Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:

I’m a semi retired HV Trouble Lineman. Luvin this new sport/hobby. I have a few machines, though hopefully the new Equinox will serve me well on an impossible iron infested beach. Someday I’ll find that pot of Gold! TM

Electronics Engineer for the US Air Force 2016-Present
Electronics Tech 8 yrs2008-2016
Military Intelligence 1999-2007 (OIF- OEF 100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran)

I started out typical with a couple fast food jobs. Then I served in the army for two years. Stay at home Mom for 7-8 years. Then I went to work for the family business and went back to school. Now I do all the accounting, payroll, most of the tax filings, and background checks on new hires. Sounds like a lot but with the software, I only work 10-20 hours a week. While at work I sometimes dabble in genealogy and try to research my finds.

I got into this hobby because of the property we bought has lots of trash sites. Mostly I find bottles and iron farm relics, and trash. I did find an 1854 dime last summer. It's the only coin I have found using a metal detector.

i'm. a chef former truck driver and vet. 10th mtn li inf 214 cco. Just got an AT Pro have used bounty hunters and Garrett ace 150

I was a Parachute Rigger in the US Army, 18th Airborne Corps during the Viet Nam War.
After college, Electronics Tech in radio and telephone.
Retirement job was truck driving but am now retired and give full attention to my hobbies.
Hobbies are: Traditional Wood working, Metal fabrication and Metal detecting from nugget shooting to relic hunting, Black Powder shooting and re-enactments.
I've been married to the same gal for 43 years!

I have been a computer programmer (Software Engineer) since the early 80's. I got my first computer in 1978, a TRS-80 Model 1. I had an electronics repair shop for a while, repairing TVs and VCRs - along with other things people brought in to my shop. I am also an Extra class Ham radio operator, but not very active anymore. Now I am looking forward to retirement in about 2 1/2 years.

Tom
Vancouver, WA

New guy here in central Texas.

Dunno about brilliant...:rolleyes: 35 years land surveying. Retired. Last 16 years of my working life spent in the office designing residential subdivisions mostly.

For starters, I'll be shoving an Ace 400 around. Wanted to stay within a certain price point, and Bingo the 400 + carrot & accys. was right there, basically. I did exceed my drop-dead price by a couple of shekels.

Retired Pa. State Police after 30 yrs..got in hobby late in middle 50's of age... Now 80 and caregiver for my sick wife of 54yrs and basically an armchair detectorist and have owned and used many Garrett units over the years..always next year one hopes...

US Army Vet, 30 years Auto Collision Tech, 8 years community College Instructor, Retired with DDD, but dig and prospect.

I am a maintenance tech, with robotics and trained to work on up 13KV for a major grocery manufacture for the last 19 years. Wife is a RN. She wanted to go dirt fishin for the last few years and I wasn't on board with it much. Decided to jump in the kool-aid and got us Ace 300 and 400 for Christmas. She has it bad, been on me all week since we haven't been out since Saturday. I can say I didn't think I would get the bug as bad as I have also. Even tho in just the short time we have been detecting(early Dec 201:geek: we haven't found anything much to write about, we truly do have a great time out looking together! From cruising the forums I must be lucky having my best friend/wife that's into it as much if not more than I am.

I served 11 years in the USAF.
Got a couple years of College in the Service.
Got out and got a Civil Engineering degree.
Worked here and there then moved home.
Working out of my house doing land development projects

Just ordered a Garrett ACE 400. Brand new hobby. Not sure where this will lead.

I have just taken up this hobby this past Christmas 2018. Where to begin? 73 years old, high school grad, vocational school, no college due to money. At age 17, I went to work for what was then Southern Bell Telephone & Telegraph Co. I worked there 35 years with 6 job titles. Frameman, Lineman, Installer-repairman, PBX installer-repairman, Toll Testing Technician & Electronics Technician. I have worked on U.S. Air Force communications systems for SAC, TAC, Radar Approach Control, Control Tower communications as well as big name retailers in the southeast. I loved the jobs but I got burned out with all of the operational changes toward the end. Married 53 years next month (same gal), two daughters, two granddaughters and a grandson. And friend, let me tell you they named them right when the put "GRAND" in front of the noun. I am an expert at nothing but am self taught in a lot of technical jobs. Welding, plumbing, wiring, auto repair, body work, building construction and on and on. I love working with both my mind and my hands. I have had my run-in with cancer and hope to die of old age. Of course, I could write a book here but if you are still reading this you might think I was a bragging jerk by now. The man asked or I would have kept this to myself. So, I'll say nuff said. I hope you find a gold coin this coming week.

US Border Patrol
Dept of Justice Special Agent
Computer Systems Administrator
Technical Traner
Computer Repair Technician
Tier 3 Helpdesk Analylist
Internet ISP administrator
Sidelined in 2016 with Heart Failure

Freedom Ace
AT4
GTA 1500

Still have the AT4 from 1986