Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:shrug: I think we all thought that Minelab's new machine was going to be

khouse

a 3 pound Etrac. At least that's what I was expecting. Maybe with a brighter back lite or so? . Now we're assuming with the new features it's going to be priced out of our range? Maybe, maybe not? I mean I read a lot of posts in the past mentioning a clock, GPS etc...... I also remember reading negative posts about the Explorer's and Etrac when they first came out. Now the CTX3030 comes along. Well it looks a lot different than I expected. It also has features that on the surface seems trivial. So some seem to fight change. But change a lot of times is a good thing. Let's face it when you dig a 10 inch Walker from an area that's been pounded with other machines the Etrac doesn't feel so heavy. I have to admit I read all about the Etrac's ability to pluck deep targets. I really felt until 5 months ago most of the claims we exaggerations at most. But I became a believer when deep targets were found by Bill S and both of my machines running at max couldn't see them. I watched as he dug silver at depths I had been reading about. So within 2 weeks I had me an Etrac and never looked back. So it has been hinted by Gordon Heritage saying "what if you had the ability to dig deep silver that the Etrac said was deep iron?" That's just one of the features being hinted on. PS: I thought the Etrac was over priced before I bought one. But it's worth every penny. Even though I'll have to sell it to buy a CTX3030!

Man you could not put my thoughts exactly in any better words Kenny. Minelab has not let us down yet with past offerings and other than a few minor features they have seemed to be a company without the gimmicks and smoke and mirror type marketing. I do not think this machine will differ. And I'm in the same boat as you with giving up the etrac, but I think I might listen to a few reviews first before giving up a fine detector.

I definitely agree!

Only time will tell... No solid proof out yet. If may be 3 pounds and a better E-Trac. We shall know soon!

Like I said in another post.....why doesn't Minelab offer a true hipmount version of the E-Trac/CTX 3030. Also White's should do the same with the V3i. Things would sell like hotcakes. Deus was very smart to design their unit the way they did.

righter words have never been spoken !!!!

It will be interesting to see what it has to offer, but better yet lets see how it performs.

I want one!

hershey1 said:
Who would have thought your E-Trac as a back up machine? HH :minelab:

The CTX3030 will be my primary detector, backed up by my E-Trac, backed up by my XP Deus. How's that for a combination? Could it get any better?:drool:

I would love to keep the etrac as a back up. But if I bought a 3030 without first selling the etrac my wife would shoot me!

khouse said:
I would love to keep the etrac as a back up. But if I bought a 3030 without first selling the etrac my wife would shoot me!

I have all of my machines leaning against the wall in my basement. My wife walks by them all the time and never noticed that my M6 was gone and replaced by my XP Deus. The E-Trac kind of looks like the CTX, so she my not even notice that you did old switcharoo act. We're all here for you if she does decide to shoot you. Please make sure that you put your used machines up for sale on the Detector Classified before you kick the bucket.

Hhaha. You got it! Wives don't understand the need to own more machines. Kind of like their need for more purses and shoes. But of course we can't talk about that stuff.......:rage:

khouse said:
Hhaha. You got it! Wives don't understand the need to own more machines. Kind of like their need for more purses and shoes. But of course we can't talk about that stuff.......:rage:

Ehehehe, that is a great analogy. Plus, the cost of shoes really adds up. :starwars:

I want one and will (probably) get one, IF I can afford it, that's the good news! :)---The bad news is if I do get one & like it, I will have to buy another one for my wife--but that's ok because she's a pretty good kid & my best hunting partner! :thumbup:-----All this is based on the fact IF I don't have to sell the farm to get 'em! :tongue:----------Del

unfortunately for ML a lot of hunters are anti ML because of the weight issue .
and thats right across the range .
the older you get you put more pressure on the arm and elbow joints and it aches more .
this means less actual detecting time so less finds.
the xp deus addresses this issue and allows the user to go hunting on all day .
result more finds .