Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring found and returned

sd51

My wife and I are vacationing in the Florida panhandle. I do some fishing and detecting of the beaches. I was working a beach yesterday at sunrise (less people around) and was asked by a young man if I could look for a sterling ring his friend's daughter lost. I of course said yes, and asked where they thought it was lost. His wife then came over and helped nail down a large area luckily all on the dry beach. I gridded it off and dragged my feet after every pass to see where I had already covered. On about the last pass, I finally get a signal (the only signal) that was a 12-41. I reached down and found the ring.

I motioned them over and they weren't sure if that was the right ring but they quickly took a picture and texted it to the girl's father who was still in his condo. He confirmed it was the ring so everyone was happy. I didn't bring my phone with so I didn't get a picture. Always a good feeling when you can help someone get their ring back!

Way to go, nice recovery.

Ron in WV

Always a good feeling to help others. :thumb-up:

Rich

Great story! Love to hear about detectorists shedding a good light on the hobby. Thank you!

Hey sd51.

There is no better felling then returning a lost ring.

I found and returned a class ring that had been lost for 54 years and the tears that filled the old gals eyes is something that I will never forget.

Two years after returning the ring the lady had put a public thank you in the news paper that caught me completely off guard truly a magic moment,

Nice job!
D.V.

Great return sd51. Good job!

Years ago I found an inscribed 12K gold bracelet about 120 miles from home. I recognized the last name and it somehow turned out to be my co-worker's uncle!
It turned out the former owner was 87 years old and now lived in Omaha, NE within 20 miles of where my brother lives.
We arranged a meeting where my wife and I returned it to him and took some pics.
He mentioned it was lost around 1948 and he never saw the girl again after that summer.
We all got a chuckle when his wife laughingly said "This is the first time I ever heard that story.."

Dave