Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No wall adapter included....

So long as we're all beating this subject to death, I'm seeking confirmation of what
I believe is correct. A 2.1 amp, 5 volt USB charger is the same as a 2.1 amp, 10 watt
USB charger. A 2.1 amp, 5 volt USB 2-port charger will give 2.1amp, 5 volt output
but if you charge a device in the 2nd port at the same time, the amperage of the port
charging your Equinox will drop , possibly to 1 amp, and will lengthen the charge time
on the equinox. So, keep this in mind if you use the more common 2-port charger.

Yeah, like the 100s of beoken iphone canles.

relicmeister said:
So long as we're all beating this subject to death, I'm seeking confirmation of what
I believe is correct. A 2.1 amp, 5 volt USB charger is the same as a 2.1 amp, 10 watt
USB charger. A 2.1 amp, 5 volt USB 2-port charger will give 2.1amp, 5 volt output
but if you charge a device in the 2nd port at the same time, the amperage of the port
charging your Equinox will drop , possibly to 1 amp, and will lengthen the charge time
on the equinox. So, keep this in mind if you use the more common 2-port charger.

DC Voltage "E"
DC current in amps "I"
DC power in watts "P"
P=IxE 2x5= 10 watts. Voltage will stay the same but current will be different to multiple units charging at once.

Only reason not to use a bigger one is if something goes wrong it can supply more current & things may be damaged
or it may brew up.
An el cheapo low current one will charge slower & possibly over heat trying to supply more current.
Best to follow ML advice. After all, you just spent $900. Whats another $20 ? Less than the state sales tax & N.H. dont have one !!
How many are ordering from N.H. or another tax free state to save abt $50 ???

A wall charger in the box would be nice but they went with it as an accessory. If you buy a TV there is little profit & low commission.
If you buy a stand or extended warranty they are high profit. The salesman will make more % than on the TV.
Same with cars. I bough a Caravan last year. They went from 19K to 30K. They want to sell the 30K ones since there is more
margin. I got a 22K one. They all have the same drive line. But I dont have a lot of hi-tech crap just waiting to die out of warranty !

enuf fer now
Tom
LFOD !

dbado1 said:
I hope they include a bologna sandwich for when I get hungry out in the field :spin:

Dean

Or better yet, how about a card for free bologna sandwich since no one I know likes old bologna on stale bread. :blowup:

Rick(ND) said:
Tony,

I think this charger will be OK as it is a 2 amp charger and think a 1 amp would overheat, not sure on a 1.5 amp charger as I believe Minelab recommends a 2 amp charger from what I see.

Rick

[size=large]Thanks dear friend on your reply.
I ordered two 2 amp chargers. I'd think a 2 amp would charge much faster
than a 1 amp but I guess some 1 amp chargers are cheaper and may not
have a built in stop charging thingy. What's your take on that.
[/size]

Tony N (Michigan) said:
I hope they include a bologna sandwich for when I get hungry out in the field :spin:

Dean

Or better yet, how about a card for free bologna sandwich since no one I know likes old bologna on stale bread. :blowup:

I like my bologna with a little age on it! :puke:

Dean

dbado1 said:

Dean

I like my bologna with a little age on it! :puke:

Dean

[size=large]You're just not right. But, then again, I kind of like that! LOL[/size] :thumbup:

Tyber0z said:
Instead of making a bunch of adapters for all the different regions, they just switched to USB, which is quickly becoming a standard way of charging electronics. This isn't surprising at all.

[size=x-large]Excellent point![/size] :thumbup:

Rick(ND) said:
I think if you are using the USB off your computer it always takes longer to charge. The amp is what makes the difference charging off the USB on the computer.

[size=large]I wonder if the USB port recognizes when the battery is fully charged and goes to trickle charge or is
the USB charging already a trickle charge incapable of harming the battery? I say it is the latter.
[/size]

Tony N (Michigan) said:
I think if you are using the USB off your computer it always takes longer to charge. The amp is what makes the difference charging off the USB on the computer.

I wonder if the USB port recognizes when the battery is fully charged and goes to trickle charge or is
the USB charging already a trickle charge incapable of harming the battery? I say it is the latter.
USB would be regulated at 5VDC. Also if its using the same 5 V the computer uses it must be current limited.
If not a short could really be bad as the micro needs a lot to run. Big sparks ! ML would also make the charge circuit
so if the voltage goes up OR too much current is sensed it would either regulate it or do a total shut down.
Since I dont know computers like I know REAL l pre HDTV I will look into that out of curiosity..........
I love NTSC !

HH Tom
LFOD !

I feel when the battery is charged from what I read was that there is a curcit in the battery that will not let it charge anymore. It is like our cell phone as we are told when fully charged take it off the charger. This will go for our Equinox too as we charge it and when the light comes on on the face plate that says it is charge we take it off the charger. I dont think we can leave it on the charger until we uses it next time, but if you put it on the charger and forgot it for a few hours it will be ok, just like our cell phones.
Maybe someone else may chime in if I am wrong.
I know I have something around here that uses the same type of battery and when it sat for a couple month without use I put it back on the charger and it wouldnt take a charge as it was still full from a couple of months ago, I wonder if this will happen with the Equinox as I wonder if there will be a slight draw for the memories and may have put the charger on if it sat for a few month ( a Equinox sit for a few months? :rofl::lol:

Rick