Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

storage

No. Extreme temps, hot or cold may very well damage the detector.

No Worries... It'll Be Fine....:thumbup:
L2.png

I wouldnt chance storing anything electronic in extreme temperatures, even with batteries removed/disabled.

The manual says no.
Look at the temp ratings.
I hunt the ice on the beach in winter.
Quite often below zero.
But that's only for a few hours.
Never leave your machine in temp extremes.
Hot or cold.

I hunt all winter long freezing cold sometimes with mine in car and never had a problem with the cold battery will drain
quicker.
Mark

My poor little 2001 Ford Ranger has survived 22 years outside in SE Colorado in temperatures from -15 to 113 degrees. Everything still works like a champ except the mechanical part that changes CDs in the radio. It usually has one detector or another residing inside and they all still work fine too. I would surmise that the space station and satellites have some electronics inside and outside in -454 F. weather, too. I would think problems with the batteries (low voltage, leakage) has more to do with the manufacturers recommendations than the electronics. Maybe Carl NC will respond. He can change my mind easily.

Nothing wrong with storing them where it is warm, however. I would recommend it if you are worried about it. Confidence goes a long ways in detecting situations.

One of the warmer days in Fairbanks;

Attachments

• 40below.jpg
    40below.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 29
Long term storage of electronics in extreme cold temperatures is not good for them. The components get brittle and weak. Condensation will cause corrosion and damage circuit boards. A good bit of info: https://electronicshacks.com/can-electronics-get-too-cold/ .
I would agree with this condensation will kill it going from warm to cold garage gets warm in day and cold at night vice versa it will condensate seen it in my garage you need to keep humidity the same that means air flow otherwise things get wet . sube