Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 1st ring!! WOW!!

spywiz

Well, I went out for a while today. I decided to go back to the old school yard that has produced silver mercs. When I got there I decided to check out a different area for a bit, and then I would get to the known productive area. Well, that didn't work out. I started finding a lot of old trash, so I stayed with it. I found a few Rosey dimes and a few Lincolns. I wandered around to the ball field and was about to leave. I got a good signal about 8-10 ft. behind the home plate area. The etrac was showing 12-40 at 8-10 inches deep. I dug a pretty good sized hole in the sandy dirt of the infield. I checked the tailings and it was still in the hole. I went to all metal and pinpointed. I was a little off. I checked the hole with my Pro-Pointer and got a signal almost at the bottom of the hole but on the left side. I used the Lesche to dig out the side. As I scraped the dirt away, I could see silver. I thought it was a pull tab. I looked closer and saw that it was a ring. A BIG ring!!
I took a couple of pics and pulled it out. I could see that the ring had 925 in the band with a huge stone. My mind was racing. No way!! Upon closer inspection, I could see some pitting in the ring and the huge stone appeared to be cubic zarconia. I took it home and cleaned it up a bit. The stone fell out as I was cleaning it. I used a magnifying glass to check the writing in the band. It does say 925 but the silver seems to be pitted and peeling off a little. The weather was great today at about 73 degrees and lots of sunshine. I had a great time and a little excitement. In my book, another GREAT day with the E-trac.

HH
Bobby

Very nice Ring !

Nice hunt! I found a similar type ring once....it could very well come from mexico as they put alot of stones in 925....or at least lets hope they do. Nice find in any case!

I'll bet the ole heart was about to pop out on that one....lol! Great hunt and thanks for sharing it. HH-CC

SWEEEET!
Keep digging that low tone junk and your bound to find some gold too!
Congrats!:thumbup:

Congratulations on a great find. Something about finding a ring that makes you want to hunt even harder. Now you have broken the ICE! HH :minelab: