Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The V3i plunge

pratt

Well after some long thought and lots of reading here on this forum and a few PMs. I made the v3i purchase late this afternoon and hopefully will see it tomorrow. I was a long time dfx users and hoping the learning curve wont be to hard. Thanks to Larry(IN) and Larry @ NWI for helping me out.

Congratulations Larry........... there sure are a lot of Larry's involved in your V3i purchase............:biggrin:

WTO on getting the V3i:thumbup: I have had my v3i for 3 months now and love it what a detector . I started with the hi-pro program and I am working my way up.:twodetecting::whites::cheers:

Good luck Pratt. Same as you, long time DFX user. My V3i should arrive next week. Just have to carve out time to dedicate being a "student" of the new technology inside it. Time, never enough. A couple of days playing hooky from work will aid my learning curve.
storypic_brucemsm1.jpg
[/img]

The big thing guys is to realize you already know the V3i more than you realize. So many of the concepts and adjustments are the same. Stick with the controls that are on the DFX for starters....slowly wade in to the other stuff (your going to love it as you do) and your own learning speed is the right one for you. Fun box you have and congrats.

nw1886, thank you. I will follow your advice, logical way of approaching it.

I also just got the v3i big Jump from last MD going to take some time to learn all you can do with this unit going to be busy for awhile

It takes a while to learn...even though it has preprogrammed "pick up and hunt" settings...the real treat is when you figure out how to tweak it to your specific style and ground that you hunt. Sometimes I love mine...and sometimes it frustrates me...but I am keeping after it, and hope to make some more good finds with it. Best of luck to you and yours.

The hardest part will be trying to figure out how to kick yourself in the butt for waiting so long...

J

Pratt traded his V3i so I'm closing the post. It's not for everyone.