Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park shoveler

Appreciate your sharing photos of your digging tools. I’m interested in hearing more about how you Modified your coin poppers. Did you preheat the screwdriver or cold forge the bend? Being cautious about using digging tools in public spaces I do probe for my target after I locate with a carrot. Deeper targets I’m passing on it for now. I was shown many years ago by illustration from a senior member a technique for coin popping. A standard screwdriver and a second handle for leveraging the popping the target.
I have observed that conditions vary often as to how much depth my equipment reaches. My guess is that finding a target in previously hunted exact location was perhaps a missed opportunity. Better day or conditions for detecting? Either way I found something where I have covered before. Think a tuft of grass in a bare section of park lawn Inches down.
For probing I use a brass probe. Gently ...