Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New version NOX / Old version NOX

mike k.

Some are saying old versions of the Nox leak , and the new versions do not leak ?? How do you tell if your NOX is an old version , or a new version ?? - mike

Some are saying old versions of the Nox leak , and the new versions do not leak ?? How do you tell if your NOX is an old version , or a new version ?? - mike
The only thing I can think of is that they are referring to the New 700 and 900.
There never was an improved 600 or 800 as far as I know.

I believe from what I have seen on a YouTube video that demonstrated leakage in a container of water, occurred around the maglock charging port.
My EQ800 I noticed after seeing the YouTube Video looks to be a heftier and deeper recess around the maglock charging port.

IMHO

Minelab insiders are now admitting that the 700/900 are largely in existence to remedy leaking issues and poor quality of construction in the 600/800 models. Whether that will be the reality has yet to be shown as too few of either model has been tested in real life use. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
If I were a betting man, I would bet that the new 700 and 900 won't leak, break coil ears or have shaft wobble.😊

I believe from what I have seen on a YouTube video that demonstrated leakage in a container of water, occurred around the maglock charging port.
My EQ800 I noticed after seeing the YouTube Video looks to be a heftier and deeper recess around the maglock charging port.

IMHO
ditto --- same here with my EQ800 --- though I have not been in the surf or more than several feet from the shallow river shore with my machine - it rains plenty in Oregon and I can vouch for at least that much waterproof. :)

ditto --- same here with my EQ800 --- though I have not been in the surf or more than several feet from the shallow river shore with my machine - it rains plenty in Oregon and I can vouch for at least that much waterproof. :)
Maybe Minelab should have advertised the 600 and 800 as just been rainproof o_O. That would have saved them a fortune in having to give free replacement control units away. I hunted in heavy rain with
with 800 and no problems at all. My guess is that the 600 's and 800's were never put down to maximum rated water depth and held there for a day or 2 and tested thoroughly for leaks.
Lets hope they have took the new replacements 600/ 800/ manticore down to 16 feet and left them there a day or two to make sure they don't leak. Is it that hard to find 16 feet of water to test the machines.

Last edited:
Of the four my frequent detecting buddy and I had/have , 2 developed issues with bad screens and failed buttons without ever seeing water, literally , we live in the desert.
Face it , the NOXs are just poorly built.

Of the four my frequent detecting buddy and I had/have , 2 developed issues with bad screens and failed buttons without ever seeing water, literally , we live in the desert.
My 800 had a fault with headphone pairing , they don't repair them they just bin them and give a replacement control unit , They replaced my control unit , throwaway £1000 detectors!.
That"s why i sold mine after 8 months use , i had a feeling it was going to fail in some way. First i heard of button failure though. Weak buttons too.

Not true with the 700 and 900, looks like they are built like tanks

IMHO
Does anyone here remember 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive? It is the most evil goop you can ever try to get off you, but it will waterproof ANYTHING! i used it on motorcycle gaskets till I found out taking them back apart later was a near impossibility. If you think you know the places it leaks, try it out: it will be on the surface only.

Attachments

• 41SpY8fQQEL._AC_SY580_.jpg
    41SpY8fQQEL._AC_SY580_.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 62
yes, 3 people i know have had warranty replacement control units, one has had 6 during the warranty period for water leaks !
Wow.
What bad luck.
At some point in the near future, I would not be surprised to see leaking 800's that are still under warranty, getting replaced with a brand new Equinox 900.
Or credit toward the new Manticore!