Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shoot, Close Shave with Large Silver

Larry (IL)

The club prez came to town today and I treated him to a hunt at my favorite hunting spot. Steve didn't do as well as me, but I had a great time hunting, found my first big silver of the year, a 1941-S Walker and the dime is a 1928 plus three wheats in the 40's and 50's. Temp was 91 here with high humidity so we didn't last too long. Gotta hit that yard again, maybe tomorrow.......:happy:

[attachment 165381 CIMG6062.jpg]

Very nice Larry. Hope you had at least some shade to hunt in.

Sure looks like you guys had a fun time! The feeling of seeing that big silver is one of those things that lasts long after the hunt! Congratulations on a good hunt. In Seattle here, we don't see the humidity bad but I think I'd trade you some rain for it. (For a couple days at least.) Terrible start to the summer this year....nasty.

91 and humid............rain..............either way you get wet :thumbdown: We have been getting soaked here too and some bad thunderstorms as well, luckily, most of them are at night.

We tried to stay in the shade as much as possible, but both silvers were right out in the sun. I wanted to finish up a large front yard that Rob (rcasio44) and I started to hunt last week. (Both of the silvers were about 6 feet further out where we quit hunting Rob.........:lol:)

Thanks Roy, I would have never guessed I had a big silver under the coil, the VDI was 92 and I thought I had another can, .............nice can.............:laugh:

Thanks, gotta love those big silvers and every one puts a big smile on my face.

I know what that's like. Had a Garrett years ago that showed silver dollar & I figured aluminum can. when I dug it it was a silver dollar boy was that a shocker. Don't you just love surprises:detecting:

Way to go Larry!!! There is no place like a good old yard. I have made my best finds ever in old yards or enpty lots.

Very nice indeed, sometimes don't you wonder why that big old silver coin was still there? Do you wonder how you missed it yourself in the past.... I wonder that sometimes. I'll be somewhere I know I have hunted over many times and I know others have hunted many times but all of a sudden there is a Mercury dime or a buffalo nickel... how does that happen?? I am convinced that there is more involved than we will ever know. Like lightening strikes, sun spots, moisture, even seasonal changes, the exact angle we are approaching the target... so many things could interact.. or maybe someone else removed a piece of iron and didn't recheck. Then there are people who think "That's too big and shallow to be a good target".

I once found a timefuse adapter for a 20# Parrot gun. It was about 2" deep on a construction site that had been hunted by a local club and everyone else for about a month before I heard about the place. Everyone had hunted the upper corner mostly because that was where most everything was found... and that is right where this fuse was... I know many people had to swing over it and dismiss it before I dug it... crazy huh?

Anyway... that is a great find and a great day of hunting!!! Way to go Larry!!

Julien

Well I'm the one who needed to get home. 6 feet, oh well. Nice finds. Rob

Steve and I got back out this morning and lasted a couple of hours. Steve probably found the best find of the weekend, a 1940's Child's' Superman belt buckle.......congratulations Steve........ Nancy Googled the buckle and found one that sold for $275 with the belt............:clapping: I found a silver Cub Scout ring and went back out later and found another silver dime...

[attachment 165432 CIMG6082.jpg]

Had lots of fun hunting with Larry. Dumb us, we forgot to bring water. That cut our hunt short. Everyone, put water on your to bring list. The Superman buckle was a nice addition with the six wheat cents I found.

dont you wish all hunts were that good wtg

i would definately hit her again

sarge

Nice job,Congrats on the finds,Here too it has been terrible hot out,and the humidity makes it worse.

Way to go Larry. :clapping: It's been a few years since I've found a walker. :rage:

I just missed one a couple of night ago. My friend got her. I think I actually went right over it with the ET - I was running the stock coin program (due to high trash) which I do believe will discriminate a shallow half. It was only an inch deep. :sad: