Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pod Control Cover ..does it exist ?

do they make a cover for the Pod control for the V3,,,I have seen it on the DFX ,,,they make the housing cover for the V3,,what about the control pad.?......thanks,,,,HH,,Tim

White's offers replacement screen covers and the pod is weather resistant. Per White's, the only weak points on the box are the battery door and the phone jack, which has a plug.

J

What are the replacement screen covers? Can you install them yourself is it an easy replacement job or should you send it in to Whites for the screen covers and where do you get them?

The screen cover is the plastic cover over the display screen. If it get damaged, you can peel it off and replace it yourself. You can get them from White's and White's dealers. I'm not sure, but I think they are about $5.

You can get a waterproof box cover at any White's dealer or order from them for $14.95 + shipping.

Resistant to water and dirt. This is what the covers are for. Whites doesn't sell a waterproof cover and no one does. Whites has sealed the pod so all a cover does is keep the pod clean a scratches off the screen cover. The box is already resistant to rain. A sticker or tape over the speaker holes to keep out dirt is all that is needed. The speaker is sealed and water resistant. Again all the cover does is keep off scratches. Rob

Ya, the screen (pod?) cover isn't necessary but some people like to use them. They are nice for keeping wear and tear down on the buttons (which also helps with resale value of you ever sell).

There's a seller on ebay that offers a cover. It's cut a little sloppy but does the job and it's cheap. Theres also a company (in the UK I believe) that makes a really nice one thats been posted here but I can never find the retailers info.

I tried to find the cover I spoke of on ebay to post a link for you but apparently they don;t have any offered right now. Try searching ebay using 'Whites V3 cover' in a week or so .

Thanks, ya, thats the UK maker. There is a US maker also. The cover isn't quite as nice but its cheaper, and less of a hassle than getting from the UK. Though given a choice it looks like it may be worth it over the US manufacturer.

I purchased the the Thesaurus pod & box cover set from the Uk.They are very well made with very good fit. The only thing I don't like about the pod cover is the clear protective plastic that is used for the window that covers the pod screen. On mine this plastic is very wrinkled which causes glare/distortion and make the screen difficult to see. Contacted Thesaurus about this and sent them photos. They said that this condition is normal for this cover & referred me to the pictures of the cover used in their advertisements, which also shows wrinkling. So for this reason I don't really like to use it.

Altamaha said:
I purchased the the Thesaurus pod & box cover set from the Uk.They are very well made with very good fit. The only thing I don't like about the pod cover is the clear protective plastic that is used for the window that covers the pod screen. On mine this plastic is very wrinkled which causes glare/distortion and make the screen difficult to see. Contacted Thesaurus about this and sent them photos. They said that this condition is normal for this cover & referred me to the pictures of the cover used in their advertisements, which also shows wrinkling. So for this reason I don't really like to use it.

Yep, I've had a cover for every machine I've ever owned and thats true of all of them. My Etrac has a really tight fitting cover that pulls the clear plastic straight but it still gives a glare.

One trick around this if you want to use a cover. Hunt by sound and when you get over a signal in an area thats giving you glare, get into the habit of shifting your body to the right so that you're looking straight down over the machine. You should get minimal glare that way.

yes they do make a pod cover for the v3. i got mine from gold bug of Utah. it is made for the v3 a works great cost 15.00 dollars and is covered for two years. thanks pat s

During the rain season, I carry a couple bags from the meat department. I only had to use one a few times in the years I been detecting, and they don't cost. Light weight and don't take much to carry a few.

:detecting:I just purchased the box cover from White's. It fit well and I'll be using it all the time. Only one drawback is that you have to remove it to replace the batteries, not a big deal though especially if you using 2700 MaH, got 12 hours running C/J and pinpoint mode. Also bought the 10" DD cover and it snapped on very securely.

HEY just got word from my dealer that he got them in stock going to look at it as soon as this SNOW go away 7" here last night keep you all posted

It's a longer post so just remember you don't need the for rain. All they are needed for is if you want to keep dirt off. Rob

Yes, I just got one from Whites too, and I noticed the same thing last night after I was done hunting when I got home the batteries needed to be charged, the whole bag has to come off. Not a big deal though.
Aaron

I REALLY like the box cover on my machine. It keeps sand and grit off of it and out of the speaker holes (you could use a sticker, I don't have one) and it keeps the machine from getting scratched. Additionally, it keeps the other folks from getting jealous of our sweet machines. Folks at the beach might think you're even using a PI when your elbow deep in the sand. :) It does bug me to have to take the dang thing off to change the battery, you also have to disconnect the coil to get this done unless you really stress the material~it seems like it would have been way smarter to put the velcro flap part on the battery side for easy access, but I bet they did this because that is the most likely place for water to try to sneak in if the seal isn't just right or whatever.

Still, I won't be getting rid of my box cover anytime soon, it keeps my machine from getting all nasty in mud and dirt or all scratched by shrubbery.

Its a great fit, IMO. If it was any closer in terms of fit it would be kind of a pain to deal with getting it off and on. Its a nice cover. I have the pod cover, too. I don't use it much unless I'm just covered in scratchy sandy mud which could wear the buttons. Plus, it irritates me to see my $1500 machine all muddy even if it is water resistant, its counterintuitive.

Taterhead