Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK got a new E-Trac had to Buy a new Windows Computer now What?

Don Killian

OK people I am a Fisher F-75 user and believe it or not I won an E-Trac but I never used it because to tell you the truth after looking at the user manual I'm freaking scared!!! To top it off I am a Apple computer user and from what I have been seeing you cant do anything with the E-Trac on Apple only Windows so today I bought a new computer and hopefully with all of your help you can get me up and running with this state of the are machine:) The only thing I have loaded on this computer other than what came on it is the E-Trac Xchange so what do I need to do from here? Please go easy on me the machine is still in the box and I have never used anything like this before but me being a retired after 20 years Marine Corps vet I will not let it get the best of me. I believe that you should know before you go.

I have seen all the patterns listed on the site that say open/download so I should just be able to download and go correct?

Any help and please if you decide to help please keep it simple for me to get me started and I thank you! Don

Hey Don...are you going COIN hunting in public parks,schools,etc? What are your main targets? This will help determine the initial setup...

Thanks for the quick reply IDXMoster. Really anyplace I can find but more than likely be that woods where there were home sites on the Marine Corps base one thing I need to tone out is brass from the ammo that has been fired for a millions years that is why I quit hunting there but I know there is a ton of stuff there.

My biggest concern is downloading from the web site here......

Don Killian said:
OK people I am a Fisher F-75 user and believe it or not I won an E-Trac but I never used it because to tell you the truth after looking at the user manual I'm freaking scared!!!

First off.... I've quit coin shooting and switched over to nugget shooting so I'm a little "rusty" on my eTrac. Even though I no longer use my eTrac I just can't seem to part with it because it's such an effective weapon on older deep coins and once learned you'll dig less trash and more GOOD targets (if you chase old coins). I was also intimidated when I first got my eTrac. DO NOT be intimidated....once the light bulb goes off you'll find it is a very easy machine to use but it'll take you awhile to understand and use all the info the machine gives you. I also uploaded the Exchange program and don't remember ever using it? I set my patterns manually on the machine. Multi tones fries my brain after about 3 hrs but it has it's place. Being a simple man I find myself using 2-tone ferrous almost exclusively combined with a 6" eq2 coil but also use 11" stock coil and sometimes 13" Ultimate but the 6" with 2-tone ferrous is pretty deadly in trash. TTF has a couple drawbacks (as do all systems/patterns etc.) but it is a VERY EASY way to hunt especially for beginners. High tone you dig....low tone you keep walking....high chirp mixed with low tone, you might have a coin amongst iron? You can ease into multi tones later.

Read all about TTF on eTrac forum but try not to let all the "techy" type talk scare you...it's really easy. Better yet...try and hook up with another eTrac owner if you can?
I'm trying not to get "techy" because it'll kinda overwhelm you at first. If you decide to try TTF and figure out how to upload (or manually) add a pattern...one of my favorites for trashy parks is "Bills Trashy Park Pattern" (on the etrac forum sticky) but I "open up" the pattern from the fe 17 line down IF USING TTF!

Good luck

Thanks for the info oneguy I appreciate greatly! Now if I can get the other 120,000 members to chime in I will be a digging machine and have no fear of the E-Trac what's so ever. So let me ask this is there a turn on and go set up on this machine where I do not have to have a degree in nuclear physics? I liked the part where you said "High tone you dig....low tone you keep walking....high chirp mixed with low tone, you might have a coin amongst iron" that's my kind of setup until I learn and dare to experiment with adjustments. Any links to refer me to I have been over inundated with tyr this pattern, this works!, I just do not want to get too over loaded with too much techy stuff like you said. And again thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. Don

Have you tried any of the stock program's. They will get you started until you get proficient with it.

Have patient and swing slow. Remember the Number beginning with 12 in the 40/s

Then listen to Nickels ( ? 12- 15 "?which is closer to a Pop Top, I was digging those numbers and decided to dig anyway. It was some Foreign Coins

It will go Deep

By they way , not to confuse you I have over 120 Hours Detecting on my E Trac and still only know the On / Off Switch

Good Luck / goldnugget / North Carolina

Don Killian said:
Thanks for the info oneguy I appreciate greatly! Now if I can get the other 120,000 members to chime in I will be a digging machine and have no fear of the E-Trac what's so ever. So let me ask this is there a turn on and go set up on this machine where I do not have to have a degree in nuclear physics? I liked the part where you said "High tone you dig....low tone you keep walking....high chirp mixed with low tone, you might have a coin amongst iron" that's my kind of setup until I learn and dare to experiment with adjustments. Any links to refer me to I have been over inundated with tyr this pattern, this works!, I just do not want to get too over loaded with too much techy stuff like you said. And again thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. Don

As Delta Digger mentioned there are "stock" programs already in your new machine. The Minelab coins program has a lot to be desired but it will get you started in the right direction. I would ask over on the eTrac forum (more people) how to switch your eTrac over to Two-Tone-Ferrous, run auto +3 for sensitivity. Consult the manual also but being new it can be confusing and overwhelming? Ask on eTrac forum for anyone in your area that would be willing to help you get started....that's be the best and fastest way to get rolling. You'll like TTF and once you get a 1-2 hundred hrs under your belt trying different tones, patterns, learning different setups/approaches, etc. you'll end up loving that machine (outside of the terrible weight...lol). Speaking of weight....spend the $25 on the "Detector Buddy" harness/bungee and swing all day!!!!!! Once again...it REALLY is a simple machine once you learn your way around it...…..and you will

Delta Digger said:
Have you tried any of the stock program's. They will get you started until you get proficient with it.

Delta Digger I have not tried any stock program. When I make it out I am going to go to the following arears.....
Plowed fields
Woods
I just turn on the machine and go right? Thanks for your input brother. Don

oneguy thanks for more intel and pointers. I guess I am just keeping myself from doing any and keeping myself back by not going so once it can lock on a location I am going out! Thanks guys.

Don.... You really do sound like you're pretty "lost" right now? WE UNDERSTAND completely. It's sooooo hard to try and explain crap thru words on a screen much less read it from a semi-vague manual. Nothing like hands-on.

You REALLY should just go to the eTrac forum and politely ask the forum for someone in your area to help you set up your machine (hopefully in TTF) and help you get started? Even if you have to meet someone 30 miles away in another town it would save you so much time and beginners frustration? Plenty of really good folks on that forum who'd be happy to help as they also understand what starting out is like?

Whatever you decide to do.... PLEASE give the machine a fair chance? It's a beast of a machine and has established itself as one of the best coin shooters in the history of coin shooters and no doubt will retain that reputation for years to come...…

good luck!!!!!!

I have no doubt that the machine is a force to be reckoned with by all the great things that I have seen people posting their finds of. I am going to get out and see what I can do, so is the E-Trac mostly a coin machine or all around machine? I would not want to miss anything if I'm just looking for coins or is there a general purpose program that you can set up for say civil war relics and coins? Thanks again for the reply.

Don, there is a totally free software package called the "E-TRAC Emulator" on the webpage called www.thebeepgoeson.com that you can load onto your new PC. It will help you learn how to operate your E-TRAC and lets you see how various targets respond. Also, checkout www.goes4ever.com for lots of great E-TRAC information. Love my E-TRAC and I guarantee you will too.

Don what I would do it this. Run the Etrac in the stock programs. That is until you get a feel of you’re machine and what it’s telling you. It’s very easy to get overwhelmed with technology. I’ve been running Etracs for almost 9 years now. And I’m still learning and no question is stupid. We all have to learn and have patience. When I got my Etrac I wanted to wrap it around a tree. I was very frustrated and I have little patience to say the least. I asked many questions on this forum and others. Then one day it just clicked and the Etrac and I we’re one. Ok do this run stock coins program. And take this list I posted not mine but another forum member Thank you. It will give you a numbers value example 12:42 = penny 11:46= a quarter ect ect. The Etrac is a fine machine have patience and it will reward you. I still keep this list in my carry bag and had laminated. Ask questions that’s what we’re here for to learn and pass the knowledge on to others. G/L