Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SLQ and More!!

I returned to the church ball diamond I've been hunting and I was not disapointed again. The day started out slow with only one wheat but it picked-up after lunch. In total I found 6 wheats one was 1909, a 1960 Rosie, a 1942 Merc and only my 3rd SLQ in 34 years a 1920-S. Finally one with a date and my second this year. I would grade it Fine and that gives it a value of about $30 - $35. It was a big surprize because I thought I was digging a wheat. The VDI was 71 at 7.5 inches and it was hitting close on all 3 frequencies. About 4 inches down in the hole was part of a pulltab so Im suspecting that was the reason for the low VDI. Im working on the video from the hunt Ill post it when Im done.

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg

:clap::super: Very nice Jeff!

I'm anxious to see your video Jeff and congratulations on the SLQ, she is a beauty..........:clapping:

Very nice!

FWIW, I've noticed that too -- stacked targets seem to average their VDI's together.

This is a very impressive hunt! Congratulations on a nice bunch of old coins. The partial pulltab is a great observation. This is probably why it was missed by other detectorist. What was your dominant frequency during pin pointing? I think the V3 has a way of letting the higher conductive targets shine through in situations like this. What was your swing speed and if you don't mind my asking what type of program were you running. Once again, congratulations on some beautiful keepers.

Jack

All 3 frequencies were close to even and the blue was slightly stronger. I always dig if they are all close in strength (that is almost even) and I would say 99% of the time its a good target. My swing speed was about a 3 second pass. I was running High Pro with recovery at 85, I accepted -81 to +95 in Disc. my tone ID was set at 0 for -81 to 0 and factory setting for +1 to +95.

Gain was 7 All metal was 70 and Disc was 87 frequency was also offset at -1 (These settings are set for the area Im in and EMI)

Locktrac on with off set +1 and ground balance every 20 minutes. I had sizing on instead of polar plot in anylyze although I do not use this feature much It seams to not work that great on deeper targets. I would say I use it more on the nickle/gold range targets. I also made a few changes to the color and volume settings

Congrats on the finds and thank you for sharing your program settings. As a newby to the 3i I have alot of work to do.

Congrats on the great finds,looking forward to the video.
LabradorBob

Six wheats and three silvers with one being a dated SLQ is a great day in anyone's book. Nice finds with your Spectra.

What settings were you using?

Andy Sabisch

Andy,
Read further up on this post, its where I posted my settings.