Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

small coil

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
Used a 6" EQ2 for over 1000 hrs. - it's fantastic ( 7" - 8" Dimes ) but I like my 4.5" x 7" more - same or better performance as the 6" - but it's much better at getting in tight spots !
Now... you have me thinking. I love my 6in EQ2, but that smaller coil? I would have to sell my 6in to buy it. is it worth the trade off is my question if I already have the 6.

Back a few months ago when i bought this coil (4.5"x7) i did a air test with it. I know we can't go by air tests but anyways , i set manual sensitivity @ 25 and got 13" with a penny. I thought that was pretty good.

bik-il said:
Phillip NM,

Looking back on any long-term relationship one always remembers the good times. Me and the ET spent years together. I could predict her every move and I came to love the warmth and softness of her voice, and the cute chirpy thing she'd do TTF'ing with me.
It was an emotional breakup, but it was only fair to set her free, since I didn't love her quite the same since CTX came into my life.
CTX was a total looker and man, she could do freaky things for me that I only dreamed about with ET! I was totally smitten.
But as we got settled CTX shrill staccato voice started to wear on my nerves, and she seemed to get a bit beefier as time went on. Oh, she still looked the same , so i'm guessing I was so in love that I didn't pay attention to her heft at first.
We had some great times together, seeing new places and sharing many firsts. She was by my side when I bagged my first walking liberty half and I owe that inspiration to her. No one can ever take that from us!
But alas, she was harder to please than I realized, even though I bought her every accessory ever made! Times got tough, work kept me from taking her out often and giving her the attention she deserved.
Well, all I can say is she is making someone else very happy now. We gave it a go for a year and a half and I will always love her.
But ET will always hold that special place in my heart.
Yet if I had a chance to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

I love the way you tell the story. I'm the same way about my M6. She's found me so many good things, she's like a member of the family. I'm kind of getting that way about the Etrac now, so I can understand your feelings about that one too! Thanks for the clarification - you should be a writer!

My new "6 EQ2 is on the way. The lower price was the determining factor. I'm sure that I'll be happy with this coil.

jspeedy said:
My new "6 EQ2 is on the way. The lower price was the determining factor. I'm sure that I'll be happy with this coil.

Went for the cheaper date I see.
I've found those to be most often the better ones :)

Ordered the 4.5x7 today from JW at Kellyco. Want to say JW is a great guy to talk with,thanks JW.
Looking forward to taking this to some of my nastier spots and give her a whirl.
Want to thank all you guys for your advice and experience concerning the smaller coils.
DocBars, thanks again for your offer,just hope I can repay the favor one day.
HH,
John

From what I've read ...

With "Double D" type coils like the 6" EQ2 - the 4.5" x 7" , the 6" x 8" SEF, etc. - the area of the coil that does the actually searching is a narrow strip that runs up the long axis of the coil.
So this means that the round 6" coil is really a 6" coil - the 4.5" x 7" coil is really a 7" coil and the 6" x 8" coil is really a 8" coil, etc.
The bigger the coil - the deep it should find targets - so ... knowing this - the 4" x 7" coil should hit a little deeper than the 6" EQ2 coil and the 6" x 8 should hit deeper than both of them.

You can find diagrams showing how these coils are designed and how the work on the Internet.

I have had both coils, 1st was the 6" EQ and it was great, flawless in heavy trash & could get 8"-9" on penny or mini-ball, I ran it for a year but wanted a little larger footprint for my saltwater beach hunting here in N..C. to help on trashy beaches, I made a swap wth Elton for his 6x8 sef and I can tell you that it is alsoa great coil, super in trash and I get about 1"+ deeper on the same objects as the 6" EQ but can cover a little more ground because I can visualize the sweep footprint/overlap better, Imho both coils will surprise you with depth and ID capability, I don't know about the 4.5 x 7 coil except what I read but from all accounts it holds its own and is laser like in precision. Btw Thanks again Elton for the trade.