Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Mojave

All interesting but there is only one serial number I actually care about...230475.
That is the number on mine.

BeyWolf said:
The lowest number posted here was 229923 and the highest was 234461.
Thats a range of more than 4500 possible serial numbers.
I don't think we can figure out from serial numbers, how many Mojave's were made.

Wonder how many we got in this thread ?

I ordered two machines from Rusty, with sequential serial numbers.

48335419836_0452898c0c.jpg

48335419046_7b3bb7fcff.jpg

I just sold one still new in the box.
(ser# 232273)

Gonna keep the other.

Fisherfinder

So, so far mines the earliest being 229 starting?
Maybe I got the first one made lol

I'm not a fan of foam hand grips because they suck when wet and muddy...lol. I picked up a pair of these rubber bicycle grips on Ebay. I sprayed some WD 40 on the inside and slid it on. Feels a lot smaller at first but now it feels good and I think it looks good too.

Attachments

• IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 265
Still looking like one of mines the oldest?!? I don't know if that's good or bad....

I'm not a fan of foam hand grips because they suck when wet and muddy...lol. I picked up a pair of these rubber bicycle grips on Ebay. I sprayed some WD 40 on the inside and slid it on. Feels a lot smaller at first but now it feels good and I think it looks good too.

Hi Dig-a-holic ! :biggrin:
I agree, your new hand grip looks great ! My only concern is, in warm weather does the grip rotate or slide up and down due to the WD-40 Lubricant sprayed on the inside ? If it does, that would be annoying to me.
ToddB64

Hi Dig-a-holic ! :biggrin:
I agree, your new hand grip looks great ! My only concern is, in warm weather does the grip rotate or slide up and down due to the WD-40 Lubricant sprayed on the inside ? If it does, that would be annoying to me.
ToddB64
It fits tight. It took a lot of work twisting back n forth to get it up there even with wd40. I just sprayed it lightly. Might could have used Dawn soap. Thanks!

Spoke with a friend the other day....we were talking about some of the older Tesoro's mid 90's and early 2000 models and how much we loved them...asked if I had a Mojave ..I said yes..hang on to it he said.
I asked why...then he shocked me by saying there were only 200 produced...so boys and girls you may want to hold onto your Mojave it's a classic.....and rarer then rocking horse poop...
Just saying:)

Cheers, Whimp
Get in touch with Allan Cannon, the Compass Guru as he Designed the
Mojave. He could probably give you an EXACT # made.
silverseeker 2 JMHO

It fits tight. It took a lot of work twisting back n forth to get it up there even with wd40. I just sprayed it lightly. Might could have used Dawn soap. Thanks!

Dig-a-holic…...That's great ! You were smart to use a "light" spray and then willing to work harder to get the grip into position.
Glad it worked out for you. Good job ! :thumbup:
ToddB64

Get in touch with Allan Cannon, the Compass Guru as he Designed the
Mojave. He could probably give you an EXACT # made.
silverseeker 2 JMHO
How would one get a hold of Allan? I remember long conversations with him about my tesoros. Always happy to sit and talk

Is this him?
I must be the one person left that doesn't have Facebook. But thank you!!!

Is this him?
I don't think that's him. Says lives in Washington state and never lived in Arizona. I assume he'd have to have lived in Arizona for how long he worked at tesoro.