Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Malcontent Towards Equinox or Minleab Intended

Trashfinder

First off let me start by saying i currently own a Safari, Etrac, and CTX so i am a Minelab Guy. I really do have 2 Equinox 800's on preorder. Most of the major Dealers know me by name and i talk to some on the phone and one is a facebook friend of mine. I probably spent over 10,000 dollars last year on machines as i am a tester. I do not test for anyone but myself and i am in no way compensated by any Company.

My first post "Equinox a Hoax?" was indeed intended as humor. Humor because obviously it is real but since it hadn't shown itself in a lengthy amount of time. I did not realize so many were so tense and uptight at the time or i would have never posted it. Forums are to have fun and it seemed a good way to pass time while waiting. On one forum a peep posted a link to the twilight zone for the Equinox, i thought and others that it was funny. It was not meant to be serious. I am trying to explain that we all have different concepts of humor.

That being said ,,, anyone i offended in any way i am truly sorry it was not my original intent to do so. But i also believe in any worthwhile forum a poster should be able to express an opinion. My only serious opinion was that i do believe to an extent that it was unfair to the loyal Minelab guys (LIKE ME) to not give some kind of time line on release. I have many other brands and other machines and i have seen some that i would like to try and some good used deals i have passed up, because i have 1600 dollars tied up in the Equinoxs. I do not know all you others peoples stories but i assume some could be similar to mine.

I hope i have explained myself as clearly as possible,,, i am not a troll and i am not a hater i love MINELAB machines. But i do like to have fun. Since it will be sometime before we can actually get hands on experiences and share those with others, i suggest everyone lighten up DILLY DILLY!

And Merry XMAS to all of you!

Trashfinder --

I think your post was taken as it was by some because the large number of trolls, on ALL forums, which have posting about the Equinox in a manner that at first glance is very similar to your post (BUT not intended as a joke but instead to inflame). As a result, folks I think assumed that you were "another one of THOSE posters," and so, with some folks' patience worn quite thin by numerous, prior trolls, it was assumed that your post was another attempt at "trolling" and was treated as such. In other words, what would likely have been taken more light-heartedly at another time, was pounced on right now thanks to prior trolls stirring the pot.

You obviously meant no offense; Merry Christmas to you also!

Steve

Trashfinder said:
I hope i have explained myself as clearly as possible,,, i am not a troll and i am not a hater i love MINELAB machines. But i do like to have fun. Since it will be sometime before we can actually get hands on experiences and share those with others, i suggest everyone lighten up DILLY DILLY!

As one who took umbrage with your post, I accept your explanation and will forget it happened and go forward with a clean slate. I hope you can do the same.

Good post Trashfinder!

In reality who cares what people think. I found the posts entertaining and would follow them and have a good chuckle. I want an equinox and when they become available buy one for sure. Of course this machine rattled a lot of cages it checks off a lot of boxes for people, price, capability, new technology and a company that actually listened to it's customers in what they wanted in a metal detector. This machine in it's price range and capabilities raised the bar in what people want in a machine and is going to cause some companies take notice and lower their prices or actually spend money and actually do research and development into better products. I see it as a win win for the MD community. Just think what Minelab will develop in a couple of years from now with this technology. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and great new year.

People from all walks of life are brand-loyal, whether we are talking about cars, boats, televisions, sports teams, or metal detectors.

My dad staunchly refused to even consider the purchase of a foreign automobile; thus he was severely disappointed when he bought his first new car--American made, his favorite brand, and it turned out to be a total piece of junk.

People also get worked up by brand loyalty, some to a degree that probably isn't healthy. You've seen proof of that right here on this forum, and others as well.

But the proof of brand loyalty has also been displayed on this forum by the sheer numbers of people who are already on waiting lists for this detector. That's not a bad thing, it's a testament to the past overall performance and quality of the machine.

Hopefully, the wait will be over around the first of February, and I am confident that by that time, Minelab will have had plenty of time to address all of the questions and concerns voiced by various detectorists on this forum.

Now, all we have to do is be patient, and wait. :thumbup:

In a post on another forum, all I asked was for people to have an open mind. I was attacked by what i can only describe as blind hatred. I did nothing that would cause so much anger except ask some questions. I didn't get answers i got straight fire.

Let me address your joke post about the Equinox being a hoax. When I first read it i took it serious and I was like, "this guy is nuts and he is going to get BBQ'ed" I read it, and moved on. Didn't need to post on it because it was a post. I didn't take it personally. I checked a few hours later and read some of the responses, such cruelness no one deserved. I felt bad for you. i really did. I was going to jump in but I thought that might be worst for you so I just moved on. I don't accept your apology because you don't need to give one to me. I'm sorry for what happened to you.

I was a little bored and posted a rather silly but harmless poke in the ribs about NOX.....started a 2 day bashing and insults.

I am glad to be a detectorists.
I am glad to be free.
Wish I was a dog,
and Nox was a tree.

Man got left out to hang and dry for such a mundane harmless post.

oj/bc4me

Trashfinder said:
First off let me start by saying i currently own a Safari, Etrac, and CTX so i am a Minelab Guy. I really do have 2 Equinox 800's on preorder. Most of the major Dealers know me by name and i talk to some on the phone and one is a facebook friend of mine. I probably spent over 10,000 dollars last year on machines as i am a tester. I do not test for anyone but myself and i am in no way compensated by any Company.

My first post "Equinox a Hoax?" was indeed intended as humor. Humor because obviously it is real but since it hadn't shown itself in a lengthy amount of time. I did not realize so many were so tense and uptight at the time or i would have never posted it. Forums are to have fun and it seemed a good way to pass time while waiting. On one forum a peep posted a link to the twilight zone for the Equinox, i thought and others that it was funny. It was not meant to be serious. I am trying to explain that we all have different concepts of humor.

That being said ,,, anyone i offended in any way i am truly sorry it was not my original intent to do so. But i also believe in any worthwhile forum a poster should be able to express an opinion. My only serious opinion was that i do believe to an extent that it was unfair to the loyal Minelab guys (LIKE ME) to not give some kind of time line on release. I have many other brands and other machines and i have seen some that i would like to try and some good used deals i have passed up, because i have 1600 dollars tied up in the Equinoxs. I do not know all you others peoples stories but i assume some could be similar to mine.

Crap ! Does this mean I have to send back the Equinox 800 and accessories that I didn't really receive? :sadwalk:

Rich (Utah)

Misconstrued humor is a rather presidential risk. I do quite a bit with tongue in cheek in the hope of bringing a smile or maybe lifting a load. A smile is the most affordable luxury in life. Posting is very easily misunderstood since there is no visual cues and the majority of communication is visual. :blowup::clapping: :punch::shrug:

Great thread started by Trashfinder. Reading numerous posts on this Nox forum, especially by those whose panties are ruffled (those taking this hype too intensly and seriously) it's nice to see some good fun poked at the prerelease. It's easy to get caught up and obsess too much over the prerelease teasers. Folks threw down on the promo info, committing, preordering and that adds an element of emotion to many posts here. I hope it turns out be better than anticipated but Minelab isn't going to obsolete other detectors in their lineup with this. Creating a product to compete in the all terrain niche is evident. It may do a number of things well, I want to see what it excels at. Already we know it should separate way better, especially in iron than other current ML's. I have my parameters to apply to know if it's performance meets my needs. Anyway it is likely (I hope) we wil know a little, maybe tiny bit more after the Minelab Dealers Conference in 3 weeks.

You certainly didn't upset me with your tongue-in-cheek diatribe Trashfinder. Ironic sarcasm is the highest form of humor in my book. And since you admitted to ordering 2 of the machines, keep me in mind if you want to divest yourself of one of them.:crazy:

Jason in Enid said:
Trashfinder said:

As one who took umbrage with your post, I accept your explanation and will forget it happened and go forward with a clean slate. I hope you can do the same.

Jason to you and tyberoz i am sorry i am glad you are ok with me and i hope he can be too. Thanks.

:puke:Excuse me if butting in....you post a joke...get flack..get insults....now you apologize to those who had no humor?

unbelievable

Ya just want everything to run smooth, i can see if you did not know me it could be taken that i was just a trouble maker of some kind. They are very passionate about minelab and equinox and and just jumped into defensive mode , lots of tension over the long wait to release of the machine. Sometimes what is obvious to one or some is not to others and that is the reason i am saying i am sorry i did not mean to be taken seriously and i was.

DigImust said:
You certainly didn't upset me with your tongue-in-cheek diatribe Trashfinder. Ironic sarcasm is the highest form of humor in my book. And since you admitted to ordering 2 of the machines, keep me in mind if you want to divest yourself of one of them.:crazy:

If it turns out to be all they said it was i will be keeping them both, i am a detector hog! I have 2 of several machines. Another 2nd machine is in the mail right now.

Trashfinder said:
Ya just want everything to run smooth, i can see if you did not know me it could be taken that i was just a trouble maker of some kind. They are very passionate about minelab and equinox and and just jumped into defensive mode , lots of tension over the long wait to release of the machine. Sometimes what is obvious to one or some is not to others and that is the reason i am saying i am sorry i did not mean to be taken seriously and i was.

wouldn't worry about it too much if ya not pi$$ing someone off doing something wrong :biggrin:

its meant to be a discussion if we all agreed then there would be no discussion :bouncy:

being offended that's my choice to what others say, but I am not a wall flower :angel:

AJ

:puke:Excuse me if butting in....you post a joke...get flack..get insults....now you apologize to those who had no humor?

unbelievable

I think I will get some popcorn started!