Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seems that ML has violated one of the truisms of good sales practice:

Rick(ND) said:
I think Andy deleted his post even though it was right on and tells it like it is, too many new people to this forums that think they no more than those that have 30 plus years of detecting. In order to keep peace and use this Equinox forum as intended he deleted his post.
We are seeing more BS on this forum and too many assuming when the Equinox should have been released, too many want this detector to do thing no other detector can do and feels instead of the operator learning what it can do they want it to work better then they they can do and understand.
Minelab made the mistake of announcing this detector until the testing done and a final product ready to make. Then again if they waited until after Christmas to announce it many people would be mad because they just bought a new detector for Christmas, so either way we are going to have people mad at Minelab.
What we are seeing is like the little girl on Willy Wonka that wants everything now no matter what it is even though many cant use it anyway because of the weather.
My biggest concerns is if it is ready to release or if they are releasing it to satisfy some that keep saying they want it now.
I am going to sit back and read any info like the owners manual and any field testers reports and wait for my dealer say mine is on it way before I get too excited as it will come sooner or later and just hope it is before our ground thaws. :thumbup:

Rick
Nice post Rick. I've been following this subject on & off and I've never seen such a subject that got so many panties ruffled! I hope the EQ turns to be all that's promised by ML but no way was I going to throw down on it prerelease. The created event announcement detectnix or whatever had me rolling my eyes, really. Sitting here on the beach in Cancun as I post I think how great travel unit it might turn out to be in the future. I'd like to pack the EQ and one of my PI's for our travels. No matter how the production units turn out performance wise I won't be heart broken having resisted the impulse preorder...but man what fine tool I hope it proves to be. Looking forward to real world results, speculation doesn't cut it for me.

More smoke and mirrors there, beegees. Show me where ML said something wrong. Heaping misdirection in front of you doesn't address the question.

ML has never said anything that turned out to be wrong. Period.
Show me the link to your post that contains a fact. All you do is innuendo. I wonder who employs you.

minelab must have bought out XP as only a deity can speak no wrong :buds: so the truth is every human has made mistakes and that includes minelab to think otherwise is :sleepy:

I just cant believe people are still on this forum chewing each other out over nothing I wore out months ago just pop in now and then to see if anyone has one of those yowies yet? I mean platypus or what ever its called :lmfao:

anyway I will drop back in in a few months time to see if the platypus can swim yet..

have fun my peeps and try being a bit nicer to each other or i'll send Aunty Jack around :punch:

AJ

beegees said:
I'm still waiting on the troll/shill to show me where ML has said something that wasn't so. I notice he avoids that thread now.

Who was that?

He may be talking about me, not sure. If it is me he's addressing, I'm not sure which thread he thinks I'm avoiding though. :hot:

I think Champs is a great old coot. He just needs a magnifying glass to find all the times we posted the proof for him. I heard he's got a great handheld microscope, we just gotta get these screens under it so he can see what we post. Same goes for all the ML announcements that come and go. Get out the handlens Champ. The answers are all over the place.

He's definitely talking about you. You seems to think that Minelab made an ironclad commitment to ship in December when they only provided their best estimate. I have never seen a new detector, especially when they are the first of their line using a technology new to that manufacture hit their estimate. Look at the Teknetics T2, it didn't ship until 9 months or so from when they made their estimate. This isn't the first nor will be the last case that a manufacture misses an estimate when they provide that estimate before field testing is complete. Field testing often uncovers bugs that were not detected by the internal test team. So just where do you feel they have broken a promise they made to you? You have yet to answer that despite being asked several times.

I also feel a sense of pity for you since you have stated that you have cancelled your order and do not intend to buy a Minelab product. You appear to be spending at least an hour a day posting here. If you are going to buy a detector from another brand it is most appropriate for you to go find out about that machine on its home forum. It seems like no amount of venting is going to make you feel any better so why hang around here. Everyone here is already well informed about your view of the NOX and Minelab and most are ignoring every post with your name on it now.

This is my final take on this whole situation. Minelab was supposed to have the Equinox out by "Early" December before Christmas(This is confirmed by a Minelab tech at Detectival and Andy S. as well as Tom D.(Although he never said a date, he gave a reason why it was delayed for 6 weeks)). I believe that they had every intention on trying to meet this deadline. I now know why they could not release the reason for the delay. The more glaring issue now is, that there was little to no communication during that whole time frame on why there was a delay or, if there even was a delay. This is a lesson Minelab will have to learn if they want to satisfy THIS market in time before certain other companies surpass them(This is happening as we speak).

According to many sources I have, machines are now getting into the hands of actual customers(most here know this by now).

To Beegees,

I think we both made our points about this situation, however, IMO, it is now time to move on from this "Dropping the ball" issue(that is what I am doing). I don't feel it serves anymore purpose to try to continue pushing the issue when we are all moving past it(whether some acknowledged it or not). IF I were you, I would try to be the bigger man, and do the right thing and apologize where/if needed. If they are any type of decent understanding person, they will reciprocate and you both can move on. If they don't, then there isn't much you can do.

FOR the record, I think Minelab produces great products, however, if there is an issue with ANY company, I will not fail to call them out on it. This includes Minelab.That is my right as a consumer.