Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOW WHAT?

hershey1

Well I picked up my new E-Trac this morning with Andy's book so I have been reading it. I will take the beast out tommorrow. I have a Safari and an Excall II and thought I would try an E-Trac. I am going to stay in the factory modes for a while before I start pushing any buttons so any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. HH :minelab:

Go in 3+ sens and start when you detect just remember dig the consistent signals meaning the signal should mach the sweep
and dig everything so you know what signal brings what product

Andy's book is great - tons of good info. - goes way beyond the factory manual !

Most will tell you use the factory coin program - set Sens to Auto + 3 - swing on the slower side and dig any targets that repeat.

Good luck ! ---- Mark

Thanks for responding. I'm sure glad I have used my Safari for a couple of years. The tones are a little different on the E-Trac but I think I can fine tune that later. Going to an old home place this evening that I pulled some very nice silver from so this should be a good test for the E-Trac. I may go to auto +3 but will start out in the factory settings. I will take my Safari down there and do a little comparison because I know it goes deep. Playing in the yard and the E-Trac will nail a Morgan silver dollar but does not pick up an Ike dollar, Rather have a Morgan but will have to program Ike in later. Thanks again as any advice is welcomed. HH :minelab:

You'll need to open up that top line for the Morgans and the Ike's; if you're running factory coin pattern. I don't know where your Morgan came in at, but they're usually in that 01-41 to 01-43 range. I pulled both within 3 days of one another and they both came in on that top line.

NebTrac

Yes set yours to Auto+3 and in the menu go to High Trash setting which helps give it the SEE THROUGH capability and Ground Difficult for here in north America. IF you use it on a beach go to Ground Normal for use in sand like at the ocean. These are the only settings you need to change and away you go even says so in Andy's book. Later on last year I adjusted the Threshold volume for the just audible backgroung hum and Threshold sound ( factory is 15 ) I lowered it to 5 makes the sounds likeable for my hearing range and spreaded them apart more in range from low to high. Later run variability up to 30 and a couple of the other settings to their maximum like in Andy's book recommended and set and forget from then on.

I see you have a Excal II, does that mean you are near a beach? A great training ground to learn tones as targets are usually fairly easy to locate. (Not locally recently)