Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Quest for CTX Gold

Dr.Deus

Ive been putting in more time this season trying to find gold jewelry.I am hunting a tot lot and the school yard. Here is a picture of some of the signals that Ive been digging. Most if not all of these signals hit solid with numbers in the low conductor range, i.e 12-01 through 12-27. The screen lit up with very little red spatter around the target cursor. The target cursor looked like how a coin looks when it fills in with red indicating a good target. Even when i turned 90 degrees the majority of these signals held solid with solid numbers and sounded pretty decent. Can some of the more seasoned jewelry pros take a look at this ugly picture and tell me if these are the types of targets you would normally dig when looking for jewelry? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Just so i know i am not wasting my time and I'm on the right track.. Thanks HH

You are doing everything right Brandon........ one of these days.........:thumbup: I usually don't dig below 12-10 even though there are some very small rings, chains and platinum in that area. I have found over the years the returns for the effort just does not pay off for me. Keep in mind too that medium to large gold rings can be anywhere from 12-28 to 12-55 too. It just boils down to how much digging you want to do to get that golden reward.

Sorry, I didn't either :biggrin: supposed to be 12-35. Thanks for catching my finger fudge. I had found a 1947 massive men's class ring years ago and when I tested it's reading on the CTX it came in at 12-35. Goes to show gold can come in just about anywhere depending on mass and purity.

Like Larry I skip the 12 3 12 4 12 8 no matter how good it looks cause 99.9 percent of the time it is just trash. I have hit gold twice with the CTX diggin the trash numbers a large gold earring 14kt hit at 12 21 I had a nice engagement ring with almost 1/2 karat ice hit 12 28 both were on land at school yards. So you are doing what you need too my friend it depends on the location the time I have as too how many I chase lol

IMO, you're on the right track. The picture looks like my pouch, after hunting a school ground. Metal is metal, and each piece has a distinctive composition that gets analyzed by the detector and placed on the grid. Unfortunately, some crap resembles small gold jewelry, based on the electronic "fingerprint". HH Randy

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,1740175,1740175#msg-1740175

Here in Australia 12/6 12/7 is usually a 5 cent piece depending on how deep and if its on edge and same for a ten cent piece 12/14 12/15 but I still dig a lot of them just to be sure especially the 12/14 12/15. ones

Over the last couple of months I have found using the 17 inch coil on the beach low tide a Platinum ring 11/11 first photo, a small 9k Gold ring 12/3 second photo, and a White Gold 18k ring 12/2 last photo.
So I think it's great a lot of you guy's aren't digging the low numbers more for us folks that do. thank you.:laugh::rolleyes:

Yep, I too have been searching for more gold this year.
I dig a lot of trash, but i limit my hunting time to some areas more than others.
all of the tot play areas i totally clean out,that way when i go back i know something was dropped since i was last there.
In front of swing sets i dig a lot, around merry go rounds,soccer fields,baseball fields.
I do not just take off across a park and dig every signal,too much trash in most.
And i can not believe how many of those #2 pencil eraser tops there are!
Anyway, I try to concentrate on high use areas.

LabradorBob

LOL Bob its funny you say that. I pretty much cleaned out most of the clad in the school yard for the last 2 years so when i run my coil over something shallow and the detector gives off that double beep i know its new.