Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

screen reading

mike k.

anyone know if you can improve the reading on the screen ? I have good eyesight , but find it almost impossible to see in the daylight . - mike

There is a contrast setting you can adjust, you may get a little help there.

Ron in WV

HighPlainsHunter said:
[size=large]Perhaps a combination of the contrast and turning the backlight on...[/size]

I went back to my manual last night and I couldn't find any mention of a backlight. Could you direct me to where and how to turn it on.

My machine is a couple of years old and it could be something added to the newer machines.

Thanks,

Ron in WV

Ron, the backlight is the pushbutton in the upper right corner that looks like a star (a dot in the middle with eight lines angling out in all different directions). It's just above the pushbutton with the arrow pointing to the left.

I also find the E-Trac display hard to see in the daylight.
Something is not right with the design of the display as other detectors do not have this problem.
But ... after all these years its a bit late to expect Minelab to issue a fix for it.

WOW do I feel dumb. My mind was locked up and I was looking for something in the internal menus to turn on or off.

sd51 more dumb, I have used that light bunches of times when working inside the house on patterns and settings.

So for my punishment I will go to the bed room the rest of the evening and turn that light off and on at least 100 times.

Thanks sd51 for unlocking my brain.

Ron in WV

They (minelab ) would certainly have the technology for a fix for a better brighter screen . IF THEY WANTED TO . But they have our money for the etrac already . Hopefully someone might offer an aftermarket improvement soon.

I was able to adjust the brightness and contrast to make it useable. I agree that it is frustrating.

Oddly, lowering the contrast made it better for me.

CS

I put a polarized screen protector on mine. Got mine from the Zon.

It is the angle of the handle and how the control box is mounted to it that makes the screen hard to see. I made a "Hoodie" for mine with dark piece of heat moldable plastic and some duct tape, I tape it like a sun visor over the screen. Also if you turn your body away from the bright sun, that helps a lot too. .......NGE