Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not gonna hunt coins much after finding these!

Old coin hunter

Got a friend who's been hunting gold for about ten years and has found about three pounds. He's been trying to talk me into getting a gold detector and going with him so i finally got one and went out with him a couple of times and found these nuggets. It's a very slow process as you have to cover a lot of ground to find any nuggets unlike when i hunt for coins, i can pretty much be assured i'll find lots of them. Can't hunt gold now as we've had about two inches of rain which makes the detector very noisy and the gold signals aren't usually very loud. I might hunt some coins while waiting for the ground to dry out. HH Jim.

Attachments

• Gold Nuggets 10-18-2021.jpg
    Gold Nuggets 10-18-2021.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 166
Those are pretty. What gold detector did you choose & what type of country are you hunting for it in?

Got a friend who's been hunting gold for about ten years and has found about three pounds. He's been trying to talk me into getting a gold detector and going with him so i finally got one and went out with him a couple of times and found these nuggets. It's a very slow process as you have to cover a lot of ground to find any nuggets unlike when i hunt for coins, i can pretty much be assured i'll find lots of them. Can't hunt gold now as we've had about two inches of rain which makes the detector very noisy and the gold signals aren't usually very loud. I might hunt some coins while waiting for the ground to dry out. HH Jim.
Very cool and exciting stuff. Best of luck!
You are right, this hobby has many down lines, so go coin shooting and enjoy while you have the time.
Tony

I just tried to do the math on 48 oz of gold, screen not wide enough for all those numbers!!
Thats awesome.

you found these in Missouri?

Just an FYI for everyone. There are 12 troy ounces in a pound of gold, but that's still quite a bit of money for what he's found. HH Jim

Way to go, hope the ground dries out for you soon. Rained here again in Boise today. Find a few ounces and you will have your money back that you spent on the GPX6000.

Hawgdawg, chase your dreams while you can. One day it will be too late and you will be saying "I should have". I love to hear stories about finding nuggets. I went to school in Dahlonega, Ga. supposedly the first true gold rush in America. !828???. Must have really been successful since the govt. built a mint there. I believe it's still the admin. building for North Georgia University. Find a couple of the coins and you could probably retire. Odd, but I never read about detecting in that area although I did meet a guy and his wife that detected and lived in that area. I took them to lunch in downtown Dahlonega but never heard from them again.