Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Only one coin yesterday field hunting............

Dale(Ia)

Only my second day of hunting this year. Ground was finally partially un-frozen.........now frozen back today!
My wife & I spent the last half hour figuring how to resize these photos! Not easy!!

Hunted an old town site along the river that is now a cornfield.Also found three buttons & half a dozen musket balls. One flat button had an "Aaron Benedict, Extra Gilt" backmark which dates to 1812-1823.
Not bad for Iowa!

HH! Iowa Dale

Great find! I'd hunt a long time for one of those girls! Thanks for the pictures Dale! Congratulations on her!

NebTrac

Damn..That's a sweet find. I haven't found one of those in all the years of huntin'.

Dale glad you got back on the dirt i am froze up again to wow that is nice i love them one coin days when you dig something like that i hope you did a littel happy dance lol

great find and perfect photography skills. thanks for the pics. shes a great coin. you can tell shes been in that field forever. luckily she never got hit too bad.

pettit said:
Dale glad you got back on the dirt i am froze up again to wow that is nice i love them one coin days when you dig something like that i hope you did a littel happy dance lol
You must have been secretly watching me!:rofl:
Thanx, Pettit! (...and everyone else!)

Congrats on one heck of a killer find Dale :beers:

A breathtaking coin! I couldn't imagine seeing that in the dirt! Awesome job and congrats on a beautiful coin!

Mark in S.E. IA said:
WOW, what a great find, congrat's

I would love to get out in the fields but it's still froze up here

Yeah, Mark, it's frozen up here again! Did go yesterday afternoon for two hrs.........Just a couple of flat buttons , lock keyhole cover & a few musketballs.
Dale

That is really sweet for "one coin"! I'd take that hunt!