Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first gold coin in

:clapping:Hey Larry, Big congrats man. Nancy, I know your very proud of him too.:bouncy:.WTG. Now I,m crying in my beer.:thumbup:. Thanks to you both, I always enjoy your inputs.

floridason :usaa:retired. :whites:MXT, DX-1, Bullseye,4 coils. HH ALL

Heavens, don't cry in your beer, that makes it to too salty....:thumbdown: Bad joke, Boooooooo

I hope this gives everyone the incentive and hope that there might be gold to be found just about everywhere. We DO have to get into the habit of digging in the "gold range" to find it though.

Thanks for reading my post Floridason and I'm glad you enjoy our "bantering".

Thanks Steve.let's go hunting......:thumbup:

We love nickel playgrounds too Monte. Lots of interesting finds in that 0-60 range. On Aundrea's find, that is just the way it hit me too on the strange colored foreign coin, until that dimly lit lighbulb above my head sudenly lit up. :yikes: Oh Yea.

As a matter of fact, that is a pretty "upscale" school in a town that is known for above average income. A few years ago, Nancy found a beautiful child's Gold ring there at the other end of the same swing set.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Yazoo.......it sure is.......:thumbup:

Remember that post on the DFX forum last year about me finding more gold this year? .........:beers:.....Funny how things work out.

Congratulations Larry, i know you have to be on cloud 9. Who would have ever expected a old gold coin at that location.

I sure didn't Deno, that is what I love about this hobby...........the very next beep could be "your buried treasure" of a lifetime. Diamond ring, gold coin, rare coin, you just newer know.

A possibility, for that nice coin showing up there,is the person who lost it didn't know it was a gold coin to begin with. There are so many golden colored coins made and people don't expect to have real gold be in an assorted "accumulation" (versus collection). Seen some crazy stuff be pulled out of peoples pockets and personal "junk boxes". In the recent past while I've seen... a 1916 SLQ in Almost Uncirculated pulled from someones foreign mess. (They had no clue and were almost sick with shock!) A 1652 Pine Tree Shilling ( EF 45) unknowingly inlayed in a decorative box and pried out with a pocket knife! (Thankfully no damage.) Then a few years back I seen a proof 1839 large cent show up in a whatnot box. Add a kid, or just plain old Coinstar, and this kind of stuff can "hit the streets" (or tot lots) again!

What a nice find Larry.

n/t

That is what I love about our hobby,you just never know.Schools are a great place for unusual stuff.I found a old rare Klu Klux Klan coin at a school a few years ago.
Keep your Vision humming,Ray.

Thanks Johnny

That could be a good possibility...:shrug:

I bet that was a thrill. See you need to listen to your better half more often. I've been fortunate enough to find three gold coins through the years hunting old lumber mill ghost towns and logging camps. Congrats!

Thanks Mike.

Congrats on the nice gold find.
The Vision may be the magic wand to more gold coins.
Seeing its French ,mes felicitation !!!

Thanks Joel, It should help on the gold coin finds, but I think gold finds in general will take a big jump with the Vision.