Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first half dimes

Delta Digger

I finally got permission to hunt an old area. Back in the 1800s. There was once a hotel saloon three stores and a black Smith's shop. But now it's all pasture land and stubble. I had about two hours to hunt and a light drizzling rain. I made the best of what I could with the time I had. I was about 35 mins into the hunt when i got a 12-36 thinking Indian head. What a surprise at the eight inch mark. Retrieved a 1853 half dime woo hoo. I sat there about 10 mins staring at it. Well about an hour later I get a jumpy 12-36 12-41. Thinking maybe another half or

Awesome finds DD!!! I am so looking forward to the day when i get my first one. I think they are a cool coin.

That is an outstanding find, congratulations and hope you find a lot more at that spot.

Wow, two half dimes in one trip! That is awesome. Probably fell out of a hole in the same pocket....... I am still hoping for my first but probably not going to happen this year....
Happy Hunting!

That's the best way to end up with a dime that I can think of - Nice, nice job!

Jim D said:
Congrats!:thumbup: on finding 2 half dimes!:drool: How deep was the 2nd one?
Jim the second one was around six inches deep. I just now noticed my post and it was cut short. Been having connectivity issues with my cell phone. Will edit it sometimes tonight. I am itching to get out of work to go detecting lol. Think I will leave here in a few mins.

Wow ... two Half Dime's on one hunt - a big congrats !

Funny - I had the exact same thing happen to me last year - I was hunting around an old cellar hole and I got a nice signal - I was hoping for a Indian Cent - out pops a 1857 Half Dime ! :yikes:

Just got back in about an hour ago with the bootay. I spent the last part of five hours hunting this spot and so many signals. But you all know something I glad that I took off work early. My boss is pretty cool and he knows that I love to metal detect. This area is about six acres by the looks of it and pretty grassy with stubble. It was sprinkling some but I wrapped my ET up the best I could and got on with it. About 10 mins into the hunt I get a 11-47 -45 Jumpy signal at 6 inches . Out pops this walker then later on another walker then another:drinking: yes I was lol. Then I had to go take a wizz as i laid my ET down I got a high tone beep.:shrug: . The signal was 12-12 -13 12-45 at 5 inches. Dug down and a freaking beer can that was shredded . Waved my coil back over and got that boing boing 12-13 nickle sound and pulled out a buff. Well after a few :drinking: I started wandering all over the place lol. Don't ever ever drink beer and detect :yo: Dug a indian head penny a few seated coins and my best is this big old silver barber dollar:yo: I need to put leds lights on my coil so I can night hunt. My wife held the flashlight while I detected all-some wife and a hell of a detector. H.H.

Oh I just want to say a shout out goes to Bill for his trashy park program. Thanks man I wish you were here and a few more of you would of had a blast.

AMAZING!!!!!!!

Let me get this clear

1 Morgan Dollar

7 Walking Half's

2 seated dimes

2 half dimes

2 Buffalo Nickels

All the above in two hunts?

You found the "IT" Place

Congratulations

IT does not get any better than that!

Wow! I'd camp out there! Congratulations on the finds and thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

WOW! :yikes: is all I can say. Great finds and you have a lot more area to detect. Need a hunting partner? I'll bring the beer. :lol:

Here is a buff from the same area. This one did not clean up a we'll. I used hydrogen peroxide and SOS pad. Not a key date coin so was not worried about messing it up.

Fantastic hunts DD and sweet finds...... What a spot, I'm still looking for mine.

Thanks for great pic's,

Moose