Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I buy a Quattro?

Treasurechic

I have the opportunity to buy a Quattro for just under 300.00. It looks well taken care of. I am looking for a beach Detector but I don't want to spend alot of money. Would it be worth the money?

I owned a quattro many years ago over here in the uk and it was a fantastic machine......it found me loads of great finds.As for use on the beach its up there with the best still and will pull out those deep targets.If you search productive beaches it will pay for itself in no time.
So speaking from personal experience and having used one for a good few years its worth every penny of the asking price if its been well looked after.

I have the opportunity to buy a Quattro for just under 300.00. It looks well taken care of. I am looking for a beach Detector but I don't want to spend alot of money. Would it be worth the money?
Treasure chic, by beach detector, do you mean waterproof?
If not minelabs will go deep on beaches
Tony

I would get an Explorer 2 for around that price. More features over the Quattro like smartfind, FE CO numbers, etc. Better depth and recovery speed too.

I'd go the E-Trac, very deep on the beach. also FE CO numbers, smartfind and more adjustability if you want to. I had a Quattro, sold it and got a E-Trac The difference was night & day.

I'd go the E-Trac, very deep on the beach. also FE CO numbers, smartfind and more adjustability if you want to. I had a Quattro, sold it and got a E-Trac The difference was night & day.
Agreed, if you can afford an Etrac that’s the way to go.

Ive got an etrac and i have owned the quattro as i said earlier.On a beach the quattro will find you just as much stuff as the etrac as will the safari.You dont need all the features of the etrac to be successful on the beach,the quattro is just as deep and far more simple.I used an explorer se for a long while at the beach also and this was no better than the quattro or safari either.All these machines have the same depth and are all great on the beach.