Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab's website is down...

Des D said:
?So, might we expect a slew of new info, videos, Treasure Talk blogs, and Instruction Manuals to be unveiled at midnight?
But midnight where? Australia? USA? UK?

Or, the server might just have fallen into a sink hole???

Its still down .
I think they have gone to ground . We might need an Equinox to find them !

The server has been down for over 24 hours now. Can't get email response from Jamie on repair service either. Good ol Minelab

Thats probably because all ML email go through the ML server.

If they put their email server on their web server the ought to get hit in the head. In the IT world usually you keep them separate so you can do maintenance, up grades, and security.

Still down . I think its to do with not saying anything till the Equinox is released. They may be throwing a strop ?

It occurred to me that if this server is in Australia it could be up and just think its down (under).

Sorry, wishful thinking. I did get a cached page and reference to the manual listed, but no joy logging on. I really want to study up before my 600 arrives!

Oh Tom---you should have got the 800!!!;)
pasttom said:
Sorry, wishful thinking. I did get a cached page and reference to the manual listed, but no joy logging on. I really want to study up before my 600 arrives!

Didn't they just announce a crackdown on counterfeiters ( maybe they ruffled the wrong feathers). It seems strange their Facebook account wouldn't have giving a simple explanation like hardware failure, website maintenance, ISP issue by now..

GKMan said:
Didn't they just announce a crackdown on counterfeiters ( maybe they ruffled the wrong feathers). It seems strange their Facebook account wouldn't have giving a simple explanation like hardware failure, website maintenance, ISP issue by now..

How would that affect their website ?

Just tried again , still down .

Nuke em said:
GKMan said:

How would that affect their website ?

Just tried again , still down .

DOS attack, hacked.. It is highly unusual for big companies site to go offline for this length of time.
Not that Minelab would be what I consider a great target for hackers, but if you announce you are going after the people making lots of money on counterfit detectors, it would become a target.
In all likelihood it something more mundane, this was just a thought.

The 'counterfeit' thing is historical: they shut down some Chinese outfit knocking off fake GPX'

"Well, midnight has come and gone and nothing, there's always midnight tonite!!! LoL....

Anyone hear about a sinkhole in Adelaide????"

GKMan said:

Yeah, the total silence is whats weird about this. A website going down isn't unusual, but to be down for days and nothing is said about it on their FB or Twitter accounts is VERY unusual. Big companies are typical all over things like this within hours making posts saying "Hey, we know that there is a problem, we are working to fix it, sorry for any inconvenience."

I get the silence about new detector release (to a point), but this silence seems strange and almost planned. Personal gut feeling there.

This is on purpose to hide info about release , i bet they are updating the site so they have everything on there .
Whats the betting they are in the shops and being released sometime this week ?

Maybe the other Metal Detecting Companies got together and hacked them because of the NOX making all other detectors worthless.

My guess is one of two things.
1. Hardware or software failure and a real bad job of communicating what is going on the weekend before Christmas.

2. The site was hacked. They are assessing the situation trying to figure out what information was stolen. Making sure the servers are all secure before bringing it back online and having a statement about what may have been compromised. If I recall all of the exchange data is stored locally so that probably wouldn't be an issue and probably an entirely different system anyhow.

greenmeanie said:
Maybe the other Metal Detecting Companies got together and hacked them because of the NOX making all other detectors worthless.

That could be true LOL