 characters are allowed for the COLLECTION name, and 20 for both FP and WP names. I would like to have 25-30 characters for naming COLLECTIONS, FPs, and WPs..Also, the XC2 app allows the creation of WPs in the software. I would like the ability to create FPs as well. That way if a person wants to "place" items found prior to having a CTX, or if they just didn't get the FP created in the field. The machine and item information shown on the FP screen could be left blank or dummied in, from air scan info. I have created FPs for items not recorded in the field by scanning them and saving as an FP, and then editing the Lat & Long info to place the FP in the correct location. It would be simpler to have the ability to create an FP just like a WP can be created.

i really enjoy hunting in 50 conductive tones. It would be absolutely amazing if minelab could somehow make audio adjustments to make the CTX3030 sound like the Etrac.

I agree. I also would like the ability to set a bin frequency to 0. I like to use combined in trashy areas but the resulting machine gun rattle of low tones makes it difficult to stay with for very long. And more bins of course

Not sure if it fits here - the suggestion is for XChange update:
Allow import / export of waypoints / findpoints to some other popular format like .GPX or even a text file.
This would allow users to easily import waypoints from various sources or review data collected with CTX using other mapping software. Google maps are nice but I want my waypoints over old scanned maps and topo maps.

I know this would most likely require more than just a software update but here goes...a bluetooth option would be great so you know when your cell phone rings :) I almost never feel the vibration or hear my smart phone ring, it would be really cool if you could pair up your phone so either your ctx screen would notify you or a ring tone would come through your headphones.

I would like to have much clearer on line instructions about all the whistles and bells. I know a lot of detectorist's who are experienced complete understand the use of all the different settings but as a bit of a novice I am scared to alter the setting from basic simply because I don't understand what they can or can't achieve. I know I am not alone with this problem because I have spoken to others who own the CTX 3030 and like me the just switch it on and go. I think you the manufacturer is assuming that if people purchase this expensive machine they must be experienced enough to understand its workings, I'm afraid that is not so.
Please create some on line instructions to explain the workings of this fantastic machine.

More Conductive bins in the Combined Mode would be a fantastic option! I know this has been mentioned before, but recently I have concluded that 2, 3, or 4 more bins would be a very positive addition for the CTX user who wants to get the maximum results from this great machine.

I would like the ability to drop files into Xchange from my desktop with out the detector hooked up. I could then modify them as I want and then drop them into the detector at a later time.

Also, a debian Linux xchange program would be great!

This would be for people who would like to switch to the CTX but want a readout screen such as Ring, quarter, dime, ect. Could a program be written so in the center of the Target Cursor or The Target Display Panel there would be an abbreviated Name of the possible Item located. Could use the full Name on the Target ID Panel. Thanks .

After my first day swinging the CTX, I can think of two updates that would be nice to see.

When kneeling down dig a target there is not and easy way to eliminate beeps, chirps, and thresold coming through the headphones while trying to recover a target unless I switch off the headphones (Sunray Pro Golds). With my Whites XLT, I would just hit the menu button and it goes completely silent. With the CTX, I don't see the point in having the threshold, and other detector noises continue while in any menu screen. If we could silence the CTX when the center Menu button is pressed, this would be an easy way to quickly silence the unit if experiencing coil chatter during target recovery.

Secondly, and not needed by me just yet, but maybe have a "Prospecting" mode and the ability to just use those frequencies that are better suited to chime in on smaller gold nuggets/pickers.

Minor change here...to have the option to turn on/off the boot up tone. Not that the tone bothers me, but it may bother or attract the surrounding public.

Just thought of a need that I'm not even sure is even possible, but just throwing out there. :unsure:

The CTX has the option of taking screen shots and can be uploaded directly to a laptop or computer.
However, this has to be completed before turning off the CTX, as the images are not perminently saved.

What I would like to see is a SmartPhone app to allow USB transfer from CTX to the Smartphone.

Or, some form of Bluetooth transfer.

I would like to be able to program the user button as a mute button. If the user button can turn the back light on and off it should be able to turn the threshold on and off. You can do this with the V3 and boy is that nice. I mute the sound on every dig as it is much easier to hear your pinpointer and just nice to have the silence when the threshold is not needed. Also when somone wants to talk to you like happens all the time on the beach, you simply mute the threshold and you can hear without removing your headphones all the time. Another benefit of a mute button is when another detectorist approaches close and you start getting major feedback, you simply use the mute button very quickly and easily.

neslot said:
I would like the ability to drop files into Xchange from my desktop with out the detector hooked up. I could then modify them as I want and then drop them into the detector at a later time.

You can do that with the mlf files in the CTX 3030 Resource room.

I think it would be great if the DEPTH # were a larger font....
Hard to see in bright light..
Thanks..
Sonny

bigfootokie said:
More Conductive bins in the Combined Mode would be a fantastic option! I know this has been mentioned before, but recently I have concluded that 2, 3, or 4 more bins would be a very positive addition for the CTX user who wants to get the maximum results from this great machine.

Very much agree!

id Like too see the Disced out Pattern of the Screen Darker???? My 2 cents Mickfin