Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sat Down, Then Took a Walk And Went To The Barber

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last 2 weekends at a list of researched old public city parks, schools and fairgrounds I compiled that I thought may still have some deep targets. Everything was found with my minelab eTrac.
I pulled the sharp 1885 seated dime in a Minnesota city park on Sunday. It was every bit of an 11+ inch coin. The 1917 Mercury dime with the black stain (Was laying on a piece of Iron) as also a super deep one pushing 11 inches.
I was also running into the big silver last weekend as I got a first year (1964 Kennedy - 90% silver) Half as well as the Walker, Barber and Washington Quarter.
I have gotten a handful of 40% silver Kennedy halves (1965-70) but that was the first time I hit a 1964. They are hard to find.
I was also happy to pull that "G Man" toy badge (Made by Tootsie; Circa 1948-1950).
The rain stayed away last weekend so it was a great weekend to hunt other than being hot.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1885 (no mint mark) Seated Liberty Dime
1945,1964 Half Dollars
1907D, 1942,1952 Quarters
Other silver dimes back to 1902
4 Silver WWII era nickels (35% silver)
Pile of Nickels back to 1911
4 Indian Head Pennies (2 are legible back to 1901)
39 Wheat Pennies back to 1910
Foreign Coin - 1961 German 2 Pfennig

Other Finds
6 rings (2 are silver. The nice one is a "Mother of Pearl" Sterling stamped ring)
Tootsie Toy Badge
1930s "Acme Thunderer" Coaches/Referee Whistle. It still works great once I cleaned it
Tennis Racket Pin. This must have some age to it.
The top of Wax Seal Stamper??. Not sure if that has a cross in the middle or it is part of the design.
Few Old Buttons including a WWII era Starburst Button
Makeup Compact
1960 Brazilian Bus Token (Upper right hand corner of nickels picture)
Brass LeisureCor Gaming Token (Probably 1970s)
Old Bell or hub cap
Personalized Bracelet
Small Roundball / Pistol Ball
Small PIn
Crude Cast Fishing Sinker
SilverCoins.jpg
SeatedDimeAfterLightCleaning.jpg
SeatedDimeAfterAdditionalCleaning.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
OldSilverReverse.jpg
JuniorGmanToyBadge.jpg
NickelsForeignCoinsAndTokens.jpg
Rings.jpg
OldRelicsAndTennisRacketPin.jpg
OldButtons.jpg

I’m speechless!! 😶 😮😮😮😮😳😳

You like torturing us dont you………. 😂. Thats just humbling to see all that.

Wow....The ladies you found are gorgeous....and it is good to see the IH's back in your posts...Your going to need a bigger tree stump to hold all your finds !
Thank you for sharing just your weekend finds with us and it is good to see you got seated... a hair cut and took a walk ....what could be better ?

Dave,

Quite the finds. I'm up in MN, not sure how long, perhaps we can get together. Are you detecting with James quite a bit? Looks like the ground is super dry, how you dealing with that?

Chris

All your targets sure cleaned up nice. Well done.

One of the best hauls I've seen you post Dave! That seated is spectacular. The non-coin finds are really interesting as well. You should run an Etrac Boot Camp, I'd pay to learn from you!

A great time for you and a great time for us just looking at great finds. So proud that they are now out of the ground and in your collection. The older coins, to me, have a look of artistry and patriotism. Now----zinc??