Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The eagle has landed!

Charles (Upstate NY)

Whoa it looks pretty cool!

etrac.jpg

You must be a gunnie, filing off the end of the serial number like that. :)

Looks like an Explorer in the box like that. :D I've been debating on or off whether to pick one up but the lack of being able to hunt via tone--from what I've heard--still puts me off. Hopefully the next version of the E-Trac will have an Explorer-like setting as well as downloadable software updating. (I can think of some other uses for the USB port but that's the main thing I'd like it to be used for.) Either way, by the time I get one, you'll probably have that puppy dissected.

Going to post your thoughts on it as you go along on your web page?

I wonder what number they started with. 1366X here... I don't know why Charles used the XX but i'm not taking any chances... laff.

Julien

14195----Purchased right on the release date.----What are we trying to determine here?----If there is in fact "problem" E Tracs out there, they don't appear to be in any "close group" of S/N's."----It's more like a random problem detector showing up (S/N wise), here & there.-----If we would get more S/N reports, maybe something more could be determined.------Del

What happened to that first shipment in the US being only 200 machines??? Are they counting by hundreds? I bought mine out of that very first shipment too:shrug:

digitrich-----You finally told us!----It's looking like a random thing more all the time, isn't it?-----Ray gave his S/N & it APPEARS to be one of the earlier ones.---But my guess is--that the S/N sequence isn't going to have anything to do with it.--The only way we would know if there is a "problem" run of E Tracs is by owners reporting in the problem (and their S/N's).----This may VERY WELL play out to be the same as MANY other new products that come "on market"---that being the fact that unfortunately there is some "bugs" to be worked out.---And this IS a new product--they have been telling us that over & over.---It may look like a duck (Explorer) and quack (SOMETHING like a duck--Explorer)---but it AIN'T no duck---uh, I mean Explorer.---Repeat that to yourself 10 times everytime you go hunting with it.-----Seriously, I really feel for anyone that has operational problems with it (E Trac) but I'm believing (knowing) Minelab will resolve any SERIOUS problems that crop up.---They did with the evolving Explorer line and they will in the future.----I DO NOT WORK FOR MINELAB!!!!----I'm just an old guy that ain't no expert on nothin---but LOVES "TECTIN"!---------Del

Del, I think we were trying to determine if those alleged "problem units" were randomly scattered through the reported serial numbers or clustered in some range. I think we were also curious about how many E-Tracs were actually released in the US - I'd heard that the first wave was just 100...someone else quoted 200, but the numbers that are being reported here don't seem to support these figures unless the serial numbers are non-linear. There seems to be a lot of "mystery" surrounding the E-Trac :confused: :shrug:

Erik----I suppose the best & simplest way would be to get in touch with Minelab & ask them.---How many E Tracs was released in the U.S.?---That shouldn't be "top secret" info. (at least now) and it would be an important starting point.--At least you would know what kind of numbers you were dealing with here in the U.S.---As far as whether those S/N's are linear or non-linear---that's another matter-you're going to have trouble with that one and it was there with the SE also.--Mainly because Minelab sells to many countries.--That's what I ran into when I checked in with Minelab sometime back in regard to S/N sequence & latest S/N's on the SE.--They certainly would have S/N records of detectors sent to this country but I doubt they would ever reveal that info (understandably).----As I stated earlier--the only way to "nail down" problem areas is by user reports & with S/N's reported.--Even then, it's just going to reveal the problem areas-not a certain "run" of S/N's because of the reason I already stated.---So it's actually a percentage game--try & find out how many E Tracs have been released in the U.S. and get legitimate reports of problem areas by users and see where you're at (take it from there).----BTW--I'm not trying to lay all this on you---you're just handy to talk to & discuss this with. :thumbup:---------Del

Wow, That serial number is where my extended warranty #'s are at. The detector serial number is on the back of the screen and starts with a XQ1? If yours is the serial number, then it is unusually high (at least from what #'s I have seen).

Good point coinnut!---My ESP #'s are in that range to.----Are you SURE that isn't your ESP # digitrich?

digitrich----Now you ARE scareing me!!!----My S/N is 14195 :yikes:----Not to worry though--my machine is fine and gets GOOD depth.---This thing HAS to be a random problem.--I sure hope you can get it taken care of-you've really been thru it man.-----Del

and on the package box it's call control box and it does not show the XQ1. Now could it be that the depth situation is on the units that have # 12XXX, is there any with 12XXX having good depth? My unit yesterday was finding coins in trash down to 8 inches with the 6" DD excellerator and nothing was found deeper with the Pro coil, also my friend with his Explorer II found nothing deeper then 8". Every target I found with the E=Trac my friend was able to detect with the Explorer and everything he detected my E-Trac saw also. It just seems to me that it took him seconds longer to decide if it was a coin or not.