Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tell us how long you been Metal Detecting

Bought my first detector at 28 in 1972 for $129.99 plus tax...
94B.jpg
94B_3.jpg
94B_2.jpg

I bought my first two detectors (Compass & Whites) in 1975--48 yrs. ago.----I'm pushing 85 yrs. young now & still absolutely loving the hobby.----My wife loves the hobby just as much as I do & we still hunt together all the time.----I'm not saying how old she is---but she's 4 yrs. younger than I. :)

I bought my first two detectors (Compass & Whites) in 1975--48 yrs. ago.----I'm pushing 85 yrs. young now & still absolutely loving the hobby.----My wife loves the hobby just as much as I do & we still hunt together all the time.----I'm not saying how old she is---but she's 4 yrs. younger than I. :)
Your another one I would love set by a campfire
and hear the stories on your metal detector adventures,thanks for sharing

ACTUALLY , let me clarify my answer as to when I started... my interest really began back in 1973 ( age 13 ) when a whites dealer came to my house for a demo with my moms approval . He had various units with him and he hunted our vast yard for about an hr. Not a single coin to be found, but lots of hot rocks... Cheapest detector he had was 99 bucks and I had roughly 60 bucks saved.. Mom thought it was a stupid purchase and wouldn't chip in the rest.. Took an additional 20 yrs till my first detector was seen.. A whites 4900d black box under the christmas tree from my wife.

That's my story.. Mark ( ohio )

Started in 1976 Whites. :wiggle: