Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The great Equinox conspiracy.

Beyonder said:
Well, as of today my ground is like concrete and my season is over. Okay Minelab, that's your que to release the machine.

Ha, yeah here too... We will take one for the team.. Unleash the Equinox....

When I first saw it was very excited as time has went on and no info well the excitement has faded ALOT..... if obsoletes all single vlf detectors then leak some info on it. I get it needs to be right when its released but isn't the detecting world the only place a company gets by with showing you something and then saying we will get it to you when we get it ready... so if I pre order it might be a 2 weeks or 6 months before I get my detector ! Just saying.

No, that happens with lots of things. Big release parties, major press, demos, lots of hands-on. They usually don't give hard release dates. Some time they give rough timelines and sometimes they miss those. It happens with cars, video games, phones, cameras.... just because you don't follow those areas like a fanboy (like we all do with our detectors) you would never know. You think XBOX gamers know anything about the waiting for the newest DEUS coil, or the latest Tesoro, or this Equinox?

calabash digger said:
When I first saw it was very excited as time has went on and no info well the excitement has faded ALOT..... if obsoletes all single vlf detectors then leak some info on it. I get it needs to be right when its released but isn't the detecting world the only place a company gets by with showing you something and then saying we will get it to you when we get it ready... so if I pre order it might be a 2 weeks or 6 months before I get my detector ! Just saying.

"I was X cited as well! And I used work for them so I know it'll be good ( how good we don't yet know?)

But as the weeks turned into months waiting for it, I turned my attention to my 'DEUS', and I have had a long hot/cold affair with it for many 'a year'
Heck, I even upgraded it to V.4.0
And I can honestly say, right now it suits my hunting requirements to a T as I'm predominantly searching open farm fields that have had crops taken off and they are in stubble waiting to be plowed which, will probably happen in February 2018

On a lot of fields that I have permissions on and on some friends permissions, I can walk hundreds of feet without a signal with the exception of stray ferrous junk.
That is easy to identify with the Iron Volume and I just tune in to the other stuff!

So I'm quite happy for now thank you very much!"

that's true and funny. They probably know about as much as I do about what new game is coming out.. lol
Jason in Enid said:
No, that happens with lots of things. Big release parties, major press, demos, lots of hands-on. They usually don't give hard release dates. Some time they give rough timelines and sometimes they miss those. It happens with cars, video games, phones, cameras.... just because you don't follow those areas like a fanboy (like we all do with our detectors) you would never know. You think XBOX gamers know anything about the waiting for the newest DEUS coil, or the latest Tesoro, or this Equinox?

I spent nearly 14 years in the Retail Trade. Companies would announce new products and months later we would get them in the store. A Prime example is a Major Firearms Manufacturer announced that it had a new semi-automatic shotgun that would shoot All lengths of 12 Ga shot shells without having to make any changes to the firearm.

They invited a group of sporting good buyers from major companies to a Dove Hunt in South Georgia. When the Dove started flying it was found that not a single one of the Latest Greatest Shotguns would eject the lower powered shell designed for Dove Hunting So in essence they had a single shot shotgun that carried more shells than the typical single shot shotgun. The manufacturer immediately let those of us who sold there products that the release would be delayed and the reason behind the delay.

It took the company nearly six months before they were able to get the problem solved where the gun would actually do what they advertised. Once they the problems corrected it was a very popular firearm.

I currently would not want to be a Minelab Dealer with all the Secrecy that Minelab seems to feel is necessary. A SWAG from minelab as to when they think the machine might be ready certainly would calm a lot of anxious potential buyers. But No Minelab chooses to keep us all in the dark.

Des D said:
"I was X cited as well! And I used work for them so I know it'll be good ( how good we don't yet know?)

But as the weeks turned into months waiting for it, I turned my attention to my 'DEUS', and I have had a long hot/cold affair with it for many 'a year'
Heck, I even upgraded it to V.4.0
And I can honestly say, right now it suits my hunting requirements to a T as I'm predominantly searching open farm fields that have had crops taken off and they are in stubble waiting to be plowed which, will probably happen in February 2018

On a lot of fields that I have permissions on and on some friends permissions, I can walk hundreds of feet without a signal with the exception of stray ferrous junk.
That is easy to identify with the Iron Volume and I just tune in to the other stuff!

So I'm quite happy for now thank you very much!"

Des,

It's a good thing you didn't sell all of your other detectors (I'm betting that would take some doing btw) so you could acquire an Equinox. It seems there was a wave of panic amongst some detectorists that the detector(s) that were their pride and joy were suddenly of little or no value with the pending release of the Equinox. The classifieds have been full of detectors For Sale.

Should Minelab require more time before putting the Equinox on the shelves, those that shed themselves of 'obsolete' detectors could be left looking to borrow a detector as the wait continues.

Rich

GeorgeinSC said:
But No Minelab chooses to keep us all in the dark.

I think they are in a no-win situation with this. They're trying to skirt the razor's edge with getting the latest toy to the store shelves as absolutely fast as possible. So they issue a general expected release time based on their projection timelines. But something happens and now they've missed the mark. So, do they issue a new timeline and risk even more customer wrath if they miss that one too, or do they go silent and it will be out when its ready? Damned if they, damned if they don't.

Rich (Utah) said:
It's a good thing you didn't sell all of your other detectors (I'm betting that would take some doing btw) so you could acquire an Equinox. It seems there was a wave of panic amongst some detectorists that the detector(s) that were their pride and joy were suddenly of little or no value with the pending release of the Equinox. The classifieds have been full of detectors For Sale.

Should Minelab require more time before putting the Equinox on the shelves, those that shed themselves of 'obsolete' detectors could be left looking to borrow a detector as the wait continues.

Rich

anyone who treats detectors like speculator's investments are bound to get burned! I think a lot of the sales we see are the typical beginning of winter sell offs.

GeorgeinSC said:
..... A SWAG from minelab as to when they think the machine might be ready certainly would calm a lot of anxious potential buyers. But No Minelab chooses to keep us all in the dark.

I think its Brilliant Marketing. I mean, just look at all the gnashing of teeth that is going on here alone. Then think about how much one would have to pay for that kind of publicity. + they are reaching their exact target audience too.

Its not as if they lied to anybody , they always said they would like to release it sooner but it would probably be Jan. or Feb. The possibility that it may be sooner has obviously upset some people since it didn't happen , but hey......Minelab never stated it was for sure releasing in December. They are not yet late in releasing this detector. Its been this long , surely another month of waiting shouldn't hurt anybody. Be patient , and who knows , maybe the rumors of new machines coming out from other manufacturers in 2018 will give you some other nice options before you jump on the EQ ? .....or make you regret pre ordering it LOL..... For me the wait isn't much of an issue , since I haven't figured out how to fit an EQ into the budget. Could be I have to save for a while , my wife already rolled her eyes and walked away when I brought it up and for her that's as good as saying " keep on dreaming buddy ". But she keeps seeing me drooling over this detector so I haven't given up hope yet , though I'm probably gonna have to spend all next summer hunting clad like a madman to come up with most of it. I'm anxiously awaiting some real reviews , but the more time they have had to perfect this machine the better.

Have you tried to sell a mid priced detector lately? I have tried selling a few different machines lately and nobody is biting, they are all waiting for the be all end all detector from minelab thats supposed to make all others obsolete. It seems like its killing the secondary market on mid priced detectors. IMHO.

Exactly right, coinspader. In my case -- I just sold an Explorer SE Pro, finally, which I've been trying to sell for like 10 days. That may not sound like a lot, but it wasn't that long ago an Explorer was good as gone, if you priced it right. I ended up having to lower the price several times, and STILL couldn't get anyone on the forums to bite -- even lowering it to $399! It finally sold on ebay, but for MUCH less than would have been the case even 6 months ago...

The Equinox, however, has not only had an effect on the "used" market (in my opinion), it's having an even larger effect (my opinion) on the NEW market. First Texas slashed prices on their top end machines, and I think other manufacturers are going to have to follow suit -- with current, AND with NEW offerings. I would like to think that, at least for awhile, the days of $2500 VLF coin/relic units are OVER.

Steve

coinspader said:
Have you tried to sell a mid priced detector lately? I have tried selling a few different machines lately and nobody is biting, they are all waiting for the be all end all detector from minelab thats supposed to make all others obsolete. It seems like its killing the secondary market on mid priced detectors. IMHO.

Yup , its killing the market on anything that isn't a Minelab EQ , new or used. But you cant blame anybody really , who wouldn't want to wait and check this thing out before buying something else ? ......even if not necessarily interested in the EQ at the moment. If it don't make all other detectors obsolete , it will atleast make them all very cheap to buy LOL....

The people that have failed to sell their old detectors will soon realize they waited too long. This Equinox detector has already changed the hobby and used market prices. Minelab needs to realize that they also killed their own sales of other models. The ETRAC, Excalibur, and yes the CTX are all going to suffer. Even the 705's will become stagnant in sales. Change to expensive gold coils when I can just change to 40 mHz? The used detector market has changed very quickly indeed. So has the new one. F75? AT Max? Even the Impact and Deus!l top selling detectors that were revered for performance and dollar value. The only conspiracy is killing the value of other detectors.

can anybody translate?[video]https://youtu.be/KCDlUUEqIto[/video]

Click on the settings star at bottom right of vid....click on subtitles or translate ..keep messing with it till you can stroll down to English

Alas, the Equinox appears now to be the EquiNOT! Lol... The one good thing about this ridiculously long wait time is that I’ve decided not to sell any machines in order to ‘make room’ for the next magic wand in my arsenal. Not (or nox?) saying I won’t buy one, but a Deus in one hand Excal in the other..well that’s pretty hard to beat! Till such time, lurking and waiting for user reviews is time better spent in the goldfields while the weather is beautiful! Oh, that’s where my SDC shines! Now THAT one was definitely worth waiting for!