Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park shoveler

Hopefully the people in charge do not see this person with a shovel. Last week at my favorite park I had a similar experience with this type of digging. I got signal on my Legend that was faint, but repeatable. I knew it was a coin in the 7-9 inch range. I use a Lesche digger and I was digging my three sided plug, I realized that the dirt was somewhat loose. At that point, I saw the faint outline of a huge(by my standards) plug. It was about 15 inches in diameter. This plug had to be a foot deep to boot. In the corner of his original plug, I found an old wheat penny that was 8 inches deep.

A person should know their detector well enough to have a rough idea of the depth and location of the target. I see you tubers digging these 12-15 inch wide plugs to find a coin four of five inches deep. Mind Boggling to me.
Depending on soil and grass conditions I've dug large holes. Simply to try and keep the grass alive.
Especially when it's dry.
I've gone back weeks later where I had dug small plugs 3-5" in diameter. To find either dead grass or plugs sucked out of the ground by those highlift commerical mowers.
Sometimes it's better to dig a large deep plug.
But those hasty gold diggers I truly despise.

I,m 60 and loosing steem thats alot of quarters you are smarter than the young diggers

I know its in here somewhere.
Screenshot_20230904-204015.png

Park and schools
I usr a screw driver .. detector finds target .. I put pinpointer to the ground .. If it does not beep I will move the ground around no beep .. I move along to another target ..
Coins and jewelry are going to be in the 0" - 4"range deeper it is a can

Park and schools
I usr a screw driver .. detector finds target .. I put pinpointer to the ground .. If it does not beep I will move the ground around no beep .. I move along to another target ..
Coins and jewelry are going to be in the 0" - 4"range deeper it is a can
I can't quite agree with 0-4".
I've dig a good bit of silver and copper at upto 10".

I can't quite agree with 0-4".
I've dig a good bit of silver and copper at upto 10".
Deeper trash metal junk like drinks for example cans mask a hell of a lot of coinage , can slaw is the second greatest masker of coinage and rings. This is probably not on your mind because people think
iron is the one and only masker of coinage and rings. Drinks cans are pure evil! Guys such as Paystreak Superfreaks insane methods of removing all the junk have its merits in finding masked good finds.
I would not be fit enough to empty fields of all the junk though.

If I dug a 10" hole at a Park or School .. Someone is going to come up to me yelling .. Get the heck out of here .. We do not even bring a shovel
I dig 10" holes with my hand tools.
Though recently at a demolished 1805 homestead.
Bulldozed. I have to use my shovel.
Sooo much debris rolled into the clay soil.
Found my first large cent there. Hopefully more.

Listener, I live on the other side of the valley from you and can tell ya, the hack jobs some of these folks do in the grass in our area is gonna lead to nothing but no detecting rules.

My primary pointer is my Carrot.
Very accurate. And will see a quarter at 6".
I've numerous other pinpointers and I keep coming back to the Carrot.
Keep that Carrot, if it sees a quarter at 6 inches, seriously. I never saw a Garretts Carrot hit even nickels more that 3 inches. Nickels are tops. Quarters were "maybe" 2 1/2 inches at best, and I mean BEST.

Last edited:
Keep that Carrot if it sees a quarter at 6 inches, seriously.
It really does. Highest setting.
Does a slow beep. Like every second.
I don't think most people move slow enough for deep targets. Just constantly waving them back and forth. The MI6 is the worst one I own.
Barely 3" on a silver quarter.

It really does. Highest setting.
Does a slow beep. Like every second.
I don't think most people move slow enough for deep targets. Just constantly waving them back and forth. The MI6 is the worst one I own.
Barely 3" on a silver quarter.
Did you do air tests to prove this 6" range? After the dig? I am skeptical.

Did you do air tests to prove this 6" range? After the dig? I am skeptical.
I dug them.
I fine pinpoint with the carrot.
I will say the brand new one I recently purchased for a backup does not go as deep.
Okay. Just now playing with it.
Yup. Almost 7 inches in air.
A little side note.
When I first turned it on in #2 setting.
I was near my tool chest and it instantly went off.
I measured in #3 setting.
And it's hitting that tool chest at 17 inches.
That surprised me.
Did I get a hot rod Lincoln version ? 😏

The Quest and Nokta about a ft.
And the XP mi6 about 10 inches from the tool chest.

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_131833.jpg
    IMG_20230808_131833.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
Last edited: