Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem With E-Trac And Pro Pointer AT Getting Along !

E-Trac-Ohio

Just got a new Garrett Pro-Pointer AT a few weeks ago - it's a real nice Pin Pointer for sure.
Only problem is that it must be running close to the same frequency (?) as the E-Trac because I get a lot of noise through the headphones as soon as I turn it on.
There's no noise problem at all when I use the new Pin Pointer with my Deus or with my Wife's Tesoro - just the E-Trac.

Anyone else run into this problem ?

Good Hunting !

jtermz said:
try a noise cancel

I always noise cancel at the beginning of every hunt - the problem is there regardless of what channel I'm on.
I'm also going to see if it makes a difference if I switch to one of my other sets of headphones ?

I have the same problem too with the pro pointer if it's with in 2 feet of the coil. I just move the coil over some when I'm using the pointer.

I use the 4.5x7 coil almost exclusively and have been using the ProPointer AT for the last two weeks with no issues at all. Could it be related to the coil?

When you noise cancel have the Pro Pointer ON and close to your ETrac. I think this will work for you.

ArtWI

It's most likely a Pulse Induction probe. They do not get along with the E-Trac. The pistol probe is a pulse induction also.

That's odd. I've been using the White's TRX with my E-Trac, but I also have a Pro-Pointer. I just went out to see if my Garrett PP has any issues with the E-Trac and it didn't - unless I got within about 2 feet of the coil. But then it didn't matter if it was on or off - pinpoint mode was still singing. In normal mode I saw no extra responses from the E-Trac.

I used the stock coil to perform this test. Is it possible you have a coil problem? Perhaps the shield wire in the cable is disconnected from the plug? Do you have another coil to try?

John

mine gives me fits sometimes on channel 9 but not always ... channel 6 is always good with no interference .... I never noise cancel unless I'm having a problem

Thanks for the replies guy's.

This is really strange - I have not had any problems since the first day I had the new Pro Pointer AT - maybe it was just a combo of some power line EMI ???