Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reports wanted.

D&P-OR

Would anyone that has installed/used the new update on the Equinox 800 please report your opinion as to performance of it (compared to the original)?------Thanks--------Del

Ill be out tomorrow with mine...

I did a 2 hour park hunt after my update.. mine is alot less chatty. Seems to lock on better and less fluctuation on ID numbers. Pinpoint was almost 100% fixed as I did have one quick almost silent pinpoint. The rest were really nice .. seems modulation is working better as it was easier to tell deeper targets from shallow and those aluminum cans sounded louder than before. Usually the large aluminum chunks or cans sounded normal until pinpoint mode then would scream , but now pinpoint still screams but the tone is alot louder before I use pinpoint. My detector may have had some bugs in it before the update because I just could not bring myself to use it over my deus due to chatter, numbers were jumpy and pinpoint was a mess and it took a while to get my headphones to pair up. I did several factory resets but it didn't help.. now all seems so much better even Bluetooth paired right up.. not sure if that was part of the update or what, but it was a joy to use..

Honestly......... i cant say. I hunted one of the top beach in the US the other day for 5 hours with another guys......... i found 5 targets total. Had to ask him if i was missing targets...... he was using an Xcal and said nope im not getting a thing. Modulation did seem better, i never use PP, response to high conductors like pennies seems better and the ones i found were pretty deep. I tested a clad quarter on edge...... still has an angle issue high the low digit.

Did the update yesterday and then went out for a couple hours... my pinpoint function still has that volume quirkiness to it... loud then quiet etc... got use it though so no big deal... although I was hoping it would have fixed the bug..

Thanks for your responses guys.----We did the update on my wife & my E800's today.----Windows 10 and "logged in" easily & with no issues.----I then tested both of them in our large test area and they seemed to perform well. (I.D., buried coin on edge, depth, etc.)----The pinpoint (so far) doesn't have that high/low tone that it had.----Tomorrow will be the real test though on a live hunt.-------Del

Just upgraded mine, put a silver quarter on edge, and got the pretty much same response as before. I don't use pinpoint so I'm not sure if anything changed in that regard.

ML said:
Just upgraded mine, put a silver quarter on edge, and got the pretty much same response as before. I don't use pinpoint so I'm not sure if anything changed in that regard.

The problem wasn't with quarters, it was with large silver, ie halves and more specifically dollars on edge.

ML said:
Same here tried out a silver half dollar with my 800 updated then my fathers machine not updated exact same response picked it up but numbers jumped the same on both machines?

Jason in Enid said:

The problem wasn't with quarters, it was with large silver, ie halves and more specifically dollars on edge.
I agree Jason you, would have thought it would be the other way around.

Laplander

With update I tried on edge silver quarter. Biggest improvement
Was in park 1 where w/o update it would not pick it up, and
with update park 1 hits it. Improved signal in field 1 although it
would pick it up before update just not well. Haven't seen much
difference in park 2 and field 2,-before update picked it up fine and
still does after update. Same situation for beach and gold modes
not much difference between pre and post update. Pinpoint and depth
gauge better.

True........ but on most machines those large silvers will show a lower TID than you expect. Next question for those who didnt see a change........were you running you machine in the house or on site with your normal settings? Sensitivity can make a very big difference because you try and hold the coin way to high compared to your normal settings.

relicmeister said:
With update I tried on edge silver quarter. Biggest improvement
Was in park 1 where w/o update it would not pick it up, and
with update park 1 hits it. Improved signal in field 1 although it
would pick it up before update just not well. Haven't seen much
difference in park 2 and field 2,-before update picked it up fine and
still does after update. Same situation for beach and gold modes
not much difference between pre and post update. Pinpoint and depth
gauge better.
Well that explains it I’ll try again in park 1 I was running park 2

I thought I had a silver dime on edge after I opened up the hole. It was down about 8 inches and I could see the silver edge that was straight up and down. My initial numbers were jumping 22-26 but very consistent in two directions. It turned out to be a silver plated Religious medal about the size of a dime. This is with the update, Park 2, sensitivity 23, reactivity 5, iron bias 2. I was surprised it was picking it up that good at that depth.

I was out with My 800 Saturday, I feel like there was an increase in Depth using Field 2. I dug a tiny copper coin that night be a Charles farthing, deepest I have ever dug wit the machine so far.

I haven't found any operational differences after the update. Maybe pinpointing is a bit more robust, but not even sure there. Essentially, the Nox experience is the same. Well, we got a few bug fixes and maybe small improvements, and the detector still works, so it's all good. Mainly, I like the precedent--hopefully, Minelab will provide updates regularly.