Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Minelab

Frank in NH said:
What happened to your waterproof Explorer?

Sold both of them. Explorer is not really good in knee to chest deep salt water, just a wave passing over the coil will cause it to false. So I have been using my Excal for that but the Excal damn its heavy and I'm too old to deal with it anymore. Recent spine surgery, replaced hip, its time to give up these heavy detectors.

One thing not mentioned that totally one ups XP Deus is they claim you can charge on the fly with a standard cell phone external battery and usb cable. Man, it would be nice if that turns out to be accurate!!!

Interesting thing those crown caps, they vary so much it is hard to get a good read on them.

Something to think about though, we all want separation etc, so even if a detector can correctly ID the high alloy steel of the cap, what about the aluminum disc in the center?
I've dug these aluminum seals where the steel cap is completely rusted away.

I was thrown off a bit at first with the beercap thing and the Deus, for whatever reason it is not much of a problem now. Unless you want to dig Canadian clad which is 99.9% nickle or steel with the newer ones. A lot of times it's hard to tell the difference between a nickle coin and a beer cap. You can wiggle off, a nickle coin should have a low conductor zip at the end when a cap has more of the iron fart. The caps high tone when the coil is centered over it. Sometimes nickle is to close and being magnetic will fart. Nickle on edge can fart too.
Canadian steel coins are "sparky" sputzy high tone mixed with iron grunt that doesn't necessarily high tone over the center like a beercap does, it varies per swing and difficult to X out.
This will get rid of 70% of the caps, maybe 80% on a good day. The odd deep folded cap and "belly up" caps are still going to chime in.
Certain caps like Corona caps sound really good for steel.

I haven't tried it, but a suspect a lower reactivity might help with belly up caps. At some point a fast machine would pick out that aluminum disc I assume? I really don't know, just speculating based off some observations.

With time it gets better, if it's shallow and farting, it's probably a cap.

pasttom said:
One thing not mentioned that totally one ups XP Deus is they claim you can charge on the fly with a standard cell phone external battery and usb cable. Man, it would be nice if that turns out to be accurate!!!

There is a guy on eBay that sells an adapter you can stick on your Deus coil to do just that. Converts it to a USB.

I have no idea the quality of it, but I think it's water proof.

If I find the listing again I will post it, no affiliation.

EDIT here is the listing. XP Deus Search Coil Charge Clip NEW NEW NEW

enderman said:

So I'm not losing my mind, I dug one of these on my first Deus hunt and was going :blink: that was a first I ever dug one. Question, if you turn tone normalization off and reduce to say 8kHz do the crown caps drop down away from high conducting coins??

My Deus will always be number1# in my book I love it. I have all the minelabs you can think of and I wish them well and hope the new machine is everything they want it to be.

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
enderman said:

So I'm not losing my mind, I dug one of these on my first Deus hunt and was going :blink: that was a first I ever dug one. Question, if you turn tone normalization off and reduce to say 8kHz do the crown caps drop down away from high conducting coins??

Charles,
I have experimented using some pretty high quality metal cap.
You might consider doing the same experiement here to see your results.

A Deus user using all freqs, will notice disc set to lowest setting -6.4,, sweeping a suspect target,,,you'll likely detect sweeping side to side.
When you get a target suspect, sweep fore to aft using coil.
This lowest disc setting will sure s if out a capmvs doe thing with no iron in it.

You might consider setting up adjacent program using the minimum disc setting if you don't want to hunt using.
Then toggle for bottle cap check.

One note here,,,,it is possible if iron was near say a high conductive coin,this fore to aft coil movement,,the results gotten,,,Could lie to you.

Cheers hope this helps.

Am i right to assume that the HF coils still require the converter kit for max depth? While I'm happy with the CTX as my "go to" water machine for the moment, I'm keeping my options open just in case the NOX renders it obsolete as a preferred water machine. If this happens, at a third of the cost, I'd probably be too po'ed to enjoy it anyway!

I am not quite ready to jump on a Equinox just yet, Minelab does pretty good with their stuff, but I am sure Deus is watching also. I am a little hesitant about purchasing the HF coil I was leaning towards until I hear a bit more.

From what I'm seeing,the deus doesn't hold a candle to the new Minelab being released.If it is true,and it performs as good as the video Id never look back after getting one.The deus is a good machine,it excels in some areas,and falls on its face in other areas.From the video of the new Minelab,it seems to surpass the deus in all areas.Ive been a deus owner several times over since they're first release,but when the Minelab comes out it might change my arsenal to one machine.

What have you seen that makes you think the Minelab is better? Air test? Dig a hole and put a coin in it and not cover it, air test again ? Untill I can see the thing work in real hunts and find real targets in ground. I will keep my Deus.

No,definitely not a troll,and a deus owner probably longer than most on here.From what I've seen in the video do I need to really explain what's better than the deus ,if that machine performs like it does in the video?You guys can lie to yourselves,if it makes you feel better.And Architex,even your 3030 will be obsolete in a few months to a lesser priced more advanced machine.Call it what you want,balls or balls and strikes are strikes,Minelab has a homerun.
Funny how guys get prissy when a new machine gets released that could potentially trump one costing much more,or the top dog gets pushed to second best by a new release.Minelab used all that free money xp paid them for patent infringement,and isn't it funny how they not only mirror imaged the deus but put Minelabs top secret sauce in the mix with the real multi frequency effects,speed and iron separation like I've never seen,and I'm sure I've been at this longer than most on this thread.No guys,if that Minelab separates like it did in that video,kiss the 3030 and the deus goodbye,new sherrif in town.And why would Minelab cut its own throats of trumping the 3030 with a lesser costing machine? Once again,it was free money paid by good ole xp deus.lol

I'm not even bothering to spend the money to put new batteries in my remote or coil much less a $400 coil until I've run the NOX to see how it performs.
Chances are real that the Deus won't have a enough resale value to pay for the cost of the lithium in the batteries.:thumbdown:

Yes, you do need to explain what's better than the Deus. I'm anxious to know because I see precious little info anywhere, especially from anyone who isn't repping Minelab one way or another. BTW, I'm on the list to get the Eq.

Fron what limited video I have seen.

Equinox is game changer.
Them tests by iron down the barrel swing directions,,,,try that with Deus or CTX = No Go.

Not saying Equinox does everything better than all,,,but for the price,,look out.

I think there was a reason Minelab dropped the Equinox out of a plane at Detectival.
Not a toy detector, comes to mind.

Btw, I own 3 deus units, all the coils except the biggest LF coil.
I will give credit to any model detector it deserves as far as my experiences using and testing.
Time will tell after physical release to public, how good it does.
I think some will be surprised.
Even Deus users/owners, other Minelab model runners too.
But we should want all manufacturers to make better detectors.

Guess what?
Notice wireless headphones are getting more commonplace.
Who is responsible for this trend???
Give folks here one guess?

At the Detectival XP had a test bed, one of the demonstrations was a copper coin buried at 16" not an open hole.The Deus located this target.
The soil at the rally did not appear to be highly mineralised only 2 bars on the Deus meter.

White's V3i, had wireless 8 or 9 years ago.