Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problems

Shaft rotational play between the two metal shafts. I tried a larger plastic pin and electrical tape shim to take up the play. It was good in the house, but under water it slipped, ordered a carbon fiber shaft - one piece - it is arriving today. Unfortunately I am heading to CT for the weekend and will not see it until Monday.

I do not need the 10+ screen protectors each in a different language, cut the bottom off and hope the English tabs stay on. I don't think I will ever need that many as the display is not a touch screen.

Download the manual, and just print out the pages you might need while out detecting or download to your smart phone.

The 800's headphones can pair with "listen" to two devices - your detector and your smart phone. Handy if your expecting a while detecting.

MISSING: information on how to find more time in the day to use the Equinox. :shrug:

No real issues at all. The foam rubber pad on the cuff on mine was not glued at all on one side, so they sent me a new cuff, same issue ont he new one so I got an exact same size foam pad from a dealer off a Garrett pro and it fits exactly and is welded on with glue. Also got one of those cuffer pads. Great little unit. Maigh not be all that good for water but dry land is great.

I had to remember to really tighten the locks on the shaft as on mine it seemed it was tight by hand, but needed to be about a quarter turn tighter to get over a 'hump' in the locking mechanism.

True we don't need 50 languages but the idea for sending all of them was great. The little 'English' part is never going to stay attached if you put it on and then take it off to cut the English wording off and install another screen protector. I suggest you cut off the English first, then install the two parts. Then all you have to do to install another is remove the top large screen part and not the wording part.

Once in a while I have had the 'tones but no numbers' issue for a few sweeps after coming out of 'pin point'. On one occasion it did not return until I went across all modes til reaching Gold, then it came back. Happens rarely though.

My middle and upper shaft cam locks would not tighten correctly but Minelab replaced them quickly.

WaterWalker said:
Shaft rotational play between the two metal shafts. I tried a larger plastic pin and electrical tape shim to take up the play. It was good in the house, but under water it slipped, ordered a carbon fiber shaft - one piece - it is arriving today. Unfortunately I am heading to CT for the weekend and will not see it until Monday.

I do not need the 10+ screen protectors each in a different language, cut the bottom off and hope the English tabs stay on. I don't think I will ever need that many as the display is not a touch screen.

Download the manual, and just print out the pages you might need while out detecting or download to your smart phone.

The 800's headphones can pair with "listen" to two devices - your detector and your smart phone. Handy if your expecting a while detecting.

MISSING: information on how to find more time in the day to use the Equinox. :shrug:
Hey, first good luck & fun at the CT hunt! I'll miss everyone, especially Lenny & Joes seafood social after the hunt. I wanted to ask since it'll be a couple days before I get to handle an EQ. I have a carbon fiber Anderson shaft used with my Excalibur and a 3 piece aluminum travel shaft by plugger. So the control housing "cleanly" unscrews or unbolts from the stock shaft...? Same diameter shaft as the others and does it take the same Minelab lower rod as the Excalibur / Sovereign? From the manual and drawings it appears it will all be a simple swap. Your thoughts and input are appreciated.
Regards,
B

Ytcoinshooter said:
Hey, first good luck & fun at the CT hunt! I'll miss everyone, especially Lenny & Joes seafood social after the hunt. I wanted to ask since it'll be a couple days before I get to handle an EQ. I have a carbon fiber Anderson shaft used with my Excalibur and a 3 piece aluminum travel shaft by plugger. So the control housing "cleanly" unscrews or unbolts from the stock shaft...? Same diameter shaft as the others and does it take the same Minelab lower rod as the Excalibur / Sovereign? From the manual and drawings it appears it will all be a simple swap. Your thoughts and input are appreciated.
Regards,
B
I did a post on this Nox shaft sizes

Well...... i read a post somewhere about the coil/shaft seeming to be off center. I notice i wasnt swinging the same way today. Got home and took a look. My handle is off cent to the LEFT. So i loosened the screws to adjust it more to my liking to the right. Dont know if everyone knows this...... but you cant. There is a hole in the shaft and the bottom part of the handle has a nipple that fits in the hole. Not everyone likes their handle the same way for comfort........ but i assume it was for strength again. I assume Andersons or Plugger will have to have the hole.

Ive not has any problem with the shaft tightening up....... well once i figured out which way i was supposed to turn the locks lol.

Jas......there is going to be a learning curve in the water. Its no CTX..... information wise. But it sure swings better. Got it all set up..... then tweaked it today some more. Beach 1 is a bit chatty......but its NOT EMI, its just really reading the minerals. Something you expect if you plan on getting small gold in salt water. Beach 2 runs very smooth and you can likely up the sensitivity. I didnt notice a lot of depth difference on larger targets. BOTTLE CAPS..... has anyone notice on the front of the coil they scream DIG ME.... but if you wiggle the coil forward on the back of the coil .... they null or break up? From my testing dont expect it to be a chain magnet. It will get a few more than the CTX.... and it actually did a little better on broken rings than the CTX. This machine is FUN to play with..... but you are going to dig more trash and have to deal with unstable digits and in beach 1 where you want to be ... its going to be chatty. Id be shocked if someone with a CTX will get any gold you wont. Ive got a long way to go on this one...... but well worth the money.

Thanks biglry! I had actually read your post but - my poor retention. I really appreciate the reminder. I'd be happy to wait for pluggers shaft when available after rereading the details in your post. He's got the best darn shaft locks...period! I've used them on modded shafts without a snap pin due to reach (one mod didn't insert quite far enough) and they were solid in the water.

ML said:
My middle and upper shaft cam locks would not tighten correctly but Minelab replaced them quickly.
Boy if they have spare parts lying around you’d think there would be more units ready?!!

For me the only gripe ive had is the freaking charging cables are too short I guess I will have to get some extension cables.
Slight shaft wobble but I dont notice unless I swing real fast.My etrac had way more shaft wobble than this one.
Target ID and depth is really accurate even at depth so no problems there.
Its easy to navigate the menu so no issues there.

Wont let me upload video on here been trying for three days 4.5 gram nugget 2 and half inches won’t pick it in park 1

Meekakid said:
Wont let me upload video on here been trying for three days 4.5 gram nugget 2 and half inches won’t pick it in park 1

Does it pick up other things? Does it pick it up in the Gold mode? I know from personal tests on the beach at Galveston, mine will not pick up small gold (.6, .8 and 1.3g) in most modes except for the Gold mode.

What settings are you using? Sensitivity, etc.?

Mine has shaft play too:'( bs a $900 machined shouldn't have issues out of the box

Yes it does pick up other things but In park 1 sens 22 , ground balanced , noise cancelled should pick 4.5 gm nugget at 2-1/2! Inches

I interfaced the WM08 and the ML80 to my 800 two days after purchase and per instructions provided with the machine resulted in the complete loss of the external speaker emitting sound, and disconnecting both devices and multiple factory restarts proved fruitless. Contacted the service department, was told a remote fix isn’t possible and to wait for instructions on sending it in for repair. My 2 cents: neither of these two devices, the WM08 and the ML80, are necessary and should have been accessory items instead of added. The cost of these two devices alone are between $150 and $250. The 800 is compatible with multiple wireless headphones and the wireless module serves no purpose whatsoever. However, detecting with the 800 on its maiden voyage with only the use of headphones was above par. The 800 is an absolute stunner regarding its capabilities and far surpassed every detector I’ve ever owned. Sincerely, Detectorist of 30 years