Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stopped one time to change an almost flat tire

LabradorBob

Staff member
Just happened to catch this rattle snake watching me.
kind of had an uneasy feeling so i tried to keep an eye in it's direction!

LabradorBob

n/t

n/t

Canebrake, Crotalus horridus.
They are the most beautiful timbers there are.

n/t

and you need to be careful this time of year. It is common to find them near a road, so be careful if you pull off to the side of the road. You should also be on the look out for them around stock tanks because they are looking for water when it gets hot and dry. Kelley (Texas) :)

I was looking at the missouri department of conservation,and they were showing the canebreak rattlers only in the extreme
southeast of Missouri in the very bottom of the bootheel.
But reading about the snake it says they travel a great distance,and have anywhere from 5 to 18 young at a time.
This one was in Oregon county Mo,but only about 2 miles from shannon county Mo!

LabradorBob

but it is not unusual to find a stray one far from it's normal territory. Did he rattle to give you a warning, or did you just spot him in the weeds? Kelley (Texas) :)

It is pretty. In Texas...the saying goes...when you see one Diamondback Rattlesnake...watch out...cause they travel in pairs!

Kelley (Texas) said:
but it is not unusual to find a stray one far from it's normal territory. Did he rattle to give you a warning, or did you just spot him in the weeds? Kelley (Texas) :)

It is a Canebreak Rattler! and i just happen to spot him coming through the grass with his head held high.
When i got closer he tried to hide.

LabradorBob

I second that emotion! Don't get me wrong, I don't hate snakes (And spiders) I just like to keep my distance. Also Alligators and sharks.
Cal

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=canebrake+rattlesnake&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=lE9nTKj8JYOBlAexrJmeBQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDYQsAQwAw

Allthough i have heard it applied to ( and have seen it), the cottonmouth.

of the timbers Fred.
I have collected some very beautifull ones in NC in the past.
I have some pretty cool videos of some of my captive bred ones giving birth.
I have no clue on how to git the vids on here to share 'em tho.

If you spot one, you can be assured that there is another one close by in the area. Kelley (Texas) :)

I was aware of cotton mouths doin this but not aware of the western diamond back doin it.
I have never (yet) had the opportunity to hunt westerns but when i do i'm thankfull you guys told me this.
Do you guys happen to know why the western does this?

The cottonmouth will actualy hunt in pairs.
It is an amush tactic. One keeps the preys' attention while the other one gets it.
They will ambush humans that encroach thier territory this way also.

n/t