Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new ctx

johno

just got home with my brand new ctx and am waiting for my battery to charge,,, im cant wait to get out in the backyard before dark . is there any thing special that has to be done or can i just pop charged battery in and pick a program and hunt. ????? cant wait.....to give it a try :detecting:

Good luck with your new machine. I know that your going to love it. I was so excited to git mine that I put batteries in the extra holder and tried mine out even before the rechargeable battery was ready. Enjoy!

congrats, your going to love it. I am finding more silver then ever before!!!

Well how did you like it and what did you find. Something that I did when I got my 3030 was I went to one of are older school that has the old ball and foot ball fields and I hunt clad to learn the sounds and number and with all the clad I got , I got a Indian. GL HH :twodetecting::minelab::cheers:

well not much to report,,,, coming over from v3i and whites to minelab.. and the new numbers etc. its goin take some getting used to. so far all i got to report is ,i did download a program from the classroom..i think its from gonehuntings combined,, ferrous coin autosens at +2 response normal recovery fast off and recovery deep on , pinpoint normal. its seems light and easy to swing, and it was seeing alot in the 8-10 inch range.. but i didnt have time yet to sit and dig alot... found pull tabs and some junk. played with the buttons before i had to go.i guess ill have to find a chart of numbers for clad etc. and study it. i did dig a 35 /48 solid target it was a large piece of iron 8 inches. pinpoint was right on. im also not used to deep targets being softer . i always had modulation off on v3i so it all sounded same depth. its definitely a different animal. and will take some time. i like the clock on the screen . i can remember when i started on the v3i . i was ready to heave it. and ive found alot with it. hopefully ill get out some more tonight. after ive gone over the manual. i wish it was a book and not on puter. i think it will be an awesome machine was i get it figured out. all those numbers are driving me nuts.HH

If you raise your Volume GAIN to max 30 all targets deep and shallow sound just about as loud.

That low of a FERROUS number should tell ya it's iron. Most coins probably won't get lower than 17-20 FERROUS unless they are extremely corroded.

Get some coins lay them on the ground and swing over them and memorize the sounds and the CONDUCTIVE numbers and you'll be in the ballpark and go from there to get started.

I don't pay too much attention to the Ferrous number just the Conductive number unless the Ferrous number is extremely low like 20 -35 then it's probably going to be iron or junk and I make a mental decision to dig or not.

I like SIZING for my PINPOINTING so I can size up the target while holding the button and it don't automatically shrink it on every sweep like NORMAL Pinpointing does. Helps to realize target size when it's a bigger object so you can trace it's size outline and know it's not a coin.

By resqueezing the Pinpoint button while sweeping in the Sizing mode of Pinpoint I can shrink the target signal down myself.

also somewhere here is a chart of all coins i believe Digger and Gonehunting put it together I am almost sure Digger posted it. May be in the classroom now.

Johno here is how I got everything setup. these or setting From Gohunting and Larry and a trash program dont remenber his name. Screen 1 is pretty much open and screen 2 is a trash setting . And the other pictures is how I got my sound and number setup.
Pic 1 - set 1 thur 15 with sound 700 ( nickel)
Pic 2 - 16 thur 32 with sound 500 ( gold )
Pic 3 - 33 thur 36 with sound 1100 ( Indian )
Pic 4 - 37 thur 50 with sound 950 ( Wheat and Silver )

Hope all this will help you I have had really good luck running with these setting GL and HH

thanks TIM CLARK for the time of putting on the boards . thats great info and itll save me some aggravation for sure. awesome forum and awesome guys. thanks again..HH

There is some other good info on the CTX Classroom forum, as well as here. This TID chart for coins is one of the things there. Good Luck with the new CTX.....HH

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,1731336

went out for 3rd time this morning with objective to find something in the patch ive been pounding with another highend machine in hope of digging something out of the iron. i had pounded it hard and found alot and was beginning to come up empty. i m starting to get the hang of the number but by far have a long way to go. i got a 12/41 1 way then high ferrous numbers . on the screen i would see a reticle show and go and in bottom right i seen an iron reticle.. so i 90 degree it and 12/41 would show some more along with other numbers. but i noticed the reticle was in same spot and more stable. i pinpointed and it showed 12/41 7 inches . now being a noob this could be confusing to us unexperienced minelab guys thinking not really a solid signal. but after some tutoring etc. i figured it was the iron masking that everyone talked about this machine seeing thru. so i dug the target and sure enouh it was 1958 wheaty.. i thought this was pretty cool.. but was it a fluke. so i continued on same thing again only it said 8 inches so i dug and it was a 1952d. now this is better i thought. im definitely making progress. well i went for 1 more signal to make sure and i a12/ 40 jumpy signal good pp and dug a 1944. so i was real happy..im puting this here to help any new guys like myself . thanks to all who have helped . im starting to feel a little better bout the ctx. HH

I don't have this machine yet but hopefully I will in a few days; anyway I'm wondering if you were using a default out-of-the box turn-on-n-go program or some other program?

By the way, congrats on your finds.
Thanks. Don.....

this morning i used gone huntings program from this link,, http://gonehunting.mymdforum.com/2012/06/11/ctx3030-my-settings/ , thanks to gone hunting for the help and program yesterday i tried tim clarks that he has on here and found clad but didnt have a lot of time to use it. but it worked very well also

When I got mine, I used the stock coins program and did very well with it. Once I got used to the CTX, I then started to make adjustments to my liking. I would suggest taking your time with making changes and get used to the new detector first, especially if this is your first Minelab.

Larry (IL) said:
I would suggest taking your time with making changes and get used to the new detector first, especially if this is your first Minelab.

Larry I am not new to Minelab, I've had a Safari and I now swing a SE Pro; still I think I will go slow with it when it arrives. I was just curious as to what John did on this third day out and was successful.
Don.....