Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday Hunt

Delta Digger

Got out for a few hours this past Sunday. Went back to the old school I've been hunting for the past few years. I noticed they have cleared alot of trees from this area. All the places that I couldn't access was now open. Not much for the next hr or so. Then I hit a spot that must have been an old area. This school was built in 1920. I got a reading of 12/10. Sounded good figure I'll dig it. Seen a small silver disc thinking what's this. Kinda small for a dime. It was a 1944 centavos filipinas coin. Cool never dug one of those before and it's silver. Next few minutes I get a 12/13/15 signal. Now I know this is a Nickel signal. To my surprise it was a shield Nickel. It's pretty toasted. About 4 minutes later another 12/13/15 signal. Another shield Nickel. It was pretty toasted as well. I have both soaking in olive oil. That was my luck for the day. Not too bad of a day Atleast I got out and had fun.

I would say it is a little more than luck. Skill with your machine, persistence in hunting .... just imagine how many people have detected, and missed those very nice coins....:thumbup:

I agree with what you said. This place has been pounded pretty hard over the years.. Mostly from the 80s and 90s and with whites detectors. The e-trac surprises me at times. Everytime I decide to buy the ctx 3030 the etrac comes through. I wish we had some rain the ground is like concrete. I will go back this Sunday after work and hit it again.

Great finds Delta. Your soil looks just like mine here in TN. I can't wait for some real rain. Pretty amazing finding TWO shield nickels in one hunt and the silver coin is a great find. Just shows it always pays to dig it all. BTW, I am hunting with your old E-Trac that you sold to a fellow in TN. Still working great and has given me a lot of great finds the past couple months. HH

Yep, it was in very nice condition and still is. Gets a bath after every hunt. LOL

Your finds show that the area has been hunted. Those older Detectors just really did not pick up Nickles very well. My Etrac purrs like a cat when I hit one. Get a little rain and it will do twice as good. My Etrac don't do very well in dry ground and the ground here is just too hard to hunt right now. Even if you can dig the target you kill the grass then the wind blows the dust out of the hole.

2 shields in one day is a great day. Let us know if you can pull some dates off them.
I did it once with a 1867 and 1872 within and hour.
congrats!

I tried to pull the dates off. But they were to roached out to see anything. These coins had to be in the ground for a long time. Never dug any that looked that bad. I changed out my coil from the sunray x5 to the coltec Joey. I started along the outside of where the trees use to stand. I started getting Nickel signals every few minutes or so. The area I was in use to have a swing underneath the tree. I guess that's where most kids lost their change. Running around playing and stuff. The Buffalo Nickels some have dates other do not. Found a few war nickels also. Found this arrow head at another location.

Not bad indeed. Two shields in one hunt is spectacular!

Nice to get those shield nickels, don't see them dug as often. Love the cool War time centavos. And digging all those buffalos and war nickels is crazy! Keep it up!