Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The great Equinox conspiracy.

I'm with Minelab and always will be! No other machine brand has even come as close finding as much gold, platinum and silver jewelry in the sea for me- NONE! Thank you Minelab and for always thinking outside the box when it comes to detector technology. Those disappointed with the Equinox release should just cancel their pre-orders.

So as part of this "conspiracy/non-conspiracy" as some say, two major events has happened.

1. The site I was referring to with the release date of 12/17 changed it to "canceled" on 12/15. As of today, it changed again. It REMOVED all recent Minelab (fake?)news stories.

2. The Minelab website has been down since last night.

These are very unusual events.

Beyonder said:
So as part of this "conspiracy/non-conspiracy" as some say, two major events has happened.

1. The site I was referring to with the release date of 12/17 changed it to "canceled" on 12/15. As of today, it changed again. It REMOVED all recent Minelab (fake?)news stories.

2. The Minelab website has been down since last night.

These are very unusual events.

wow, that is odd that they removed all the recent equinox posts. I'm still sticking with my theory that Minelab has pulled a "Tommy Thompson" on us, LOL

First let me say that Minelab dealers are the very last to know anything about a product or release date.

A couple of factors to consider:

Minelab: With all the anticipation on the forums, THE MACHINE HAS TO BE RIGHT FROM DAY 1 !!!!!!!
Minelab: With all the advertising claims, THE MACHINE HAS TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER !!!!!

With the 2 above things mentioned, time is secondary to Minelab.....

For those waiting: The issue of supply and demand comes into play.... are you 1st, 2nd maybe 3rd on a waiting list or are you number 15 ?
If you are higher on a dealer's list, the wait could be longer

Please, no flames, just thinking out loud... Richard

I'm on your list lol and I'll gladly wait for a detector without defects. Nothing worse than using a dysfunctional machine and wasting a hunt

totally agree Richard this detector has to deliver or there will be a lot of unhappy campers... so while they have tied up detector buying for the last few months if this thing isn't going to obsolete ALL single frequency detectors they will have made probably their greatest marketing error to date..

no pressure minelab :lmfao: and you got nothing but yourselves to blame and the fact your ego is over sized :poke:

AJ

goodmore said:
The people that have failed to sell their old detectors will soon realize they waited too long. This Equinox detector has already changed the hobby and used market prices. Minelab needs to realize that they also killed their own sales of other models. The ETRAC, Excalibur, and yes the CTX are all going to suffer. Even the 705's will become stagnant in sales. Change to expensive gold coils when I can just change to 40 mHz? The used detector market has changed very quickly indeed. So has the new one. F75? AT Max? Even the Impact and Deus!l top selling detectors that were revered for performance and dollar value. The only conspiracy is killing the value of other detectors.

Just looks like a change in strategy. No scientific numbers here just an illustration......would it be better to sell 50 , $2500 detectors a month to the comparatively few who can afford that luxury........or 1,000 $800 detectors a month to a virtually unlimited market that is still growing ? .....and still sell a few $2500 detectors as well........all while taking sales away from the competitors. If this is a sales strategy its not hard to see why.

ohiochris said:
goodmore said:
The people that have failed to sell their old detectors will soon realize they waited too long. This Equinox detector has already changed the hobby and used market prices. Minelab needs to realize that they also killed their own sales of other models. The ETRAC, Excalibur, and yes the CTX are all going to suffer. Even the 705's will become stagnant in sales. Change to expensive gold coils when I can just change to 40 mHz? The used detector market has changed very quickly indeed. So has the new one. F75? AT Max? Even the Impact and Deus!l top selling detectors that were revered for performance and dollar value. The only conspiracy is killing the value of other detectors.

Just looks like a change in strategy. No scientific numbers here just an illustration......would it be better to sell 50 , $2500 detectors a month to the comparatively few who can afford that luxury........or 1,000 $800 detectors a month to a virtually unlimited market that is still growing ? .....and still sell a few $2500 detectors as well........all while taking sales away from the competitors. If this is a sales strategy its not hard to see why.

You hit the nail on the head.

I do believe you sealed the coffin.

goodmore said:

There's no secrecy or conspiracy, no frayed relationships (that I have seen), no credible reason to believe there is any delay and no reason the believe there is any kind of race between competitors to release a similar product.

Reeseb said:
There's no secrecy or conspiracy, no frayed relationships (that I have seen), no credible reason to believe there is any delay and no reason the believe there is any kind of race between competitors to release a similar product.

If that is what you think. You may want to do more research if you are really interested.

Minelab never promised any date as far as I know. Who in their right mind would want a detector that isn't ready? If they released an inferior product that would be a disaster. It was already explained to those conspiracy theorists on another forum that the testers are loyal to the company. They have disclosure agreements that can not be violated. There is no reason for Minelab or their testers to release information before hand. If you are tired of waiting then please move on to another detector or manufacturer. My goodness. Try to show a little patience and maturity.

goodmore said:
Minelab never promised any date as far as I know. Who in their right mind would want a detector that isn't ready? If they released an inferior product that would be a disaster. It was already explained to those conspiracy theorists on another forum that the testers are loyal to the company. They have disclosure agreements that can not be violated. There is no reason for Minelab or their testers to release information before hand. If you are tired of waiting then please move on to another detector or manufacturer. My goodness. Try to show a little patience and maturity.
Very concise. TNX

Tom
LFOD !

Beyonder said:
The great Equinox conspiracy.

Late July 2017: An advertisement of a person parachuting with a large Minelab banner and the headline stating, "Get the drop on Minelab's sensational new metal detector", begins to circulate the forums. There is an advertised date of September 16, 2017 for the release of information at the metal detecting festival called "detectival". Some speculation as to what this may be is discussed, but nothing concrete appears.

September 16th, 2017: As the event known as "Detectival" is going on, a man parachutes out of an airplane and lands on the ground with a metal detector in hand. The crowd gasps and begins to photograph the event. The parachutist hands the detector to a man known as Brandon Neice, AKA "Dr. Tones". He begins to speak, in detail, about this new VLF Multi-frequency detector that will render "all other VLFs obsolete" called the Equinox. A multi-Frequency, selectable frequency, low priced metal detector. Video's are release with the Equinox being used at Detectival and during one of these videos, a hint of a release date of "early December" by a credible source.

Aftermath of Detectival and the next few months: Suddenly, there begins a flow of speculation throughout the internet forums as to what this new machines capabilities are. Local and large dealers begin taking pre-orders as a frenzy of questions and news hungry buyers assault the web. Various articles and videos are released over the next few months. At this point, pre-orders are most likely in the thousands with some waiting lists alone, for a single dealer, being 200+ deep.

Beginning of December 2017: Most information has come to a small trickle. By this time, release dates given by dealers, buyers and others, range from early December to March 2018, to summer 2018. Huge verbal wars arise on most forums as to the machine being release with a "I want it now" vs "Too bad! You have to wait for it" type feuds. However, in the vast metal detecting community only one thing really matters at this point: Where is the Equinox?

December 12th-14th, 2017: A well known forum officially posts a release date for Europe being "December 17th, 2017". Investigated by a few, there doesn't seem to be any credible source behind this information and in fact, people begin to "call them out" asking what his source is. No response was given. On the 14th, this same site posts another article about the Equinox(although it is the truck) stating "Am I the one who creates Minelab news? Of course not, the manufacturer does everything by itself. I am the one who just tells detectorists and distributors some piece of news." This to me is an almost direct, pointed response to being "called out". Are they "in the know" or drawing hits to the web site?

What ABOUT, Minelab?: The now tattered and frayed relationships that inhabit the forums are the direct fault of Minelab not releasing any information, or so says the consensus. Why all the secrecy? Are there glaring issues? Is this a stunt to force the hand of the competition? This large "silent gap" is not only causing strife, but is hurting Minelabs reputation. It's a lose/lose all the way around. This gap as well as a possible missed release date(they still have a few weeks left) gives the competition like Nokta/Makro, Fisher, Whites, XP and whomever else the chance to catch-up and possibly surpass with an early release of their own cancelling Equinox pre-orders. After all, would you rather wait 200 deep or get something much sooner?

Conclusion: "The very word 'secret' in our society is repugnant" said John F. Kennedy. With the possible release date 17th fast approaching in 3 days, will it be release in December or will the veil of secrecy continue?

At least they took your post a little lighter than mine lol ,, it got deleted. Cannot joke and play here so serious. Just wondering since you quoted Kennedy are you awake also?

Trashfinder said:
At least they took your post a little lighter than mine lol ,, it got deleted. Cannot joke and play here so serious. Just wondering since you quoted Kennedy are you awake also?

Not sure what you mean by "awake". Do I question everything? I try my best. Honestly, if you take every ones word as gospel, you are going to get burnt.

As for my article, it is a serious piece. Everything up until, the last paragraph and the conclusion, is factual.

The last paragraph asks questions and makes a few suppositions.

The now tattered and frayed relationships that inhabit the forums are the direct fault of Minelab not releasing any information, or so says the consensus.

I read many different forums and people all across them are fighting over this machine.

Why all the secrecy? Are there glaring issues? Is this a stunt to force the hand of the competition?

Again these are valid questions. Nothing here to suggest something sinister.

This large "silent gap" is not only causing strife, but is hurting Minelabs reputation.

Another true statement based on the frustration I am reading across the forums.

It's a lose/lose all the way around. This gap as well as a possible missed release date(they still have a few weeks left) gives the competition like Nokta/Makro, Fisher, Whites, XP and whomever else the chance to catch-up and possibly surpass with an early release of their own cancelling Equinox pre-orders. After all, would you rather wait 200 deep or get something much sooner?

IF I was their competitor, NOW would be the perfect time to post about a 'hot new machine" to draw pre-orders away from Minelab. If you give the competition a chance like this, you bet in some way, their are trying to capitalize on it.

So where is the "wild conspiracy" that my post is fostering?

I'm on the waiting list and am looking forward to trying out this new machine. Minelab announced the machine three months ago and showed us the prototype. In October, they released some very interesting information about how the detector works. A couple weeks ago, my Minelab rep told me they hoped to have it ready to ship this month (December). Looks like it is taking longer than anticipated.

If there is a great conspiracy, I don't see it. Who is conspiring against whom?

Reeseb said:
I'm on the waiting list and am looking forward to trying out this new machine. Minelab announced the machine three months ago and showed us the prototype. In October, they released some very interesting information about how the detector works. A couple weeks ago, my Minelab rep told me they hoped to have it ready to ship this month (December). Looks like it is taking longer than anticipated.

If there is a great conspiracy, I don't see it. Who is conspiring against whom?

There isn't one, but that doesn't stop some of the members from trying to find one hiding around every corner and in the comments of everyone else.

Beyonder said:
Trashfinder said:

Not sure what you mean by "awake". Do I question everything? I try my best. Honestly, if you take every ones word as gospel, you are going to get burnt.

As for my article, it is a serious piece. Everything up until, the last paragraph and the conclusion, is factual.

The last paragraph asks questions and makes a few suppositions.

The now tattered and frayed relationships that inhabit the forums are the direct fault of Minelab not releasing any information, or so says the consensus.

I read many different forums and people all across them are fighting over this machine.

Why all the secrecy? Are there glaring issues? Is this a stunt to force the hand of the competition?

Again these are valid questions. Nothing here to suggest something sinister.

This large "silent gap" is not only causing strife, but is hurting Minelabs reputation.

Another true statement based on the frustration I am reading across the forums.

It's a lose/lose all the way around. This gap as well as a possible missed release date(they still have a few weeks left) gives the competition like Nokta/Makro, Fisher, Whites, XP and whomever else the chance to catch-up and possibly surpass with an early release of their own cancelling Equinox pre-orders. After all, would you rather wait 200 deep or get something much sooner?

IF I was their competitor, NOW would be the perfect time to post about a 'hot new machine" to draw pre-orders away from Minelab. If you give the competition a chance like this, you bet in some way, their are trying to capitalize on it.

So where is the "wild conspiracy" that my post is fostering?

I was only joking with my post, i thought it was obvious what i was doing but guess not. I even used question marks , it was not a statement but a question, that was a joke.

And on a serious note i totally agree with you beyonder i think what they have done is totally unfair to the consumers. If they needed 6 months of testing they should have waited and made the announcement when that was nearing completion and then they could have put out a completed product within a reasonable amount of time from the products announcement.