Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Solid coil covers for the Smart Coils

rickinsdakota

Does anyone know if there are solid coil covers available for the Smart Coils. I have all three coils and mainly hunt heavy brush areas.

Oh your talking about those covers that completely envelopes the coil top and bottom?

Haven't seen them :rofl:

I would try one out though since mine frequently gets snagged, but the weight would probably be excessive, at least for the 17 incher, unless you have strong arms or have a harness.

DUCT TAPE??? :thumbup:

A Tesoro 11" Widescan Solid cover fits over the Minelab coil and cover to give you a solid bottom, remember you need to leave on the minelab coil cover ON and the tesoro one fits perfectly over the top. Dont know about the smaller coil but maybe a small tesoro one might fit the 6".

On that note, would it be practical to seal the coil cover to the coil with expoy? I get a lot of sand in between the coil and cover when beach detecting. Probably becomes a warranty issue, but it is amazing how much sand gets between the two.

jeffc said:
On that note, would it be practical to seal the coil cover to the coil with expoy? I get a lot of sand in between the coil and cover when beach detecting. Probably becomes a warranty issue, but it is amazing how much sand gets between the two.
As loose as the coil cover is sand goes right in and out during the hunt. I swing on top near dry sand it fills the next down by the water it empties with a wave. If you going parallel to the ocean (have always heard you should not do this I rarely do!) then you may encounter sand build up.

BCNJ

Frisbe cut to size and zip ties :cheers:

I had a really great idea, get a big can of Plast Dip and coat your coil with it. A shallow pan that's obviously bigger than 11" is required, pour in the Plasti Dip and slowly dip your coil in it. I may try this myself. I'm not encouraging anyone to actually do this because I haven't tested it myself, just throwing it out there though. Plasti Dip