Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:rant:Adjustments to the 3030`

destructo

been using the etrac, explorer 2, explorer se for 2 years and now have a ctx as well as etrac. just tried out for first time yesterday and had hard time. couldn;t pinpoint good, couldn't figure out how to change sounds, vid was going crazy on dimes from 11-36- to 11 or 12-46 up and down no consistancy at all like the etrac. adjusting settings seems more complicated than etrac . not a good first day for me. the turn on and go didn't happen. guess i have some reading and studying to do. :stars:

The easiest way to set the CTX up is with your computer and the exchange 2 software. I had never owned any of the previous FBS machines but with a little tutoring from a few members I am confident I can make any program and change tones in just a couple of minutes on the computer. There is a list in the CTX classroom on how to make programs directly on the CTX I haven't tried it since I have learned how to on the computer.

Let me know if you need help. I will be glad to pass on what I know, which is very little compared to some.

[size=large]After a few times out, the settings should get easier for you.. If you still continue to have the exaggerated vdi, you already know about EMI and excessive sensitivity, so I won't go there but I would contact my dealer and get his advice and/or have him contact Brian at Minelab. It could be something as simple as a bad coil. Hope ya get it straightened out... Richard[/size]

First thing you need to realize, is that it's not an ETRAC. It may look, and be similar, but it's NOT an ETRAC. Don't use it like one. First, read up online, or go to YouTube on how to set-up some modes and configure the tones to your liking. Once that's done it is a TURN ON AND GO machine. Also note that the targets will NOT "hit" the same as the ETRAC in certain modes. Learn about using Target Trace to your advantage. The first few times out I missed my ETRAC because I was so used to it. Now a few months later I wouldn't use one again ever now that I have the CTX. Take your time, read, and get some real-world experience on it. Enjoy the machine, because you will soon see how great it is. -Ron

It gets better, I find it much easier to adjust on the fly than the Etrac. You just need to understand the menu and the short touch vs long touch on the buttons. I also agree that if you are creating a whole new program do it with the exchange software and transfer it to the CTX. Be patient and GL

After using the E-Trac for a year or so, I was very comfortable with it and then I got the CTX. After 4 months and getting the 6" coil I am finally getting the hang of the TWO different machines. Similar but different. The places I hunt, recently demolished houses and businesses here in Houston, there is a ton of iron, nails, tin, lead, etc., and it is difficult with the big coil. In almost every pattern I have loaded, the numbers bounce!! I have just about given up on them except for pin pointing. To me the tone is the key. But, having whined a bit, I can say that I have found more silver and more old coins in three months with the CTX than I did all last year with the E-trac.

turned on the target trace and pinpoint trace and worked better today (couldn't figure out how to use yesterday) my auto sens was at 19/13 most of time up to 22. i will try to upload some programs and i am sure it will do better. plus my 6 inch coil hopefully will be coming soon>(on back order). on the plus side, the vdi seemed more consistant, i pinpointed better today, found some wheats, girl scout pin and a little babys ring and my elbow didnt hurt after using ctx for 2 hours this morning.

The menu layout and function is quite a bit different than the E-Trac and requires a bit of study and practice to navigate proficiently . The CTX it a highly advanced instrument but still easy to learn if you study up a bit on it's operation.A few days practice and it should become second nature to use.... Pinpointing is exactly the same as the E- Trac with pro coil in my experience.
To high of gain and sensitivity for your soil/EMI and amount of trash present is usually what makes the vid go crazy as well as causing the machine to be unstable.