Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

so far....:detecting:

JOHNMARKHAM

so far here at myrtle beach on vacation arrived on sat just as hurricane Irene was heading north,i thought the beach was going to have allot of nice cuts,no cuts sanded in allot tho, few targets,so far the clad is few and far but I'm at 3 quarters,5 dimes,2 nickels and of course lots of Lincolns,the usual junk.. as for rings..only 1 silver so far, but week is still young..so far Ive only seen 2 local detectors,and they was telling me that the targets were far in between. and few..oh i forgot i did get a pair of sun glasses too, I'm using the Excalibur 2 and the at pro, might head out in a few with at pro for some high tide dry sand hunting, both machines are working great...:clapping:
well ill post more updates later...
hope all does better than me, if there's any locals here who might wanna hook up to hunt just message me here....
hh
john

i forgot to add to above post, i did find a key to a condo or motel room too,a small token and 2 brass hinge pins, and what appears to be a 9mm bullet...so there are targets but you gotta really take your time and swing slowly,
ill post more later..
thanks
john

It's out there John...scout around buddy and look for a beach with some heavy rock and shell exposed.

goodluck to you john, hope you find a bunch!!!!!!!!!!! but most of all enjoy yourself.. and be safe. goodhunting.

keep at it john!! good luck and go bucks!!!!!!!!!

OK another update,today was a bit better,same clad finds,the usual bobby pins and pull tabs,i only used the Excalibur today,found a nice pair of fisherman's stainless steel scissors and a fishing weight a large one with a 5 on it, and the grand prize today was a 10k class ring white gold with green emerald .:clapping:
beach still loaded with sand,low tide schedule in the afternoon seems to help a bit,there's tomorrow so ill see how it goes then
hope all did better than i did
hh
john

Congrats on the finds so far, not bad for a sanded in beach. I'll be arriving there on Sept.9th for a weeks holidays that I had planned three months ago. Try and leave a few goodies...:>), so I don't go home empty handed.

HH

John, find out if there is a place behind some jettys or in a bay where is it shallow and moms take their little kids. Ask around, there is bound to be some place like that, There is one at the east end on Panama City Beach, it is maybe twice the size of a football field, but shaped different and it is all shallow, maybe 4' deep all over and it is always full of moms and small children. Of course they are covered in lotion and the moms are constantly reaching down to hold their little kids who grab them by the hands and fingers and easily pull of their rings without mom ever knowing it... That is where you ned to hunt with the Excal... ask around and find it, The other option is to find a shallow area in front of a hotel, Sometimes these areas are found by finding a hotel what sits in a curve of the beach, like the hotel sits at the middle left of a C shaped beach. Those areas tend to be shallow and full of moms and kids... but if you ask around you will probably find that place that is protected from the waves and is shallow and is used by families... and most have money if they are there... money=jewelry.
Also look in the phone book or online and see if you can find 1st a detector dealer and ask if there is somewhere that you might find civil war relics. 2nd, ask a club but IMO they tend to be tight lipped about any place that is any good. Check out where local C forts or activity was and see if there is any construction in the area... find something GOOD!!!

But mst of all, have fun!!!

Weather is here, wish you were beautiful... laff.

Julien

Another thing I try when a beach only gives clad and pulltabs is to search high on the beach, near the dunes. Almost everyone hunts down where people sit and lay but especially afteer the storm, you may find older targets way higher on the beach where others dont normally hunt.Go outside the box.

Julien

hey julien,
thanks for the info,Ive had to resort to my old beach hunting skills i learned while all those years when i lived in Florida,still a bit rusty but so far this week,3 rings,2 gold and 1 silver and all the clad and the usual junk,ill post pics when i get home this weekend, this area is really sanded in,Ive talked to a few of the local guys who hunt this beach and they have confirmed the same, I'm not sure what kind of luck they have had, you know we detectorist don't always tell about our finds to those we don't know?? with the low tides in the afternoon and getting later in the day everyday this week,i can watch where those play and swim at and when low tide goes out then i can check those areas out,or walk the waters edge,at night i can walk the dry sand area were everyone seems to be walking which seems to be high near the dunes this week...i still have a few more days to hunt still looking for those rings...ill keep updating on this thread..
hope all does better than i do:detecting:
hh
john

John, What address or Location are you Detecting. ( North M.Beach, Windy Hill, Cherry Grove, or South toward Surfside- Garden City--goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

goldnugget said:
well ive been on north myrtle beach windy hill, today im headed to cherry grove and im gonna walk to north myrtle beach back, im thinking its about 3-5 miles maybe?? ill walk as far as i can then ill call for a ride back if needed..
ill post more tonight.
hh
john.
John, What address or Location are you Detecting. ( North M.Beach, Windy Hill, Cherry Grove, or South toward Surfside- Garden City--goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

Good Luck john and Congrads on the Gold.......

Ive posted pics on my facebook profile if anyone cares to check them out..i don't have software here with me to upload on here, ill try to upload when i get home,
today i walked 6 miles from cherry grove to windy hill beach, no gold or silver today, just the usual clad and junk, and sore knees and sore feet...I'm not hunting on Friday,time to just relax and play...heading back on sat am..
good luck to all that might be headed for myrtle beach,still sanded in allot..
hh
john