Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:

I work at the West Colton Roundhouse for the Union Pacific Railroad. I've been a roundhouse foreman for 13 years. I started a machinist working on locomotives.

Did 4 years in the U.S. Army right out of school, while in the Army in Alaska got into cars/drag racing which I took up more seriously 10 years later. Out of the Army went to work as an autoworker, been doing that for 27 years. While laid off for a while in the 90's I went to school and became a certified electrician, which I did for a while, but now only when I feel like it. After a 10 year absence from drag racing got back into that for 15 years racing a 67 Dodge Dart, and began building and tuning cars for other guys and building carbs for guys. Gave up the driving stuff a few years ago to spend more time with the fam...with no regrets. My long time unrealized hobby desire was metal detecting, which I'm glad to say I'm finally enjoying very much. Lurcked on a number of sites for years, but now I'm "in the family" and loving it. Thats about it. :thumbup:
Ken.

I work in the shipping dept. At a Lowes Distribution Center. I have two children and am single. Life has been a struggle thats for sure.

hello everyone. i've been a member now for about 4 minutes. i stopped working one year ago, almost to the day. i've been restoring antiques and furniture most of my life. over the years i have worked at other jobs, but restoration is what i enjoy. it's a lucky man who enjoys his work. it becomes more of a hobby than a labor for money. i have never hunted with a detector before. i bought a garrett 250 which should arrive in a day or two. i am really looking forward to beginning a new hobby. i'm thankful that there is so much expertise and knowledge that i can call on for help.

In a nut shell, I am a Jack-of-all trades. A carpenter by trade, but over the years have gained knowledge in most if not all phases of home construction. If I had to I could build a house by myself, knowledge wise at least...my body couldn't put up with me actually attempting it lol

Electronic and Physical security in banking. Tinker with alarms, camera systems, lockwork, those annoying drive up tube systems, pretty much anything electronic or mechanical in a bank. Do a lot of traveling, and am always looking for old parks along the way!

Served in the USAF for 4 years, Texas, Libya, and Florida. Got my college degree while working full time as a police officer for the City of Tulsa, Oklahoma for almost 22 years. Took my police pension and rehired by the City as Manager of Code Enforcement for ten years. Retired and now am a full time Grandpa and mentor for seven grandkids, a daughter, pretty wife and two sons. Best job I have had yet! Monty

Civil & industrial electrician. Specialized in wiring distribution panels and cabinets. Automation installations for medical units. I collect coins and matchbox-sized toy busses. Whenever I can, I squeek in a couple hours detecting after work or on weekends, but with double shifts, it ain't easy...

Full time electronic repair technician for a communications test equipment company. Part time Pastor for Churches of God General Conference.

Mike

Live in Milton West Virginia started out in Law enforcement and became chief of police in a small town. Couldn't raise 2 boys on that salary so i went to work for CSX Railroad as a Yardmaster.