Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stolen Whites Spectra V3i from Ashland Massachusetts. It is registered in my name and only i have passcode. It it still of value to thief?

My Whites Spectra V3i detector, case, headphones and more was stolen from Ashland Massachusetts. It is registered in my name and I have passcode. Is it of value to thief?
Wow that sucks I'm in Ct leave my D2 and manticore in my car all the time but I lock it.Was
your car locked?
Mark

My Whites Spectra V3i detector, case, headphones and more was stolen from Ashland Massachusetts. It is registered in my name and I have passcode. Is it of value to thief?
Wow, that definitely sucks. Your best bet at this time is that your contact information is on track, so a pawn shop employee has a chance to contact you, AND to report the loss by a thief to both White's detector service centers.
https://centrevilleelectronicsnw.com/
https://centrevilleelectronics.net/
and you have to report it to the police of course.

Right now there are a few V3i units in circulation and the "owner" say they lost the passcode or they didn't write it down... I'd always be carerful to buy a registered detector without the code. In the past only White's was able to change the detector to unregistered, but since they shut the doors their tools were gone.
A registered one works like a unregistered and if someone is willing to buy it... your best chance is the detector becomes faulty and is send in for repair.
Hopefully it will find back home.🤞🍀

Wow, that definitely sucks. Your best bet at this time is that your contact information is on track, so a pawn shop employee has a chance to contact you, AND to report the loss by a thief to both White's detector service centers.
https://centrevilleelectronicsnw.com/
https://centrevilleelectronics.net/
and you have to report it to the police of course.

Right now there are a few V3i units in circulation and the "owner" say they lost the passcode or they didn't write it down... I'd always be carerful to buy a registered detector without the code. In the past only White's was able to change the detector to unregistered, but since they shut the doors their tools were gone.
A registered one works like a unregistered and if someone is willing to buy it... your best chance is the detector becomes faulty and is send in for repair.
Hopefully it will find back home.🤞🍀
Vito, thank you so much for that information. I had no idea that there was a stolen registration . I am hopeful.

Report it to the police. Not sure about your state but the Pawn Shops in my area are checked by police. If something is turned in that has a owners info in it the pd is contacted by the pawn shop. People turning in items for pawn have to provide id and it is on record with the shop.

Report it to the police. Not sure about your state but the Pawn Shops in my area are checked by police. If something is turned in that has a owners info in it the pd is contacted by the pawn shop. People turning in items for pawn have to provide id and it is on record with the shop.
It may have been taken back in October. Estate is just being gone through but my detector is not listed. It has been over 5 months. Will reporting it o police even be helpful?

I saw a 3DVI for sale on another site for $375. I thought that was very cheap considering I paid about 2 grand for mine a few yrs ago. I’m not sure what site that was on, I was web surfing but will try to find it and let know. Its possible that it could be yours.

It is truly sad when you hear of someone being a victim of theft. When I have been a victim, I become totally dedicated/obsessed to finding my chattel.
Most always it is a family member, friend, someone that you trusted. I have a very high rate of success in solving who stole anything from me.
Normally you will 'see' indicators who it was that stole from you. It is sad to be forced into reality that someone aforementioned is highly suspect.
In my younger days all I asked for is that if they could take it, could they take the *** whipping that came with it?
Who are the biggest White's Spectra V3i die hard, and White's metal detector overall?
Allow me to nominate: Vito.
To be able to win the honor of being the biggest White's Spectra V3i, and collectively White's metal detector one must have demonstrated through the years the love for the White's metal detector. Likewise, they must have demonstrated a love for the aforementioned by responding to the 'fellow die hards' (including myself).
Therefore, I respectfully nominate the prestigious honors to:
Vito.

Leatherneck

Semper fidelis

I saw a 3DVI for sale on another site for $375. I thought that was very cheap considering I paid about 2 grand for mine a few yrs ago. I’m not sure what site that was on, I was web surfing but will try to find it and let know. Its possible that it could be yours.
Thank you so much. The timeline would be September 2023- March 2024. The estate has been in flux since he died without a will. Thank you for your help and concern.

Wills are so important! The last week in August, 1998 my wife and I had our wills made. She was going with her best friend to Europe to visit her friends daughter the next week. I suggested we wait until she returned from their trip to sign the wills but she insisted we sign them before the trip. We signed the wills and 5 days later the plane crashed killing all 229 aboard. She was smarter than me. Please do not go through life without a will. No telling what would have happened without it.

It is truly sad when you hear of someone being a victim of theft. When I have been a victim, I become totally dedicated/obsessed to finding my chattel.
Most always it is a family member, friend, someone that you trusted. I have a very high rate of success in solving who stole anything from me.
Normally you will 'see' indicators who it was that stole from you. It is sad to be forced into reality that someone aforementioned is highly suspect.
In my younger days all I asked for is that if they could take it, could they take the *** whipping that came with it?
Who are the biggest White's Spectra V3i die hard, and White's metal detector overall?
Allow me to nominate: Vito.
To be able to win the honor of being the biggest White's Spectra V3i, and collectively White's metal detector one must have demonstrated through the years the love for the White's metal detector. Likewise, they must have demonstrated a love for the aforementioned by responding to the 'fellow die hards' (including myself).
Therefore, I respectfully nominate the prestigious honors to:
Vito.

Leatherneck

Semper fidelis
@#1Leatherneck - THAT saying is a lot to much. There are other nice guys and gals here that will have a lot more knowledge i.e. Nancy & Larry (IL) and Carl-NC. Larry tested the V3 as I know and Carl was the leading engeneer for the Spectra series. AND I think they have a lot more insight.

Stolen Whites Spectra V3i from Ashland Massachusetts. It is registered in my name and only i have passcode. It it still of value to thief?​

Most likely it is still very valuable to thief. If a thief stole it to use it the value could not have been depreciated?
If a thief stole it to sale, it few would have any knowledge that it even had a passcode?
If it ever turned up in a pawn shop then it would help to regain possession of your chattel. Likewise, if it ever went to a place to be repaired most likely the passcode and any registered information would be helpful in gaining possession. I believe there are reasons to believe you may someday have it returned. I am very careful in giving you any false hopes. I still believe there are reasons to have 'some' hope. I am a very positive person. I am very sad to hear you lost your V3i. I 'study' my V3i constantly. I believe it is the best instructor a person could ever hold in their hand and learn metal detecting from. Some of my words may bring a tear to your eyes, and if it does I am sorry.
Semper fidelis
Leatherneck

@#1Leatherneck - THAT saying is a lot to much. There are other nice guys and gals here that will have a lot more knowledge i.e. Nancy & Larry (IL) and Carl-NC. Larry tested the V3 as I know and Carl was the leading engeneer for the Spectra series. AND I think they have a lot more insight.
Vito,
I agree with everything you said. You "[T]o be able to win the honor of being the biggest White's Spectra V3i, and collectively White's metal detector one must have demonstrated through the years the love for the White's metal detector. Likewise, they must have demonstrated a love for the aforementioned by responding to the 'fellow die hards' (including myself). You have certainly filled those requisites as evidenced by your responses here. You are greatly appreciated for all that you do.
Your elaborating "[T]here are other nice guys and gals here that will have a lot more knowledge i.e. Nancy & Larry (IL) and Carl-NC. Larry tested the V3 as I know and Carl was the leading engeneer (sic) engineer)) for the Spectra series. AND I think they have a lot more insight. My nominating you was to be limited to:
"[T]o be able to win the honor of being the biggest White's Spectra V3i, and collectively White's metal detector one must have demonstrated through the years the love for the White's metal detector. Likewise, they must have demonstrated a love for the aforementioned by responding to the 'fellow die hards' (including myself).
Therefore, I respectfully nominate the prestigious honors to: Vito."
I realize quite well there are "[T]here are other nice guys and gals here that will have a lot more knowledge i.e. Nancy & Larry (IL) and Carl-NC. Larry tested the V3 as I know and Carl was the leading engeneer (sic) engineer)) for the Spectra series. AND I think they have a lot more insight."
We are all die hards as evidenced we are here. Sadly, the V3i appears to be history more so with each passing day. I will always keep mine. It is the best instructor I could possibly hold in my hand. Undisputedly, no one can deny the V3i teaches patience.
I appreciate the fact this White's forum is filled with many that are knowledgeable.
What would 'we' die hards do without it?
Vito, thank you for all that you (and others) do. Each and everyone here is greatly appreciated.

Semper fidelis
Leatherneck

Stolen Whites Spectra V3i from Ashland Massachusetts. It is registered in my name and only i have passcode. It it still of value to thief?​

Most likely it is still very valuable to thief. If a thief stole it to use it the value could not have been depreciated?
If a thief stole it to sale, it few would have any knowledge that it even had a passcode?
If it ever turned up in a pawn shop then it would help to regain possession of your chattel. Likewise, if it ever went to a place to be repaired most likely the passcode and any registered information would be helpful in gaining possession. I believe there are reasons to believe you may someday have it returned. I am very careful in giving you any false hopes. I still believe there are reasons to have 'some' hope. I am a very positive person. I am very sad to hear you lost your V3i. I 'study' my V3i constantly. I believe it is the best instructor a person could ever hold in their hand and learn metal detecting from. Some of my words may bring a tear to your eyes, and if it does I am sorry.
Semper fidelis
Leatherneck
That is correct, #1. But even a "NEWBIE" will see it is registred if the Spectra V3(i) is switched on. At this point a "NEW" owner should be aware it could be a stolen device.
At this point I'd compare that the "SELLER" is the one who regitered or, if not, try to conact what is written to the contact information.
All very well explained by Mr. Howard in an instruction video...

Vito,
I agree with everything you said.

That is correct, #1. But even a "NEWBIE" will see it is registred if the Spectra V3(i) is switched on. At this point a "NEW" owner should be aware it could be a stolen device.
At this point I'd compare that the "SELLER" is the one who regitered or, if not, try to conact what is written to the contact information.
All very well explained by Mr. Howard in an instruction video...
Undisputedly, I and many others have watched this video and as I did insert this information for the purpose of having hope that if it was 'ever' 'lost' it would be returned.
With all relevant information it would be hard to place the statement: It was stolen!
" had let my brother 'borrow it'. He passed away while in possession of it and now it cannot be found. At best one could only say it is misplaced? Not stolen!
After all the 'owner' did not know it was registered!
"[V]ito, thank you so much for that information. I had no idea that there was a stolen registration . I am hopeful." (post # 7).

Arguendo, if a person steals a car and is driving with an accomplice imagine the accomplice saying 'you cannot drive this car you do not have a driver license'!
The analogy is synonymous. No one that has that White's Spectra V3i cares if the machine is registered; likewise, most likely does not even have any knowledge if it is or not. (my opinion). If it is registered or not now that White's is no longer in business is there any record of registration?
" had let my brother 'borrow it'. He passed away while in possession of it and now it cannot be found." (post # 4). At best one could only say it is misplaced? Not stolen! When was it stolen? Who had possession of it when it was stolen?
This is a difficult thread to follow: My Whites Spectra V3i detector, case, headphones and more was stolen from Ashland Massachusetts. it is registered in my name and I have passcode. Is it of value to thief? (post #1).
Vito, thank you so much for that information. I had no idea that there was a stolen registration . I am hopeful. (post # 7).

Could anyone explain It is registered in my name . . . I had no idea that there was a stolen registration.