Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab's website is down...

greenmeanie said:
Maybe the other Metal Detecting Companies got together and hacked them because of the NOX making all other detectors worthless.

Not worthless, just obsolete! LOL

Nuke em said:
This is on purpose to hide info about release , i bet they are updating the site so they have everything on there .
Whats the betting they are in the shops and being released sometime this week ?

Most enterprise level (and for that matter small business) websites have both a staging server and a live server. Then the web team can do all of the updating on the staging server and test it to insure everything is right. After they are ready to go live they sync the live server to the staging server and all of the updates are done in a few seconds. This way you never take your live site offline as it continues to server the old version of the site until it is synced with the staging server.

greenmeanie said:
Maybe the other Metal Detecting Companies got together and hacked them because of the NOX making all other detectors worthless.

[size=medium]Y'all send me your worthless detectors. I'll pay shipping.[/size]

Sigh...

World record speculation generator. We don't know but have a great time bouncing theories. No harm done I guess. A great advertising program for the 'nox for sure!

Del, I hope you are wrong but I am making a risky choice. If I am wrong, well then I will have a back up and get the end all of detection sticks when the stamped has quieted down.

pasttom said:
Sigh...

World record speculation generator. We don't know but have a great time bouncing theories. No harm done I guess. A great advertising program for the 'nox for sure!

Del, I hope you are wrong but I am making a risky choice. If I am wrong, well then I will have a back up and get the end all of detection sticks when the stamped has quieted down.

Going by what i have read i dont think you have made a wrong move , the Equinox will rock .

LOL the server is down. Not just the site, but the server. I really doubt they would take the server down to update the site when they could just redirect to a 404 page. Especially when they can't update a site with the server down.

Possible. not likely.

Southwind said:
LOL the server is down. Not just the site, but the server. I really doubt they would take the server down to update the site when they could just redirect to a 404 page.

What would that mean ?

Well to update the Mibelab site would require that the server be on which means you could ping the IP just no web server/services running. They could go through great measures to put the live server on a different VLAN for updating and to hide it from the public, but they could very easily just redirect the site URL/IP to a dead page for a 404 error like the server is dead. But you would still be able to ping the IP. The IP is also dead which means the server is off. You can't update the site pages on a server that isn't on.

More likely just technical difficulties.

More drama and free publicity....lol

Whatever their motivation, I have to believe this is
being done intentionally. Maybe they are trying to
get everyone's attention for the anticipated announcement.
If that's their intent, I believe it's working.

sgoss66 said:
Interesting that the Minelab website is down, and has been for several hours.

Intriguing...

I won't speculate, though I'd like to... :)

Steve

[size=medium]I heard they were trying to use simultaneous multi-frequencies and overloaded the server processors. I know that rumor is true because I started it.. [/size]

i wonder how well the software is written in the Nox if the website can't even be live. Too much mystery not enough substance. I'm sure the Nox is an excellent machine and the only videos of its use in the field is in German or Russian but no UK or US testing in the field. Maybe i'm impatient but this has too much drama for me and with the ground frozen all around me it's time to revisit this in the spring.

prairieboy said:
i wonder how well the software is written in the Nox if the website can't even be live. Too much mystery not enough substance. I'm sure the Nox is an excellent machine and the only videos of its use in the field is in German or Russian but no UK or US testing in the field. Maybe i'm impatient but this has too much drama for me and with the ground frozen all around me it's time to revisit this in the spring.

One of the reasons I wrote "The great Equinox conspiracy."

Someone told me there is an announcement in the next week , i dont have details of when . Could be tomorrow :D

prairieboy said:
website is now up, no changes

Well ain't that typical LOL

Probey said:
What do we do now?

Wait i think. But it wont be long.

There is at least one change......there’s no EQ 600! If you go to the site map, all references to the 600 are gone and from the main page if you click on the 600, it says it’s a 404 error? Interesting.

Thats interesting .